Nobody (2021)

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Watched it last night, it was quite good. I really liked the people who got scared of him when they realized who he was. Especially the vet when he saw the 7-2 offsuit tattoo. There's a lot of unexplained shit in this movie like that tattoo. I'm still not 100% sure how much the wife knew of his former life. She patched his ass up just like it was old times, but at the end he acted like she was in the dark. I'm hoping for more of these movies including a prequel.

There were probably 3 or 4 things we belly laughed at just because they were so unexpected. Like him stealing the picture. My wife says it was a van goh. That was slightly funnier when I thought it was done by a child.

That scene was too in your face to have been anything but an unreliable narrator gag.

We really liked it. 8/10 feels about right.

My wife caught that and I didn't. But we decided it was an intentional gag. If his audience hadn't died on him maybe he would have corrected it.

Remember when a movie was like a cheap date idea. Now its more expensive than going to a restaurant.

When I was a kid, the expensive theater cost $5 a ticket. 20 years later we went back for nostalgia and it was still $5 a ticket. It was the shittiest theater I've ever seen. Some rows of seats were actually taped off with an out of order sign. How the fuck can a row of theater seats be out of order?

Yeah. It starts out great and trails off like that. And to be perfectly honest I didn't even recognize that as Christopher Lloyd. Hell, I barely knew he was still alive, let alone still working.

Holy shit, I thought that was Abe Vigoda. I was very confused because I thought Abe died a few years back. Anyway, he had the best line.
Hutch: You brought a lot of shotguns
Dad: Yeah well you brought a lot of assholes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
dolby atmos soundbar

lol. Yes, tell me more how a soundbar can replicate seven speakers positioned in front, behind and aboove you. Let alone how a "basic" one performs

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
lol. Yes, tell me more how a soundbar can replicate seven speakers positioned in front, behind and aboove you. Let alone how a "basic" one performs
well i got the distinct wireless backspeakers b/c they didn't sound as good

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nice movie.

Michael Ironside got pretty fat though, almost didn't recognize him. The only thing reminescent of his old self (no pun intended) is the distinct voice.

• 1Like

Caliane

Caught this. didnt love it. its no john wick.

Too much of the movie depends on the bad guys being morons. like, his plans seem to depend on them making poor choices.

the bad guys drive up to his house. like 15 cars in plain sight. he just happens to see them drive up out the window. dumb luck. then they come in stealth like, after having blown any cover driving up 15 cars... what? thats two separate tactics. either all in, or stealth. not stealth after going all in..

how did he get into the club? no cameras? beat up or pay off the doorman? wick SHOWED how he gets in. food takes like 30 minutes to cook. did he carry the shaped charge in, in full view the entire time? did he hide it after sitting down? his plan apparently depended on the goons not shooting first and asking questions later. nevermind them all surrounding him with crossfire.. they let him walk out. walk across the street. get in his car slowly. and start to drive away. what were the doing for the 2 minutes?
its a shaped charge. directional. the ceiling would take most of the hit. any 10ft away would have been pretty ok in the first place. it wasnt a grenade, or bomb vest. not shrapnel or fragmentation.
muscle cars are great, but shit for car chases. any hit and they would spin out. rear wheel drive means they rear tires can be shot out. the unload o the car with automatic weapons. he doesnt get hit. engine doesnt get hit. tires don't get hit..

refrigerator door can't stop bullets...
on and on. had more, but lost track while typing..

wick does a much better job with its magical etiquette. it sets up behavior on why the bad guys don't shoot first. This doesn't so make them look like retards. Also, Wick does a better job with making Wick seem to take precautions. Wick seems like hes trying to not get shot. thats not the case here.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Caught this. didnt love it. its no john wick.

Too much of the movie depends on the bad guys being morons. like, his plans seem to depend on them making poor choices.

the bad guys drive up to his house. like 15 cars in plain sight. he just happens to see them drive up out the window. dumb luck. then they come in stealth like, after having blown any cover driving up 15 cars... what? thats two separate tactics. either all in, or stealth. not stealth after going all in..

how did he get into the club? no cameras? beat up or pay off the doorman? wick SHOWED how he gets in. food takes like 30 minutes to cook. did he carry the shaped charge in, in full view the entire time? did he hide it after sitting down? his plan apparently depended on the goons not shooting first and asking questions later. nevermind them all surrounding him with crossfire.. they let him walk out. walk across the street. get in his car slowly. and start to drive away. what were the doing for the 2 minutes?
its a shaped charge. directional. the ceiling would take most of the hit. any 10ft away would have been pretty ok in the first place. it wasnt a grenade, or bomb vest. not shrapnel or fragmentation.
muscle cars are great, but shit for car chases. any hit and they would spin out. rear wheel drive means they rear tires can be shot out. the unload o the car with automatic weapons. he doesnt get hit. engine doesnt get hit. tires don't get hit..

refrigerator door can't stop bullets...
on and on. had more, but lost track while typing..

wick does a much better job with its magical etiquette. it sets up behavior on why the bad guys don't shoot first. This doesn't so make them look like retards. Also, Wick does a better job with making Wick seem to take precautions. Wick seems like hes trying to not get shot. thats not the case here.

Wick is the same thing. Retarded Rambo shit for the 21st century. You just have to check your brain out for both movies. Wick is like the 70 IQ retard talking down his 60 IQ cousin. Both are completely ridiculous.

• 1Solidarity

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Wick is the same thing. Retarded Rambo shit for the 21st century. You just have to check your brain out for both movies. Wick is like the 70 IQ retard talking down his 60 IQ cousin. Both are completely ridiculous.
Keano/Directors are on a way different page