North Korea goes full retard

Karloff_sl

shitlord
Of course they are fine we made them part of our economic system for globalization, we control them through our oil, All the Alaskan pipeline oil goes directly to Japan America doesn't use any of it, Remember japan went to war in WWII to start an empire, they wanted access to oil and we provoked japan into war by revoking our sales of oil to japan. We made Japan was for a long time a equivilent to a vassel state.
WTF do you even have a clue, most of the crude that goes through the pipeline is sent to American refineries and can't be exported under law since 2004, and previously from 96 to 04 only about 10% of the total in those years was exported to the Far East. Alex jones has failed you.

http://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.cfm?id=35&t=6

iannis

Musty Nester
Maybe I'm alone in this, but I'm pro just nuking the shit out of the north korean DMZ line then just driving right into North Korea and ending this. They're far too dangerous with a nuclear arsenal and their concentration camps are just disgusting. The fact that the world has let this go on as long as it is just ridiculous. I don't even think China would object to some sort of military intervention at this point.
They'd object to American military intervention. Shit, Americans would object to American intervention.

You gotta ask who's gonna do it. If the impetus is humanitarian / regional stability (and that's the only acceptable impetus) you're looking at at least 10 years of foreign occupation for there to even be a hope of making their (and by extension, our) situation better. Forget Vietman. Think Iraq.

Who's gonna sign up for that?

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Maybe I'm alone in this, but I'm pro just nuking the shit out of the north korean DMZ line then just driving right into North Korea and ending this. They're far too dangerous with a nuclear arsenal and their concentration camps are just disgusting.
Define dangerous and disgusting please

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Reminder: North Korea has enough artillery heavily fortified on their side of the border to shell Seoul flat in about two hours. They don'tneedto nuke anyone if all they want is a blaze of glory. This is their typical sabre-waving, triggered this time by the fact that China is beginning to get tired of them and is going to side with the US in the next round of sanctions.

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Define dangerous and disgusting please
The fact that they're willing to let millions starve to maintain their iron grip over a nation? They lock up families for the acts of a single member, for decades at a time.. not even immediate.. you, your cousins your relatives.. everyone gets locked up. There are children who never know what it is to live outside a concentration camp, they will literally live and die there. Inside those camps they use people for human experimentation, anything from live dissections to chemical weapon tests. They guards use the woman as sex slaves and will commonly make said sex slaves disappear if they become pregnant. So now that we have the disgusting part out of the way..

What makes them dangerous? Unprovoked shellings of south korea, the torpedoing of a south korean navy ship.. now they've ended the armistice between it and south korea, essentially saying they're at war. They have a crude nuclear arsenal they use a deterrent, but as things become more desperate are more than likely going to start selling off the technology to other nations, they already do this with their missile technology and Iran. They also have what is considered the world's largest collection of artillery pointed at one of the most populous cities in the world and they no longer listen to anyone.

The North Korean DMZ is a series of hardened positions that contain weapons trained at south korean civilian cities as a deterrence. Destroying what is a military target with nuclear weapons that will destroy hardened positions to protect civilian populations south of the border and ideally lead to a quicker resolution in the conflict is a fair trade off. I'd rather see nuclear weapons be used against a military target than millions of innocent people die due to the personality cult of a lunatic.

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Reminder: North Korea has enough artillery heavily fortified on their side of the border to shell Seoul flat in about two hours. They don'tneedto nuke anyone if all they want is a blaze of glory. This is their typical sabre-waving, triggered this time by the fact that China is beginning to get tired of them and is going to side with the US in the next round of sanctions.
China and the US crafted the latest sanctions that brought about the end of the armistice. China is done with them, but more than likely when they call no one in North Korea is picking up anymore.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The fact that they're willing to let millions starve to maintain their iron grip over a nation? They lock up families for the acts of a single member, for decades at a time.. not even immediate.. you, your cousins your relatives.. everyone gets locked up. There are children who never know what it is to live outside a concentration camp, they will literally live and die there. Inside those camps they use people for human experimentation, anything from live dissections to chemical weapon tests. They guards use the woman as sex slaves and will commonly make said sex slaves disappear if they become pregnant. So now that we have the disgusting part out of the way..
man I really hoped you'd respond with "uses nukes first".

And seriously, so you'd think these people are better off dead?

You attack NK with nukes, millions will die.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Trapped in Randomonia>
The trouble is, if this is posturing, it's just going to result in further sanctions, including sanctions from China and Russia. That's going to hurt the civilian population. Badly.

If it isn't posturing, and if they do end up attacking, it will result in the world stomping on them, forcibly removing their leader, destroying their infrastructure, and pushing the country back another 50 years.

However this works out, the people of North Korea are going to suffer, and that's just terrible.

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
man I really hoped you'd respond with "uses nukes first".

And seriously, so you'd think these people are better off dead?

You attack NK with nukes, millions will die.
Nuke the DMZ zone, I'm not saying carpet bomb north korea with nukes and destroy all of it's cities. I'm advocating using nuclear weapons to the current threat they pose to south korea via their artillery positions with the best weapons possible for destroying hardened targets.

thunderbunny_sl

shitlord
The trouble is, if this is posturing, it's just going to result in further sanctions, including sanctions from China and Russia. That's going to hurt the civilian population. Badly.
So from what I've read about these latest sanctions "the resolution bans all nations from exporting expensive jewelry, yachts, luxury automobiles and racing cars to the North" (I'd love to post the original text of the resolution but un.org is a piece of shit site and won't load). So if further sanctions are going to follow this model I have a hard time seeing how the civilian population will ever feel their impact. More likely than not Mr. Un is trying to test the waters with a new Secretary of State in the US, new leadership in China and South Korea while at the same time profiling himself as defender of the people in North Korea.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Maybe Im going all Fringe here, but Im sure the US and China have all their artillery hotspots all mapped out with satellite imagery. And we could essentially render their entire arsenal useless within a matter of hours before they even know how to react.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Maybe Im going all Fringe here, but Im sure the US and China have all their artillery hotspots all mapped out with satellite imagery. And we could essentially render their entire arsenal useless within a matter of hours before they even know how to react.
I'm no expert but I don't think this is correct. A few months ago I read an article describing why the US can't simply neutralize their artillery positions, but it largely has to do with:
1. That we don't have them all mapped out.
2. That Seoul is so close to the border it's hard to neutralize all targets (known and unknown) before severe loss of life in SK occurs.
3. They have so much artillery in hardened locations that it'd be very difficult to use enough ordinance to neutralize it.

This thread describes it very well:
http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...es!-%282009%29

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gaming Ghost>
I feel the same way, one bomber run with several hundred planes pouring napalm/cluster bombs over the portion of the DMZ next to Seoul and there will barely be a NK soldier left to operate one of those howitzers. Thats the #1 threat being neutralized in few hours.

Even though they have one of the largest standing armies numerically wise, lets not forget that they are operating 1950s military equipment for the most part. If you want to see how that worked for the last guy in modern times see Hussein, Saddam.

I'm no expert but I don't think this is correct. A few months ago I read an article describing why the US can't simply neutralize their artillery positions, but it largely has to do with:
1. That we don't have them all mapped out.
2. That Seoul is so close to the border it's hard to neutralize all targets (known and unknown) before severe loss of life in SK occurs.
3. They have so much artillery in hardened locations that it'd be very difficult to use enough ordinance to neutralize it.

I read the same thing. Frankly I have a hard time believing that we cant root out a bunch of midgets operating 60 year old cannons.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Trapped in Randomonia>
So from what I've read about these latest sanctions "the resolution bans all nations from exporting expensive jewelry, yachts, luxury automobiles and racing cars to the North" (I'd love to post the original text of the resolution but un.org is a piece of shit site and won't load). So if further sanctions are going to follow this model I have a hard time seeing how the civilian population will ever feel their impact. More likely than not Mr. Un is trying to test the waters with a new Secretary of State in the US, new leadership in China and South Korea while at the same time profiling himself as defender of the people in North Korea.
Yes, the sanctions have been limited to things that will more affect the leadership than the general populationthus far. But imagine what happens if they keep this shit up? You know some basic necessities are going to get sanctioned before long. This move will hurt the population in general.

Very true. And then they'll deploy ground forces we'll never be able to find. It's going to be messy.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
NK would be able to fire off an initial salvo but counter battery radar means that each gun only fires once and then its destroyed by SK arty. Though you really have to question the state of their equipment, its easy to make something look functional but I wonder how many of their guns really work and if they even have the ammunition/manpower to utilize working guns.