Nobody (2021)

Goatface

3.67 star(s) Rating: 3.67/5 3 Votes
Title: Nobody (2021)

Tagline: Never underestimate a nobody

Genre: Action, Thriller, Crime

Director: Ilya Naishuller

Cast: Bob Odenkirk, Christopher Lloyd, Connie Nielsen, J.P. Manoux, Humberly Gonzalez, Gage Munroe, Stephanie Sy, Kristen Harris, Paul Essiembre, Araya Mengesha, Destini Boldt, Erik Athavale, Boris Gulyarin, Neven Pajkic, Megan Best, Sharon Bajer, Frederick Allen, Paisley Cadorath, Jim Kirby, Daniel Bernhardt, Alain Moussi, RZA

Release: 2021-04-01

Runtime: 92

Plot: Hutch Mansell, a suburban dad, overlooked husband, nothing neighbor — a "nobody." When two thieves break into his home one night, Hutch's unknown long-simmering rage is ignited and propels him on a brutal path that will uncover dark secrets he fought to leave behind.

Goatface

could have sworn there was already a thread about this, but couldn't find it, release just got pushed 2 months to april

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This looks pretty awful. But it has Christopher Lloyd so Ill probably watch it.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
You think this looks awful? Looks pretty fun to me. John Wick meets Falling Down.

Though I feel like they showed us the entire movie in that trailer. What the fuck is with trailers these days? 3 minutes long?

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I have to say I have a soft place in my heart for soft-spoken, understated, underdog-seeming guys being secret badasses and coming out of their shell. It was at least a little part of the charm of the Wick movies, and as this is an outgrowth of THAT, I have to say I want to see this.

Sometimes you want to watch the English Patient. Sometimes you want to watch the Predator, you know what I'm saying?

1611727952890.png

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I have to say I have a soft place in my heart for soft-spoken, understated, underdog-seeming guys being secret badasses and coming out of their shell.
Problem is when these hollywood douche bags are anything but. Nothing more eye rolling than the stereotypical hollywood cunt who tells you how bad guns are play some gunslinging punisher type character.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
So this is less cool John Wick>?

This is middle aged dad bod John Wick.

Or as was said.. John Wick meets Falling Down, with what looks like a little dash of Taken on the side.

It will be cheesy, probably cringeworthy in a few places, and it will probably also be the first thing I go into a theater to watch since the Rona hit.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
This is middle aged dad bod John Wick.

Or as was said.. John Wick meets Falling Down, with what looks like a little dash of Taken on the side.

It will be cheesy, probably cringeworthy in a few places, and it will probably also be the first thing I go into a theater to watch since the Rona hit.

a 25 percent John wick is still 75 percent better than anything Else the squad had diversity driven out

• 1Like

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
a 25 percent John wick is still 75 percent better than anything Else the squad had diversity driven out

Just saw it tonight. It's pretty much what you'd expect. Starts off at about 80% of John Wick with some but then gets a little ridiculous towards the end. Maybe down to 50% of the goodness of John Wick.

Odenkirk does not do quite as much action as Keanu in this, but what's there is good and his acting is a notch above Keanu's.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, it was ok. Odenkirk is kind of a dick though, think John Wick if his wife lived and they had a happy marriage and then he started shit with the russians coz he was bored.

The choreography is also pretty pedestrian in comparison.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I agree with you on the choreography, with the exception of the bus fight scene early on. That was pretty intense and brutal. They don't keep up that pace though.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I agree with you on the choreography, with the exception of the bus fight scene early on. That was pretty intense and brutal. They don't keep up that pace though.
The end of the bus fight with the straw had me all-in. Sadly, you're correct in that it doesn't really keep up with that level of brutality. Probably wouldn't have been able to pull of an R rating if it did, however.

Definitely enjoyable and I'd watch sequels, but not on the level of John Wick. It's John Wick, the Boomer version.

spronk

FPS noob
its out officially on streaming services today as well, 4k UHD on amazon, vudu, etc so should see good rips

Absolutely ridiculous pricing though, its $20 to RENT it to stream. Not buy, RENT. Not even clear how long you keep it or whatever. The fuck is this shit, makes it easy to pirate if you are gonna bullshit around

• 1Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database