Nope (2022)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I was gonna give this a go, but this made me actually nope.

With 35 to 40 minutes left my friend asked "time?"

I said 30, and that's about what belongs cut from the movie. The shit is bulky and drawn out for what it is. The pace is a chore. At the end I just shut it off and did stuff on my phone.

More importantly, it's not "must-see" by any means.

People have been way too kind in this thread-- talking like this is Inception or something worth the runtime lol.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
With 35 to 40 minutes left my friend asked "time?"

I said 30, and that's about what belongs cut from the movie. The shit is bulky and drawn out for what it is. The pace is a chore. At the end I just shut it off and did stuff on my phone.

More importantly, it's not "must-see" by any means.

People have been way too kind in this thread-- talking like this is Inception or something worth the runtime lol.

It doesn't help that the main character seems to stand still in every shot. He walks with the urgency of someone taking their dog to get euthanised.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It doesn't help that the main character seems to stand still in every shot. He walks with the urgency of someone taking their dog to get euthanised.

Yea I forgot there is an actual character who's job it is to remind the viewer that this is unnecessarily long-- each step he takes and every second he's on camera.

The Morrigan

Potato del Grande
Boring. Jordan Peele's movies are going in the wrong direction.

The main dude seemed to not even want to be in the movie. Though he wasn't given much to work with.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Kaluuya has the charisma of a toilet bowl.

Literally one of the worse movies ive ever tried to watch. I had to just shut it off. I tried skipping ahead to plow through to the end so I can just see the alien and....wow. soooooo BAD.

Even the chimp stuff wasnt that interesting. They tried to use a shoe to attach a sense of mystique to the event instead of leaning into the horror of what was happening. Im done with Peele.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
This was boring as fuck. That lead dude is someone's movies I will avoid probably. Not that he can't act, he's just...there. Not sure why Peele keeps casting him.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Well done and a pretty damn original premise. Some genuinely funny moments and looks superb.

A bit long though and a couple of questionable plot decisions. Worth streaming for sure. 3.5 / 5. 👍

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Dislike

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
I thought this movie was terrible. Stopped watching it with about 25 minutes to go. Maybe there was a good movie in there somewhere but I hated the disjointed editing and some of the unbearably annoying characters. I didn't think the main premise of the movie was that original or interesting either. I rarely stop watching movies so it really didn't appeal to me. I've liked his other movies a lot so this was a real disappointment. Not worth streaming imo.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Brikker

Trump's Staff
It was okay in the beginning. Went completely shitty when they did thr "space animal!!!" thing.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fuckin thing sucked.

Jordan Peele is a skilled film maker, but holy fuck, his writing and ideas are abominable.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Watched this, and it was fine. I'm not sure if I enjoyed it, but I didn't hate myself for watching it. Probably enjoyed the shots of the horses, the ranch, the clouds, and the Fry's Electronics the most (lol). Spooking the "being", in the same way spooking the Chimp & horses, was clever enough. At one point, I thought it was going to take a massive turn, in what ended up being the Asian kids fucking with him.

Someone made the comparison between Stephen King and Peele, which I believe is spot on. Interesting premises, and just whatever execution at times. Plus, they'e both losers when voicing public opinions. That aside, I'd still much rather watch something like this even if it doesn't completely work, than some capeshit like Black Adam or Wonder Woman.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This is on Prime for free. Got weird as fuck in the middle.

• 1Like

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
yeah, I caught this on prime the other day.

I loved the alien design, and much of it... but the pacing, and editing... not so much. and I think the script could have used some touch ups.

The gordie stuff. I feel like there had to be a better way to handle that. show it all up front? Random flashbacks didn't work for me at all.
reveal that rodeo kid knew about it all along, and was feeding it for show? way too quick. how long had he been doing this? how many visitors saw? and what, didn't tell anyone? Poor mary jo.

disjointed ending/restart with them running away. then, suddenly the film guy showing up. and there being 30 more minutes to the movie. Film guy inexplicable suicide.

not looking at it, was dumb. does it freak out when insects look at it? birds? reacting to the balloon like a threat or mate made alot of sense. Although I question if an interplanetary creature would explode from helium decompression. vacuum of space an all..

Overall behavior was not as "animal like" as I would expect. Watch birds of prey, or fishers. neither really act like it was with prey.

60 people vanishing from the rodeo would have had a whole hell of alot bigger response from the police, feds, nation as a whole. shit would have been a massive media circus for months.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
I thought this was an ok movie, and a solid "horror" movie. The best part about Jordan Peele's movies is that they are not fucking remakes. I love the fact that I don't know what is going to happen in them.

• 1Solidarity

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This might be one of the worst movies I’ve ever seen. Me and my girlfriend were so bored. Literally nothing happens at all except a giant sand dollar flying around sucking up people. I have no idea why this was rated so highly or people calling it scary.

• 2Like

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
The premise for this was cool, and I like the backstory stuff about the TV show, but jesus christ they need to stop adding so much empty filler to movies. They'll drag a scene forever to build suspense, but by the time the punchline comes you've already forgotten the joke. Easily could have been half an hour shorter.