[NO Spoilers] Star Wars: Episode 7 - NO PUSSY SHIT

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Y'all are projecting hardcore about the crystals. They mean almost nothing, and you flip your shit claiming they mean _____, _____, _____, etc.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
nah. the crystal thing is pretty reasonable. That is something fairly established. "building a lightsaber" as part of jedi coming of age has been a thing since the original series. A deleted scene, as well as Luke still having a new one and Vader commenting on it in Jedi.

And lightsabers being a power source, +focusing crystal which just defines the color. They aren't magic or anything.
Yes, Vader comments on Luke constructing his own light saber for five seconds, everyone in the audience is satisfied that Luke, being a jedi, would know how to construct one, and you move on. You don't have Luke do a forty five minute power point presentation on how he did it. That's the gay shit that you have in the prequels and in these shitty romance novel EU books.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Just because you aren't interested in exactly how a lightsaber works doesn't mean that nobody else is. I imagine at least some of the exposition for how various things worked was driven by the RPGs and not the novels.
I don't know what drove it, but I know there are at least 2 books explaining the theory of the star wars tech.

Y'all are projecting hardcore about the crystals. They mean almost nothing, and you flip your shit claiming they mean _____, _____, _____, etc.
No, you aint seen nothing yet. We aint even started talking about refining the crystals or what the different colors mean.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yes, Vader comments on Luke constructing his own light saber for five seconds, everyone in the audience is satisfied that Luke, being a jedi, would know how to construct one, and you move on. You don't have Luke do a forty five minute power point presentation on how he did it. That's the gay shit that you have in the prequels and in these shitty romance novel EU books.
Have you ever read an actual book? Books can go into great detail on things that there simply isn't time to do in the movies. Giving a backstory on something as iconic as a lightsaber is neither absurd or gay shit as you call it. Just because they didn't go into great detail on everything in the original triliogy doesn;t mean it isn't worth visiting down the line. The construction of a lightsaber is pretty fucking interesting and doesn't need to be kept as some fucking stupid mystery to preserve your childhood.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So I once read a book about why samurai used curved swords and why european knights used straight blades. I thought it was really interesting at the time that katanas were curved specifically to cut the silk that held Japanese armor together whereas the straight blades of the Europeans were mostly to stab through the armor. I USED to think it was interesting... BUT THANK HEAVENS for this thread!! Now I know that writing a book about that stuff is SUPER gay.

Caliane

yeah sure in the movies.

but, its the games really where that stuff is fun to see. as well as art books, etc. Tech specs on x-wings, vs tie-fighters. Various classes of starfighters, etc. That's part of world building, and creating a fun, intricate world. Questions like how is the command structure organized? the medals the Admirals are wearing etc, what do each insignia mean?

Caliane

Have you ever read an actual book? Books can go into great detail on things that there simply isn't time to do in the movies. Giving a backstory on something as iconic as a lightsaber is neither absurd or gay shit as you call it. Just because they didn't go into great detail on everything in the original triliogy doesn;t mean it isn't worth visiting down the line. The construction of a lightsaber is pretty fucking interesting and doesn't need to be kept as some fucking stupid mystery to preserve your childhood.
yeah, good point too.

Man that Tolkien was a bore, creating real languages and shit. Archaic back-stories.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
No, giving backstory on lightsaber construction doesn't have to be "gay shit", but based on what we've heard about it, it certainly qualified.

Bladefury

N00b
Luke's green Lightsaber creation was in the Shadows of the Empire book.

Crystals are just used as a focus point to project the lightsaber. Don't ask how the light magically stops after 3-4 feet, though.

KOTOR had different color lightsabers and they claimed that different "types" of Jedi would use a specific color. Doesn't mean you HAD to do that or that it had any kind of special powers attached to the color. They were just color coding their Jedi.

Also at the end of the Yuuzhan Vong invasion stories, you find out they actually are NOT from outside the galaxy. Just far, far, FAR on the outskirts. In fact, there's another book that takes place when Anakin Skywalker is still a child and they visit a planet that can create organic "ships", which is also the "living" planet at the end of the Vong story.

I'll never forgive them for killing Chewie.
frown.png

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Don't ask how the light magically stops after 3-4 feet, though.
It magically stops because its not a laser, its plasma held in place by shielding. That's why it repells other lightsabers and blaster bolts, but other materials can pass through the barrier and touch the plasma. /nerd

Jait

Molten Core Raider
JJ Should troll everyone. Have the trailer be Jar Jar the Jedi Battlemaster telling young Padawans the story. And do the whole fucking thing in his dialogue.

gather round and leesen to meesa as I be speakin of the grand ol story of how da gun guns saved the galaxy

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
JJ Should troll everyone. Have the trailer be Jar Jar the Jedi Battlemaster telling young Padawans the story. And do the whole fucking thing in his dialogue.

gather round and leesen to meesa as I be speakin of the grand ol story of how da gun guns saved the galaxy
You need to punch yourself in the dick for typing that. Sorry... Those are the rules.