No Time to Die (007 Bond)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Uh. It's in the actual trailer.

She's 007 for some part of the story in-universe. Big deal. She'll probably die by the end of the movie.

Doesn't mean she gets the "role" or "james bond movies" of her own.
its franchise killing even if its temporary, it means anyone can be 007, even some ugly sheboon. fuck that shit. 007 is only James Bond.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This cannot be true. This would literally ruin everything about the franchise and the point of it. Fuck cant I have anything cool without the extreme left ruining it.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Talk about going balls deep, people seemed upset they would even consider a black guy like Idris

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
IIRC the full list of english actors people were considering were all too old to start a career as James Bond. Elba is only 4 years younger than Craig, who started his Bond career at 38.

All the younger actors went for dramas and Doctor Who, there wasn't really a crop of action stars in the millennial generation.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Tom Hardy wouldnt be a bad choice IMO. But hes kinda got a more gruff style to him than classic bond.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Talk about going balls deep, people seemed upset they would even consider a black guy like Idris
the problem with Idris isnt because he's black or old, he's just in everything. he is the quintessential "hey lets get a black guy for this role" trope, so when you poop him into an iconic role like Bond, it just doesnt sound exciting when youve seen him do the "hey lets get a black guy for this" twist in other roles already. he bombed the fuck out as Roland in Dark Tower" that franchise went down in flames before it even started, all because "hey lets get a black guy for this" mania. i know i said its not because he's black, but it really isnt a race thing, its a cultural switcheroo thing. its the same as making traditionally male or female roles the opposite. its a shit gimmick that hacks use to create buzz for their films because they really dont offer much of anything else. if you really got a cool story and you got a black dude who was made for that role, then sure, lets see how that goes.

look at Pierce Brosnan. that guy was born to be Bond. i mean when he did finally get the role, he wasnt as good as say Sean Connery, but he made you believe he was Bond. he was so Bond that when he played Remington Steele, people imagined him as James Bond. i think he was actually picked to play James Bond years earlier before he played the role but couldnt due to contractual obligations.
this woman cant be James Bond and because she cant be James Bond, then she cant be 007.

Goatface

apparently in 2018, they recon'd James to be the 2nd 007, in novel canon

1604634950963.png

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Maybe I am misremembering but I thought people were upset that it was a black guy being considered, not that it was Idris in particular.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Maybe I am misremembering but I thought people were upset that it was a black guy being considered, not that it was Idris in particular.
well, a black dude really wouldnt work as Bond traditionally, not at all. now though? maybe. me personally i think its no way jose, but i'm an old geezer who believe in the "if it aint broke, dont fix it" ideology. make a new franchise with a black spy. but leave Bond the way he is. who knows, try it and see. just dont use the same gimmick actor for all your experimental roles.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Maybe it's a ploy, threaten a black female bond so when it's just a black male bond people will be a bit more accepting, lol

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
IIRC the full list of english actors people were considering were all too old to start a career as James Bond. Elba is only 4 years younger than Craig, who started his Bond career at 38.

All the younger actors went for dramas and Doctor Who, there wasn't really a crop of action stars in the millennial generation.
Doctor Who? What?

I don't think any Dr Who actors would make a good Bond.

How does being in a drama stop your next job from being Bond?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Doctor Who? What?

I don't think any Dr Who actors would make a good Bond.

How does being in a drama stop your next job from being Bond?
wasnt there some talk about Matt Smith doing Bond as well as a bunch of other roles when he was big at the time? funnily enough. when they talked about replacing Matt Smith as the next Doctor, guess who topped the list? Idris Elba!

Chris

Potato del Grande
wasnt there some talk about Matt Smith doing Bond as well as a bunch of other roles when he was big at the time? funnily enough. when they talked about replacing Matt Smith as the next Doctor, guess who topped the list? Idris Elba!
Lol he would need ALL the steroids.

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Lol he would need ALL the steroids.
you laugh but there are people who have deep boners for that guy. heh if they can make a sparkly vampire into the motherfucking Batman, then they can turn a stringbean like Smith into a pussy slaying hardnose spy like Bond.

Chris

Potato del Grande
if they can make a sparkly vampire into the motherfucking Batman
Using body doubles for every Batsuit scene. Bond doesn't wear a mask...

If we are going for a stringbean, let's have Tom Hiddleston who can be charming and sarcastic without being a weirdo like Matt Smith and can probably put some pounds of muscle on without looking fucked up.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Goatface

is Elba really a big draw? not totally against a black guy being bond, but a lot of times black british accents are off putting.
was looking at some of the odds pages and have no idea who a lot of them are offhand.

1604668120365.png

1604668243313.png

1604668429185.png

know he doesn't have a shot, but i like to see charlie hunnam as bond, really enjoyed him in the gentlemen

• 1Like