No Time to Die (007 Bond)

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Considering how weak the last one was, I am fine with just retiring the series. It has had a phenomenal run. It is time to move on and let it go.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Considering how weak the last one was, I am fine with just retiring the series. It has had a phenomenal run. It is time to move on and let it go.
could always go prequel and show how a young James Bond got his start and became a 00 agent. dont call it Kingsman.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Anyway you'd imagine it working, reality is they'll fuck it up with identity politics.

With the history of James Bond character, he's a 'repeat offender' in their eyes and needs to be fixed.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Heard something about them wanting a 35ish relatively unknown actor this go around

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I still think a 60s period setting would be pretty nice. They're going to reboot him anyway and I feel like there's been so many spy movies in the modern era already.

Unfortunately you'd probably have set pieces where he joins activist marches and hangs out at Woodstock...

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
They could go a more forest gump route and have bond involved in actual events that western spy agencies really did, like a super intense underwater scene when he blows up nordstream and has to evade german and russian surveillance, or a narrow race against time to finish rigging all the explosives and jump with a glider before the jet strikes the twin towers he's in. Young bond being the second jfk shooter would be a hell of a movie intro.

• 3Worf
  • 1Double Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Fadaar

That guy
They could go a more forest gump route and have bond involved in actual events that western spy agencies really did, like a super intense underwater scene when he blows up nordstream and has to evade german and russian surveillance, or a narrow race against time to finish rigging all the explosives and jump with a glider before the jet strikes the twin towers he's in. Young bond being the second jfk shooter would be a hell of a movie intro.

dont steal the Comedians thunder like that breh

Goatface

1682817650185.png

• 4Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 4 users

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
Exactly. Go make your own franchise.
That's exactly what we're facing right now. The people in charge in Hollywood want to destroy the very idea of masculinity, but there's a fatal flaw in their plan: they haven't the talent to create a believable female "hero", engaging story, or... well, anything above a third grade reading level. Therefore, their only alternative is to take existing stories and apply that tremendous lack of writing skill and creativity to existing heroes to completely destroy their image.

• 3Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
That's exactly what we're facing right now. The people in charge in Hollywood want to destroy the very idea of masculinity, but there's a fatal flaw in their plan: they haven't the talent to create a believable female "hero", engaging story, or... well, anything above a third grade reading level. Therefore, their only alternative is to take existing stories and apply that tremendous lack of writing skill and creativity to existing heroes to completely destroy their image.
I'm convinced this is all some kind of movement (conspiracy!) where wokesters infiltrate existing traditional male iconic brands and alter them to "even the playing field". doesnt matter if they destroy them in the process. they still get paid. and destroying these things seems to be their point.

• 2Like

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
Go read The Communist Manifesto. We're seeing it play out in real time, exactly as outlined. Infiltrate schools to indoctrinate the kids, and destroy any system which promotes unity amongst the populace: concepts like Church, National Pride, Family, etc. Did you hear Biden's speech where he tells people their children don't belong to their family, but to everyone? During Covid children were being told by their teachers to turn in their parents for not wearing masks. Faith in our country/leadership seems to be at all-time lows. Lawlessness and chaos are being ignored or excused, while citizens who stand up to it are ridiculed, jailed, or worse. It's been coming for quite a while, and having been to war multiple times... I do not look forward to this thing coming to a head.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Go read The Communist Manifesto. We're seeing it play out in real time, exactly as outlined. Infiltrate schools to indoctrinate the kids, and destroy any system which promotes unity amongst the populace: concepts like Church, National Pride, Family, etc. Did you hear Biden's speech where he tells people their children don't belong to their family, but to everyone? During Covid children were being told by their teachers to turn in their parents for not wearing masks. Faith in our country/leadership seems to be at all-time lows. Lawlessness and chaos are being ignored or excused, while citizens who stand up to it are ridiculed, jailed, or worse. It's been coming for quite a while, and having been to war multiple times... I do not look forward to this thing coming to a head.
i stopped following what these fake leaders are doing anymore because i just get super pissed off and unhappy. nothing i can do about it. it is all coming to a head. when these corporations and governments buckle. hopefully cooler heads can right the ship somehow. it wont be through voting, but at least with these brands, you can just make them go bankrupt and the market will support new companies to give customers what they want.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not sure why they just can't have a 008 or something be a woman. Have a movie with them both, and then set 008 off to their own line of movies. It isn't out of the realm of possibilty for a 008 line to succeed if they do it right. Hollywood seems to lack the creativity to do it I guess.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Chris

Potato del Grande
Not sure why they just can't have a 008 or something be a woman. Have a movie with them both, and then set 008 off to their own line of movies. It isn't out of the realm of possibilty for a 008 line to succeed if they do it right. Hollywood seems to lack the creativity to do it I guess.
Because they want to "fix" James Bond as part of the culture war, they don't want to follow the obvious path to set up a female protagonist in the Bond cinematic universe and make a successful movie people would enjoy.

They want a black female lesbian Bond to decolonise action movies.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Because they want to "fix" James Bond as part of the culture war, they don't want to follow the obvious path to set up a female protagonist in the Bond cinematic universe and make a successful movie people would enjoy.

They want a black female lesbian Bond to decolonise action movies.
whenever i think of shit like that i always imagine that scene from Lion, Witch and Wardrobe. where Aslan surrenders to the Witch and it wasnt enough to fucking surrender and let her win, they had to shave all his mane off and take away his dignity and then murder him after his humiliation. that scene in the cartoon always stuck with me from when i was a kid. i know its supposed to mirror the Crucifixion, but holy fucking shit that was brutal for kids.
this is how i see every beloved traditional IP in the hands of these cocksuckers.

• 3Like