Nope (2022)

Cybsled

All of the stuff with the chimp in "Nope" doesn't really feel like it has any relation to the main story of the movie. It's just these weird clips where a nice white middle-class mayberry family is raising a chimp, and everything's all nice and happy, then eventually the chimp flips out and kills everybody

I just saw it as foreshadowing, considering what happens later

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Some others were saying the theme was more how people capitalize on tragedies for entertainment.

• 2Like

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Some others were saying the theme was more how people capitalize on tragedies for entertainment.

its that, its also just a direct allegory to the creature and the father saying "Some animals just won't be tamed", and then, from that, Jupe thinking that monster had a connection with him, just like the chimp did, when in reality, neither really did, they are wild creatures who wanna eat.

• 2Like

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Saw this yesterday.

Best movie I’ve seen in a theatre since No Way Home and best movie I’ve seen in a long time not based on an existing IP.

Great acting all around, cinematography and camera work was excellent and a story that held my attention the whole way through.

I admit I was apprehensive that there would be some woke message, but I didn’t notice it if there was. There’s a minor point about how the main characters are the premier “black owned” horse ranch in the entertainment industry, but no one really carries a chip on their shoulder about it beyond it being a sales pitch.

The reveal of the UFO being the alien itself and not a vehicle was great.

In regards to the chimp subplot: yeah that’s basically an allegory for how you can’t hope to control a wild animal/predator. Steven Yeuns character learns this the hard way.

the scene that shows what happens to the people who are abducted was intense

Excellent film. Easy 8/10 for me, possibly a 9

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
He's half-Jewish, isn't he? Which is probably why he grew up rich in an upper-class neighborhood.

And yeah, there's something really dark about Peele. He's definitely got some issues going on. I've been a fan of his for a long time and it's obvious just from looking at him, going back to Key & Peele.
Ahh yes, the black Jew~

I love all the Black Hebrew Israelites who think they are the actual Jews from the Bible... that Jesus was black, and that the white man (literally all of us) are created by the Devil to oppress them.

Regarding Peele though... I don't follow his personal life. He and Key had some really good/funny skits, I -somewhat- enjoyed his Twilight Zone episodes (hate their woke dialed to 11 status though), and thought Get Out was fucking crazy... only a true psycho with massive race issues could create that story in their creative head. So I have 0 clue if he was "Jewish" or anything else about him, really. I just know he's tormented about his skin, agreed.

Lastly, I am STILL lost on the high seas regarding this film. Sextant plz. I want to check it out but it's not really worth $14 to me... maybe 14¢.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Saw this yesterday.

Best movie I’ve seen in a theatre since No Way Home and best movie I’ve seen in a long time not based on an existing IP.

Great acting all around, cinematography and camera work was excellent and a story that held my attention the whole way through.

I admit I was apprehensive that there would be some woke message, but I didn’t notice it if there was. There’s a minor point about how the main characters are the premier “black owned” horse ranch in the entertainment industry, but no one really carries a chip on their shoulder about it beyond it being a sales pitch.

Excellent film. Easy 8/10 for me, possibly a 9

question about what you thought about the ending. i haven't seen the movie, not a big horror fan but my brother is and he told me the story and it does sound sorta interesting. I'll probably watch at home when its out, should be on VOD first week of Sept. Ironically I had free tix to the IMAX screening on sunday but completely forgot.

He said they killed the alien by blowing up with a balloon that looked like a person with eyes or something, I guess the alien only attacks if you look at it? weird lol

anyways wouldn't the movie have been a LOT better if the alien gets away, and then a few days later people start reporting weird unmoving clouds all around the world? Like it completes the message, "Man is not always in control, sometimes we come across things that fuck us up". A bit of a Quiet Place, Outer Limits, Twilight Zone sorta vibe.

Having the good guys kill the single predator alien and win just seems weird, is it basically a homage to Alien, Predator, Terminator, etc?

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
question about what you thought about the ending. i haven't seen the movie, not a big horror fan but my brother is and he told me the story and it does sound sorta interesting. I'll probably watch at home when its out, should be on VOD first week of Sept. Ironically I had free tix to the IMAX screening on sunday but completely forgot.

He said they killed the alien by blowing up with a balloon that looked like a person with eyes or something, I guess the alien only attacks if you look at it? weird lol

anyways wouldn't the movie have been a LOT better if the alien gets away, and then a few days later people start reporting weird unmoving clouds all around the world? Like it completes the message, "Man is not always in control, sometimes we come across things that fuck us up". A bit of a Quiet Place, Outer Limits, Twilight Zone sorta vibe.

Having the good guys kill the single predator alien and win just seems weird, is it basically a homage to Alien, Predator, Terminator, etc?

Movie was fantastic. The ending was really well done. Without spoiling anything, towards the end, the alien is marvelous looking on screen.

God damn, that scene when its ... raining on the house.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider

Honestly, if anything, I’d say the movie is most similar to
Jaws

• 3Like

Szlia

Jaws, if the main protagonists wanted to take a picture of it to get an award from National Geographic....

The fact it's impossible to empathize with the main characters really hurt the movie for me. It's also a bit slow and repetitive, which does not help. There are a lot of original visual and plot ideas that lead to great sequences though and as a whole it is solidly executed (I have not seen his previous movies).

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Wow, what a dumb fucking movie. Accurate title would have been When Bed Sheets Attack. I mean...the fucking alien is a giant flying bed sheet.

• 2Garbage
  • 1Like

Grez

Molten Core Raider
GF giving me the choice between this and Maverick. Which should I choose? I love horror and sci-fi and strange shit. Not all into the WHEEE PLANES ZOOM ZOOM BOOM BOOM shit. Still if maverick is like a billion times better, I'll choose that..

• 1Cringe
  • 1Worf

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
GF giving me the choice between this and Maverick. Which should I choose? I love horror and sci-fi and strange shit. Not all into the WHEEE PLANES ZOOM ZOOM BOOM BOOM shit. Still if maverick is like a billion times better, I'll choose that..
American or amerikwan. Pick your propaganda.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Maverick. Duh.

• 2Like

Szlia

There certainly is more horror, sci-fi and strange shit in Nope while what Maverick has going for it is nostalgia and planes. If you don't care about planes, there is not much of a movie left.

• 1Like

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Took my mom to see this a couple days ago. She liked it but thought it does move slow.

Also, props to Jordan Peele for including this song in the film, it’s really good.

• 1Cringe

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I am 39m29s in and this is boring and slow as shit. Your average weight loss thread poster moves faster than this

• 1Salty
  • 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
needed a serious trim. i quit by the end. it just left me feeling pissed off at how unjustifiably long it is for what it is.

overall disgusted. 2h 10m yikes

• 1Salty

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
needed a serious trim. i quit by the end. it just left me feeling pissed off at how unjustifiably long it is for what it is.

overall disgusted. 2h 10m yikes

I just turned it off after 39m39s.

• 1Great Review