North Korea goes full retard

satael

Silver Squire
If you believe in something long enough it will become real. It doesn't make it real, it just becomes of method of acceptance where you know nothing else, and you become it, with every last part of you. It will become all you know, and the thought of what is truly real is alien and foreign, and will never cross your mind again.
Just look at how many different religions and cults there are that claim their version of god is the only true version (and how many people believe in those cults/religions). If the cult/religion is all around you for every day of your life from the moment you were born it's going to be really hard both intellectually and socially to deny the cult and pretty much everyone you know (who still believe).

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
I always found this image interesting.
rrr_img_19317.jpg

rrr_img_19317.jpg

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
They probably say that because so far it has gotten them lots of free stuff every time they have rattled their sabre. The problem for them is that it seems the world is ready to call their bluff.
I click on this NK thread for the first time since its creation and I scroll to the end and I read my own exact summary distilled to one sentence and I think, "Well this thread is pretty much handled looks like."

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Seoul's location doesnt really matter to be honest. If there was any type of war since the DMZ was created it being a few hundred more miles south would make virtually no difference. It would be of SOME difference if say, the main city was on the southern tip of the peninsula as it would have direct access to the sea, but other than that DPRK's ballistics would reach it regardless. Obviously boots on the ground situation would be different but if NK troops somehow breached the DMZ and got that far to begin with, then they are fucked any way.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Seoul's location doesnt really matter to be honest. If there was any type of war since the DMZ was created it being a few hundred more miles south would make virtually no difference. It would be of SOME difference if say, the main city was on the southern tip of the peninsula as it would have direct access to the sea, but other than that DPRK's ballistics would reach it regardless. Obviously boots on the ground situation would be different but if NK troops somehow breached the DMZ and got that far to begin with, then they are fucked any way.
The distance is a massive factor for a land invasion. If they can catch the south off guard, which may be quite likely, as it is hypothesized that they have plenty of tunnels that are yet undiscovered, the distance is the prime factor in whether or not they reach the city before SK and American forces can mobilize. Even 50 miles would make a massive difference

Oldbased

> Than U
I think this has progressed a bit beyond the usual oh NK has made some more stupid comments.
How long will it take to get the naval forces on way in place for the upcoming toaster strike?

khalid

Unelected Mod
The United States will not accept North Korea as a "nuclear state," Secretary of State John Kerry told reporters Tuesday.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/02/world/...ons/index.html

I like that they are taking a tough stance, we shouldn't just do nothing while we are threatened, but I think the ship has already sailed on NK being a nuclear state. I just can't really see the US being willing to bomb the reactor or something, which is the only real way to stop them.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I love that somebody "well actually"-d this joke.

thunderbunny_sl

shitlord
Increasingly that's very true from their perspective,
how many countries with nuclear weapons have been invaded during the period they had nuclear weapons?
vs how many countries have been invaded since 1945 that don't have nuclear weapons.
If NK got invaded they would likely be better off in a very short amount of time than they are now.