Nobody (2021)

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Absolutely ridiculous pricing though, its $20 to RENT it to stream. Not buy, RENT. Not even clear how long you keep it or whatever. The fuck is this shit, makes it easy to pirate if you are gonna bullshit around
Thats how much a ticket to a movie costs, so kinda makes sense. Cheaper if you arent watching alone.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This had its good moments. The whole Kitty Kat Bracelet had me laughing.

"They took his daughter's bracelet?? Oh you FUCKED UP!!!!!!!........./laugh.

Its a fun enough movie but a little close to John Wick.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
B-. Fine popcorn flick. Was a little surprised they went with a montage instead of another action set piece in the later half of the movie.

Kiki

Log Wizard
Great movie, plenty of humor. Only problem was the 9mm they called a .45 while clearly showing a USP 9mm on the screen. Cmon. 8/10

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Great movie, plenty of humor. Only problem was the 9mm they called a .45 while clearly showing a USP 9mm on the screen. Cmon. 8/10

That scene was too in your face to have been anything but an unreliable narrator gag.

We really liked it. 8/10 feels about right.

• 1Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Watched this tonight. Really entertaining action flick. The storyline was not what i thought it was gonna be lol.

• 1Like

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
Awesome movie. Must watch. The action scenes are so outrageous that everyone was laughing in the theater.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
its out officially on streaming services today as well, 4k UHD on amazon, vudu, etc so should see good rips

Absolutely ridiculous pricing though, its $20 to RENT it to stream. Not buy, RENT. Not even clear how long you keep it or whatever. The fuck is this shit, makes it easy to pirate if you are gonna bullshit around

apparently you are not old enough to to remember when VHS dropped day 1 at 100 bucks.

I’m fine with a brand new theater film costing 20 to rent. Or you can wait a few weeks/months and watch it for 4 dollars.

I hope this alternate method keeps going in the future. Some films must be seen in a theater. But for your random comedies that don’t need a big screen I would love to spend the same theater cash to stay home for a date night.

Goatface

apparently you are not old enough to to remember when VHS dropped day 1 at 100 bucks.

I’m fine with a brand new theater film costing 20 to rent. Or you can wait a few weeks/months and watch it for 4 dollars.

remember one of friends had one of the first vhs players with a wired remote. he bought alien for like $90. that would be near $300 today.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I bought T2 judgement day for my birthday. 120 dollars. Or I should say my parents did. It was my birthday and Christmas wrapped into one. And I watched it every single day.

• 1Solidarity

Fadaar

That guy
I bought T2 judgement day for my birthday. 120 dollars. Or I should say my parents did. It was my birthday and Christmas wrapped into one. And I watched it every single day.

lols, poetic that T2 was the showcase movie (at least at the local Best Buy) when DVD was new

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob

I hope this alternate method keeps going in the future. Some films must be seen in a theater. But for your random comedies that don’t need a big screen I would love to spend the same theater cash to stay home for a date night.

you paid $50-100 for VHS, betamax, laser disc, whatever to own it forever. You didn't pay $20 to blockbuster to rent a movie for 2 weeks (well, unless you forgot to rewind and were hit with late fees I guess).

If they charged $20-30 to own Nobody forever I wouldn't really care, but $20 to rent it (for how long?) seems pretty lame. I don't mind too much, whatever format lets groups get web rips out in UHD format is fine with me, but I don't understand why they are renting at such high prices but not selling. I'd pay out $30 to buy Nobody, Godzilla vs Kong, Mortal Kombat, etc but I won't pay $20 to rent it for one or two watches.

• 1Solidarity

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
you paid $50-100 for VHS, betamax, laser disc, whatever to own it forever. You didn't pay $20 to blockbuster to rent a movie for 2 weeks (well, unless you forgot to rewind and were hit with late fees I guess).

If they charged $20-30 to own Nobody forever I wouldn't really care, but $20 to rent it (for how long?) seems pretty lame. I don't mind too much, whatever format lets groups get web rips out in UHD format is fine with me, but I don't understand why they are renting at such high prices but not selling. I'd pay out $30 to buy Nobody, Godzilla vs Kong, Mortal Kombat, etc but I won't pay $20 to rent it for one or two watches.
What do you expect the rental price to be for a movie that’s still in theaters?

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
What do you expect the rental price to be for a movie that’s still in theaters?

I'd say closer to actual theater prices. The movie isn't getting the popcorn and drink money anyway so why are we paying more? To help push up a sub service that is already making money in other ways? To help fuel the production company more? It makes little sense to charge the final DVD ownership price for a rental. It just helps the market screw stupid people.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'd say closer to actual theater prices. The movie isn't getting the popcorn and drink money anyway so why are we paying more? To help push up a sub service that is already making money in other ways? To help fuel the production company more? It makes little sense to charge the final DVD ownership price for a rental. It just helps the market screw stupid people.
A ticket costs $10+. If you have two people watching it’s movie theater prices, more than that and it’s a deal.

Goatface

$20 to rent it (for how long?) .....but I won't pay $20 to rent it for one or two watches.
48 hours once you start watching it, 1 device at a time. can watch on other devices afterwards for the remainder of the 48 hours.

=
$20 isn't a bad price, if it was 1st week. Nobody was end of week 3. it should have been $10.

• 1Solidarity

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
A ticket costs $10+. If you have two people watching it’s movie theater prices, more than that and it’s a deal.

Not really. Part of going to a theater is the experience you can't make at home. With this deal. you pay for everything to provide the enjoyment except the actual ticket. Or just like every other rental except you are paying a lot more. Go ahead, lick up that deal.