[NO Spoilers] Star Wars: Episode 7 - NO PUSSY SHIT

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I am definitely looking forward to it and this is from someone who thinks the entire IP Is beyond played out. My only concern is if they can get the pacing and editing down. I hope this isn't a movie with 2.5 hours of dog fights and special effects scenes with 2 minutes of frantic dialog between those scenes. The og trilogy did it just right with the interplay of actors, dialog, and special effect sets.
Yeah the original trilogy was able to use actors and dialog because it was good. I think the only good parts in ep1-3 were the action scenes.

made ep1 worth it

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
oMLf3FP.jpg

KlyRuwx.jpg

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Maybe I am just old and jaded but I'm seeing nothing here that either excites or repulses me about this movie. For next year I'm way more interested in Age of Ultron and finding out just what the hell Tomorrowland is than 7.

I'd put it firmly in my Tier 2 of 2015 along with Mission Impossible 5, The Martian, and Furious 7. "I'm as interested in Star Wars as I am in that Vin Diesel thing" is a pretty apt summary of the damage the prequels did.

Il_Duce Lightning Lord Rule

Lightning Fast
<Charitable Administrator>
Here's a good excuse that negates most of the complaints: dude's wearing lightsaber proof gloves/gauntlets. (Cortosis? whatever)

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am a bitch, I will openly admit that when it comes to this. For some odd reason I can't get it in my head that Lucas is no longer involved, and when I saw that, my first reaction was "Oh great, here we go again."

supertouch_sl

shitlord
The blade probably runs the length of the guard so you're still hitting blade if the metal part breaks. It's probably just there to protect the user from the heat.

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
So jedi up to this point were sort of based on Samurai and eastern mysticism type stuff. Perhaps by going to a crossguard style sword, they're going to incorporate more western knight themes into these movies? A lightsaber suit of armor? Lightsaber shield?
I think you may be on the right track with this (minus the shield and armor stuff). I actually love the new light saber. It brings back the idea of these being actual JediKnights/ SithKnightsinstead of the fucking Jedi Ninja shit we saw in the prequals.

Another theory that I've seen thrown around so far is that this might be some ancient version of a lightsaber with the claymore style cross bars and the faded flame look to the ends as apposed to the sharp rounded look of the ones everyone is familiar with. Its rumored from some of the leaks that the sith/bad guy is collecting sith artifacts such as the Vader mask. I could see this being some ancient saber that was recovered from long ago.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Major plot points. Read at your own risk

-The Galactic Civil War between the Rebel Alliance and the Empire has not ended since RotJ.
-John Boyega's character is either shot down or crash lands on Tatooine where he meets Daisy Ridley's character and they form a bond.

-After finding a severed hand holding a lightsaber, the pair go on a quest to return it to it's original owner.

-Ridley's character works as a salvager for Max Von Sydow and questions him about the lightsaber which Sydow seems to recognize.

-The pair then meet up with Han Solo and Chewbacca who also recognize the lightsaber to belong to Luke who hasn't been seen in 30 years and they head out to search for him.

-They find a half-crazy Luke who has been in self-imposed exile (for unknown reasons). He sees Force potential in both Ridley and Boyega and decides to train them as Jedi.

-It's revealed by Luke that the Inquisitors were a secret division within Imperial Intelligence who were connected to the Sith and have been hunting down Jedi since the end of the Clone Wars.

-We see a flashback of Darth Vadar recruiting the first Inquisitors and a possible look at young Princess Leia.

-Gwendolyn Christie who is Boyega's commanding officer sets out to found the deserter and reveals that she also has a connection to the Force.

-It is revealed that sometime between Ep. 6 and 7 Han and Leia sent their son Adam Driver to apprentice as a Jedi under Luke, but things went wrong and Driver fell to the darkside. Feeling guilt, Luke severed ties with Driver and thus the explanation as to why he went into his self-imposed exile.

-Ridley and Boyega have a showdown against a mysterious Sith cyborg on an ice planet.

-Driver who is intent on learning the ways of the darkside of the Force intends to find and kill Luke.

-Eventually Driver and Luke face off against each other, but it ends in tragedy as Han steps in trying to save his son and is killed by Luke.

-This causes Driver to fall even deeper to the darkside and sets up the next film.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
I think you may be on the right track with this (minus the shield and armor stuff). I actually love the new light saber. It brings back the idea of these being actual JediKnights/ SithKnightsinstead of the fucking Jedi Ninja shit we saw in the prequals.

Another theory that I've seen thrown around so far is that this might be some ancient version of a lightsaber with the claymore style cross bars and the faded flame look to the ends as apposed to the sharp rounded look of the ones everyone is familiar with. Its rumored from some of the leaks that the sith/bad guy is collecting sith artifacts such as the Vader mask. I could see this being some ancient saber that was recovered from long ago.
Dollars to donuts says Disney execs told the design team "Make a new kind of lightsaber that we can market and sell the shit out of!"

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Dollars to donuts says Disney execs told the design team "Make a new kind of lightsaber that we can market and sell the shit out of!"
Did you not read the link a few post back? Points to a source from 2009 showing that kind of lightsaber.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Did you not read the link a few post back? Points to a source from 2009 showing that kind of lightsaber.
I did...but I am an idiot when I said "make" ..I meant "introduce" ....meaning the design team went through whatever Lore.

I need to quit drinking Rum

Carry on

Blakkheim

Karazhan Raider
Maybe it really is Smaug doing the voice over.

E2LUYpg.gif

Seriously though, you can clearly hear the imperial probe droid in the back ground in the first scene. I guess instead of the troopers hunting the droids, the droids are hunting the trooper.

Arakyd_Viper.jpg

Xevy

Log Wizard
They honestly haven't said yet. Speculation is it's Serkis, Sydow, Driver, or Cumberbatch. I think it sounds like Driver doing an evil voice through some sort of voice machine. Vader + Emperor style.

Column_sl

shitlord

-The Galactic Civil War between the Rebel Alliance and the Empire has not ended since RotJ.
-John Boyega's character is either shot down or crash lands on Tatooine where he meets Daisy Ridley's character and they form a bond.

-After finding a severed hand holding a lightsaber, the pair go on a quest to return it to it's original owner.

-Ridley's character works as a salvager for Max Von Sydow and questions him about the lightsaber which Sydow seems to recognize.

-The pair then meet up with Han Solo and Chewbacca who also recognize the lightsaber to belong to Luke who hasn't been seen in 30 years and they head out to search for him.

-They find a half-crazy Luke who has been in self-imposed exile (for unknown reasons). He sees Force potential in both Ridley and Boyega and decides to train them as Jedi.

-It's revealed by Luke that the Inquisitors were a secret division within Imperial Intelligence who were connected to the Sith and have been hunting down Jedi since the end of the Clone Wars.

-We see a flashback of Darth Vadar recruiting the first Inquisitors and a possible look at young Princess Leia.

-Gwendolyn Christie who is Boyega's commanding officer sets out to found the deserter and reveals that she also has a connection to the Force.

-It is revealed that sometime between Ep. 6 and 7 Han and Leia sent their son Adam Driver to apprentice as a Jedi under Luke, but things went wrong and Driver fell to the darkside. Feeling guilt, Luke severed ties with Driver and thus the explanation as to why he went into his self-imposed exile.

-Ridley and Boyega have a showdown against a mysterious Sith cyborg on an ice planet.

-Driver who is intent on learning the ways of the darkside of the Force intends to find and kill Luke.

-Eventually Driver and Luke face off against each other, but it ends in tragedy as Han steps in trying to save his son and is killed by Luke.

-This causes Driver to fall even deeper to the darkside and sets up the next film.
That's probly fake as hell, but still a good read.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Was hating this mostly until the ending. I'd love it if the initial entry into this trilogy had such a dark ending.