Note Millie

Duppin_sl

shitlord
BembianEQ said:
Things get out of hand quickly. One person jokingly references Millie"s cock in a thread, 6 people who don"t know how touchy the subject was ask "lolcockwut?", and everyone gets banned and deleted.

The only person who is missed and even noticed is person A. Everyone else is lost to time. THAT is why it was fucked up.
Fair enough, although I still don"t know how you"d spend any amount of time on these forums and not know that it was a subject to be avoided. Was it all brand-new people, or what?

Any user who"d been around for a while likely knew exactly what they were getting into if they posted "lolcockwut?" and I can"t summon much sympathy for them.

It just seems to me that anyone with enough of a sense of self-preservation to be able to cross the street without getting run over by a semi would stay on the sidelines.

Still, in the situations where that happened, I can see why people would be pissed. Did any of those bans/deletions get reversed later?

Hatorade said:
Duppin if you try and make a counter point to that I am going to get james to cock slap you.
Sorry, you"ll have to keep your cockslaps for youself, I"m not much of a fan. While I"m sure there was some level of what Bembian mentions, it makes a lot more sense to me that there weren"t quite as many innocent victims as people in this thread are pretending there were.

Jubee_foh

shitlord
Jadn said:
Oh definitely. I have an account over there and when it first started I went there and posted for the first 6 months or so. I haven"t posted here because I had heard of the bannings of people who posted in both places and didn"t feel like getting this account deleted despite not posting much. But anyways, hoofshots has degenerated more and more into /b/ with slightly less utterly disgusting shit and significantly more inside jokes.
That site is just a collection of IRC logs and the same 3 gifs posted 100 times a thread anyway. Every thread devolved into one of the 5-6 regulars flaming anybody with a post count under 9000 after the first week. Then 4 pages of gif spam followed by a conversation where they all couldn"t figure out why they weren"t getting any new posters.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Zarcath said:
There"s some crazy shit in those logs. It"s like night and day from his posts, I don"t understand that level of crazy.
Yeah, this puzzles me too. It really is like a different person; all of Millie"s posts that I ever saw were how you"d expect a normal person to talk, but there"s a lot of weird shit in those internets.

Here"s a crazy theory; what if more than one person had access to the Millie account?

FoghornDeadhorn said:
AngryGerbil showed up at the guild forums like a wet pussy in the rain one day going "gee guys, I got banned at FoH, not totally sure what I did." I knew exactly what he had done; it wasn"t his fault that he didn"t know, you see, NO ONE COULD TALK ABOUT IT.
Well, that sucks. Still though, how didn"t he know? Despite the fact that open conversation about the topic was forbidden, the knowledge sure seemed to get around. I"m clearly much more on the periphery of the "cool crowd" than most of the people posting in this thread, and yet I knew what would happen if I posted something about THE TOPIC. So, I just...didn"t say anything about it.

Despite all the "cockslapping" and "faggot" and other fun things being slung my way, it"s not my intent to be confrontational, and I"ve already admitted a couple of times that there were definitely things I didn"t know about going on; but c"mon. Let"s not pretend that everybody who got banned for talking about THE TOPIC was caught totally unawares.

There were a lot of people who knew exactly what they were getting into, and from Requiem"s post earlier in the thread, all it really took to get reinstated in that case was a PM to him anyway.

BembianEQ_foh

shitlord
Duppin said:
Fair enough, although I still don"t know how you"d spend any amount of time on these forums and not know that it was a subject to be avoided. Was it all brand-new people, or what?

Any user who"d been around for a while likely knew exactly what they were getting into if they posted "lolcockwut?" and I can"t summon much sympathy for them.

It just seems to me that anyone with enough of a sense of self-preservation to be able to cross the street without getting run over by a semi would stay on the sidelines.

Still, in the situations where that happened, I can see why people would be pissed. Did any of those bans/deletions get reversed later?

Sorry, you"ll have to keep your cockslaps for youself, I"m not much of a fan. While I"m sure there was some level of what Bembian mentions, it makes a lot more sense to me that there weren"t quite as many innocent victims as people in this thread are pretending there were.
Are you forgetting just how closed-lipped and taboo this thing was at the beginning? If someone wasn"t reading the boards at the perfect time to see someone call him out majorly, there is a good chance they never noticed as those posts were promptly deleted. Any hour, of any day, if you posted something relating to this subject you could expect ban/delete promptly. I suppose this is what made Millie tolerable as a mod... he was always watching.

Imagine you"re a semi-regular and got brought to FoH through WoW. You start reading SS cause it isn"t /b/ and it is mildly entertaining. You mostly stay out of people"s way over there because there"s plenty of funny to go around as-is. One day a well known board member makes a post suggesting that the flamboyantly feminine mod who has multiple boards named after "her" has a cock.

Thats when the drama becomes too much to bear and people want in on the epic thread so they post a "wots all this then" not thinking much of it. They refresh the page to learn more and its not there. Their account isn"t there either. Its all gone.

Twobit_sl

shitlord
Duppin said:
Here"s a crazy theory; what if more than one person had access to the Millie account?
Here"s another; what if YOU are Millie? The lengths you seem to be going to excuse the behavior is disturbing. This whole thing is like the fucking crane technique... no can defense.

Yes, it"s a private forums.. people are here by privilege, not right. That still doesn"t make it okay to be batshit fucking psycho and try to erase all evidence of said insanity, especially when it causes undue strife and turmoil for average users and more importantly other mods and admins.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
BembianEQ said:
Are you forgetting just how closed-lipped and taboo this thing was at the beginning? If someone wasn"t reading the boards at the perfect time to see someone call him out majorly, there is a good chance they never noticed as those posts were promptly deleted. Any hour, of any day, if you posted something relating to this subject you could expect ban/delete promptly. I suppose this is what made Millie tolerable as a mod... he was always watching.

Imagine you"re a semi-regular and got brought to FoH through WoW. You start reading SS cause it isn"t /b/ and it is mildly entertaining. You mostly stay out of people"s way over there because there"s plenty of funny to go around as-is. One day a well known board member makes a post suggesting that the flamboyantly feminine mod who has multiple boards named after "her" has a cock.

Thats when the drama becomes too much to bear and people want in on the epic thread so they post a "wots all this then" not thinking much of it. They refresh the page to learn more and its not there. Their account isn"t there either. Its all gone.
I guess that makes sense; it just seems like this topic came up, well, ALL THE TIME, so I have a hard time imagining a scenario where you wouldn"t know if you"d been around for a while.

But your scenario is a plausible one, and if someone in that situation just posted "wait what?" or something similar and got banned, yeah, that sucks.

Now, if someone in that situation decided to pick up the ball and run with it, say by posting a picture of a cock photoshopped onto Millie"s face or something like that, then it starts to transition out of innocent victim territory, and that"s what I personally recall having seen happen most of the time. People deciding "hey, I"m going to take a crack at this too, it"ll make me MUCH MORE POPULAR ON THE INTERNET!"

Those are the folks that I have a little more of a tough time shedding too many tears for.

Zarniwoop_foh

shitlord
I feel like Dorothy after Toto pulled back the curtain, except the wizard was dressed in a furry suit and was beckoning me to come hither. yikes.

Apparently some of the people who Millie banned deserved to be banned -- OH MY GOD I DIDN"T REALIZE.

Admit it, Duppin: you had a crush on Millie and are having a hard time processing all of this.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Twobit Whore said:
Here"s another; what if YOU are Millie? The lengths you seem to be going to excuse the behavior is disturbing. This whole thing is like the fucking crane technique... no can defense.
If you want to think that, go to town; I will admit though, I am a guy!

I just think that along with some legitimate gripes, there"s some serious revisionist history going on here.

Look, the whole THING is sketchy; I"m not saying that even the bans of people who brought it up knowing full well what they were doing were necessarily justified.

But what seems to be happening now, since we"re no longer hearing any of the other side of the story, is that everyone is claiming to be an innocent victim of the evil, crazy mangina Millie, who didn"t know any better when they started photoshopping cocks everywhere, and woe is them.

Frankly, I"d have a lot more respect for people who would stand up and say "yep, I knowingly trolled the fuck out of Millie over this and got banned; holy shit it was funny and made me a screenshots legend!".

Anyway, at this point, there"s no way to really separate the fake protestations of innocence from the real ones, so I guess I"ll just let you all keep posting about what a fag I am while refusing to admit that maybe, just maybe, a few of the people who got banned over this knew exactly what was coming to them, and did it anyway.

Warrian

╰⋃╯ლ(´ڡ`ლ)
I"m starting to think Duppin is talking to himself in circles and so happens to click the "quote" button from time to time.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Warrian said:
I"m starting to think Duppin is talking to himself in circles and so happens to click the "quote" button from time to time.
It happens in the Rickshaw from time to time. Even I have done it once or twice.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
FoghornDeadhorn said:
Admit it, Duppin: you had a crush on Millie and are having a hard time processing all of this.
Wait, I thought IwasMillie! I"m so confused.

As far as me posting a lot, it"s called being home sick with the cold from hell, and being amused by this thread.

I keep saying "I see your point, and what you"re saying has some merit, but what about this?" and all I get back is "LOL FAG COCK U LUV MILLIE" like this was the wall of a bathroom stall in middle school.

Maybe I"ll switch gears, join in on the "lol millie was the worst thing ever!" bandwagon that is this thread and try to farm some +internets, but frankly, the -internets are funnier anyway.

Camerous

Molten Core Raider
The whole fucking point is why was it taboo in the first place? Why was it such a big deal that any mention of it got people banned. If you can"t see that then your fucking retarded. The reason why it was taboo is because he was fucking crazy. He banned people with little or no provocation. Hell I got banned for telling people to leave him alone... and my mistake? Calling him a he. Then I got banned for sending him a PM.. when he TOLD me too...

Ancallagon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Duppin said:
Wait, I thought IwasMillie! I"m so confused.

As far as me posting a lot, it"s called being home sick with the cold from hell, and being amused by this thread.

I keep saying "I see your point, and what you"re saying has some merit, but what about this?" and all I get back is "LOL FAG COCK U LUV MILLIE" like this was the wall of a bathroom stall in middle school.

Maybe I"ll switch gears, join in on the "lol millie was the worst thing ever!" bandwagon that is this thread and try to farm some +internets, but frankly, the -internets are funnier anyway.
Just please shut the fuck up.

Ravvenn_sl

shitlord
Zargath, I believe it was (which applies for many others) because at the time you had higher or a similar amount of +internets as Millie. It looks like (to me) he went after people who challenged him, and people who were competing for the highest +internets rankings.

I will work on adjusting those today for everyone and like I said to Etoille in a private message, I"m sorry it even happened. Mostly to Etoille because that was pretty messed up. The issue I personally have with it, is that Millie contacted me via PM to say Etoille was harassing "her" via Private Messages. I asked to be forwarded these messages, but couldn"t find anything to back up those claims. It looked like a pretty basic argument to me. I did ask Etoille to just "hide" from Millie for the sake of my own sanity.

I asked a lot of people to, to be honest. I felt like my hands were tied and finally I just wigged out on him. It was more work to clean up his mess than it was to moderate these forums. I felt like his apologist. Finally, I just said no more. I posted the User Reputation logs as an example, and it"s a very mild albeit disturbing example. We have two threads in the Admin Forum. One for temp bans, one for perma bans. They are supposed to list names as well as a link or quote of the offending post. A majority of the people I have unbanned were never listed there.

Duppin, you are defending nothing. You are defending someone who did nothing but focus entirely too much time onto themselves. He banned people who joked about him in mIRC. He banned anyone who signed up on Hoofshots. He obviously logged onto fohguild.org every day and typed "Millie" in the search box and had no mercy on the poor souls who didn"t have something nice to say. Should you even disagree with him you were banned, should you warn someone for talking about "The Cock" you were banned, etc. I will not go into details about everything, but it set me off. Only a handful of people got to witness my standing on a soapbox and screaming "ENOUGH". I have certainly made my moderator mistakes and I apologized for them, but in my case it really was justtwo or threethings.

Like I told Millie. I have been called a retard, fag, man, woman, "cock gobbling cunt", and plenty more. I took that just fine. I have even UNbanned people who called me such names when another moderator banned them. I am not even the one who banned Brittney, Potam and co. - neither was Furor. MILLIE did it.

This isexactlywhat I said to Millie.

No, he"s not because I"m personally finding myself growing tired of this charade. I"ve certainly been biased in a few past decisions but haven"t even came close to grazing how utterly fucked up some other actions have been.

Who gives a shit if someone says you have a dick? Who -- besides you? Plenty of people crack jokes about me, and I suck it up. The more dramatic you are about it, the more attention you draw to it and deep down, I think you like it. The good, the bad, doesn"t matter. Regardless, I"m over it.
To clear something up here since he can"t post. Brittney hasneverthreatened any of us with real life threats. That is absurd. His friends took a few jabs at us, big whoop.It was a joke. Away from his childish online persona is a nice guy who has grown up plenty. I"m not going to let anyone believe that he"s some deranged stalker when that is simply untrue. That Cease and Desist also failed to exist (check my rhymes, yo).

Anyway, time to bust out the mop and start cleaning up this mess!