Notre Dame Manti Te'o dead girlfriend a hoax

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
This Twosoup guy must have a really effeminate voice (see: Aamina), or Manti definitely likes getting plowed in the ass. Fuck, maybe it's another disgusting tranny at work.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I like how on ESPN yesterday their NFL experts said it wouldn't affect his draft because it wasn't a character issue. How are you going to sign and give a guy millions to play and this isn't a character issue. If you are that damn niave I say that's a character issue. The reporter said it was no different than being scammed out of a huge amount of money, which I also see as a character issue.
Wow, Tom Condon must really have ESPN by the nuts.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I think the most reasonable scenario is:

1) He's gay
2) His football teammates were always wondering why he wasn't out bangin' chicks around campus like the rest of them
3) He makes up some lame excuse about a "girlfriend back home"
4) As they press for more details he makes up more stories about visiting her in california or Hawaii when he goes back home. No one in Indiana can really confirm or deny any of this as they're too damn far away from Cali/Hawaii to really know.
5) He gets a handful of close friends(probably not on the football team) to help him perpetuate the hoax, they know he's gay and they want to help not cause a rift with the team
6) Shit gets blown WAY out of proportion when media starts to pick up details about his "girlfriend back home", and he's too damn embarassed at that point to come clean, so he just goes with it...and now here we are

Being gay is a huge no-no in the Morman religion, and isn't accepted within the culture of a football team either, nor very accepted at a Catholic university. The 3 main influential factors in his life have huge problems with his lifestyle, so he went to extreme lengths to hide it.
This is the only theory that makes any sense to me and I don't see any holes in it. I'm sure it started out as a convenient lie to get women and his teammates off his back about why he was turning down all the pussy that he was almost certainly being offered. I just don't believe that a) someone could be so heartless to spend hours talking to a guy on the phone and sharing his deepest thoughts for months on end just for laughs and b) that even if such a sociopath exists, that he/she could make up an entire life story and personality and be consistent enough for hours and hours and months and months without raising suspicion.

This is the only theory that makes any sense to me and I don't see any holes in it. I'm sure it started out as a convenient lie to get women and his teammates off his back about why he was turning down all the pussy that he was almost certainly being offered. I just don't believe that a) someone could be so heartless to spend hours talking to a guy on the phone and sharing his deepest thoughts for months on end just for laughs and b) that even if such a sociopath exists, that he/she could make up an entire life story and personality and be consistent enough for hours and hours and months and months without raising suspicion.
I've heard reports that he was sleeping with other girls on campus while professing that this girl was the love of his life to the teammates.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've heard reports that he was sleeping with other girls on campus while professing that this girl was the love of his life to the teammates.
That's the kind of rumor I would spread if I was the PR firm ND/Te'o hired and wanted to make sure the gay angle was buried. Just saying.

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Lennay Kekua was not real, no pictures of that woman were ever taken because she doesn't exist. The pictures they claimed were Lennay Kekua were of a real woman, there is a big distinction in that.