No Time to Die (007 Bond)

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
The Cinema Spot must be newbies, he'll be the 8th Bond. They think they are smart for counting Lazenby but they always forget Niven.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

KurganAU

<Gold Donor>
The Cinema Spot must be newbies, he'll be the 8th Bond. They think they are smart for counting Lazenby but they always forget Niven.
giphy.gif

First thought was they will only get a couple of films out of him due to his age, but it seems in line with other picks.

2020 Tom Hardy 43

2006 Daniel Craig 38

1995 Pierce Brosnan 42

1987 Timothy Dalton 41

1973 Roger Moore 45

1969 George Lazenby 30

1962 Sean Connery 32

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Did you see The Last Jedi, Star Trek Discovery or Picard, or listen to any reviews about them? They don't care about silly things like "book lore" or "lore from movies only boomers like", they only care about what they want to sell. Even if it wasn't an obscure bit of nerdology I still wouldn't expect filmmakers nowadays to respect, give a shit about, or even bother to research the lore.

Or they will just have M say; "Rules be damned, you're 007 now and that's all there is to it. Tea and biscuits anyone?".

Stop living in denial, black female 007 is coming and there is nothing that can stop it.

I think we need a support group.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Did you see The Last Jedi, Star Trek Discovery or Picard, or listen to any reviews about them? They don't care about silly things like "book lore" or "lore from movies only boomers like", they only care about what they want to sell. Even if it wasn't an obscure bit of nerdology I still wouldn't expect filmmakers nowadays to respect, give a shit about, or even bother to research the lore.

Or they will just have M say; "Rules be damned, you're 007 now and that's all there is to it. Tea and biscuits anyone?".

Stop living in denial, black female 007 is coming and there is nothing that can stop it.

I think we need a support group.
they can say that, but people who do care about an agent's unique ID# being give away when they can have their own unique ID# wont be impressed. hey i decided that TBT-The Big Toe user name will now be gifted to Teekey.

• 1Great Review
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
they can say that, but people who do care about an agent's unique ID# being give away when they can have their own unique ID# wont be impressed. hey i decided that TBT-The Big Toe user name will now be gifted to Teekey.
pfft, he should be so lucky.

• 1Worf

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
If they did the whole "woke society infiltrates MI6 and it has to be taken back", I maaaay be OK with that.

007 is their best agent for the most critical, "mission impossible" operatives. Whoever that may be at the time.

Fuck, might as well make it an American and put Tom Cruise in the role at this point.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
If they did the whole "woke society infiltrates MI6 and it has to be taken back", I maaaay be OK with that.

007 is their best agent for the most critical, "mission impossible" operatives. Whoever that may be at the time.

Fuck, might as well make it an American and put Tom Cruise in the role at this point.
that would irritate me too. James Bond is a straight white charismatic Brit who loves pussy and killing bad guys. his unique code is 007.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
I'd be pretty surprised if they give the job to Tom Hardy, he'd be ~46 by the time the first movie of his comes out, which would make him the oldest bond at his start, especially when one of the stated reasons they didn't go with Idris Elba when Craig retired the last time was that Elba was already too old to start, and Elba's first movie would have come out when he was in his mid 40s.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Let's go register klingonreporter and we can invent the next Bond villain. Who am i kidding I don't even need to check that site is already taken.