Nutrition

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I think that nutrition is just a component of what your health goals are. And threads can be created based on those goals rather than their base components (Ex: Why having a weight lifting thread would be worse than having running thread, bulking thread, losing weight thread and JiuJitsu thread).

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think that nutrition is just a component of what your health goals are.
It's such a big component though. I feel like people pay way more attention to what they do for exercise than eating. A lot of people tune out and just pick a diet for short term weight loss. Just my perspective.

So: Eggs

Usually 3 a day for breakfast. With yolks, fried over easy. Ideally with a bunch of bell peppers and tomato. Couple of strips of bacon on occasion. Must have runny yolks.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
So: Eggs

Usually 3 a day for breakfast. With yolks, fried over easy. Ideally with a bunch of bell peppers and tomato. Couple of strips of bacon on occasion. Must have runny yolks.
6 eggs, 1 yolk, scrambled with turkey, herbs de provence, cayenne, and sea salt. Low cholesterol with high protein.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I joked in the paleo thread, but I do eat like 10 eggs per week, 2 per day give or take, with yolk fried in some olive oil or scrambled in butter, and my cholesterol is great. I was concerned that it would be an issue but it isn't apparently.

I started doing that because it is difficult to get a healthy breakfast going when I work day shift and have to be up at 4 am. The eggs take maybe 5 mins, throw them on a toasted bagel with a slice of cheese and boom, breakfast. I want to do something better, though. The bagel is a bit much.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I was doing 2 eggs and 3 slices of bacon every morning for about 2 years and my blood work was perfect. I also work out regularly. Exercise and being active, I think, plays a far bigger role than food when it comes to being healthy. I'm not saying it's ok to eat like shit, but you get the point...

Now I'm way too lazy to cook in the morning. I usually do granola, milk and a scoop of unflavored whey isolate. Either way, I have to eat right when I wake up every day.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I joked in the paleo thread, but I do eat like 10 eggs per week, 2 per day give or take, with yolk fried in some olive oil or scrambled in butter, and my cholesterol is great. I was concerned that it would be an issue but it isn't apparently.

I started doing that because it is difficult to get a healthy breakfast going when I work day shift and have to be up at 4 am. The eggs take maybe 5 mins, throw them on a toasted bagel with a slice of cheese and boom, breakfast. I want to do something better, though. The bagel is a bit much.
You could always do one piece of multigrain toast and eat it like a cracker. They're usually about 100 calories. Go multigrain, not whole wheat.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
So some of you might remember from FoH I was a total vegan fag.

No longer. Granted I probably was at like 1% body fat (I'm kidding ark..calm down) but I found that I was simply unable to actually grow any kind of visual muscle mass. Everything was just...flat.

I switched a few months ago to seeing food as fuel instead of a recreational activity and it has done wonders. Steak, bacon, chicken etc etc and I am finally starting to notice definition. No real schedule or planning to my meals. Just a simple "tank empty, put food in until no longer empty". Turning down social eating would do wonders for most people I think.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
So would social drinking. But then you're not social, and a total faggot, and who wants that?

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Its worth it to take 3 months (roughly) off of drinking/social eating and going straight hermit to get the physique you've always wanted, in my opinon. I workout/exercise regularly, and have since high school but have never gotten the body I've wanted - because I'm a social mother fucker, and was drinking a ton. 1 month down of no boozing/hanging out with friends and its not a big deal at all. I imagine by the end of next month though I'll be ready to fucking rage, but will do so in the knowledge that I look and feel better than all of them. SUCK IT FRIENDS.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That really depends on where you're starting from. If you're a guy who's a hardcore gym rat and you're carrying 5% extra body fat you want to get rid of, yeah, 3 months would probably get you close. If you're fat/skinny and nowhere near where you wanna be? It's likely going to take years. And that's why most people quit.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Its worth it to take 3 months (roughly) off of drinking/social eating and going straight hermit to get the physique you've always wanted,
I'm seriously considering this

I've never really lifted weights seriously before, 31, 5ft11 and 176lbs with 23% bf, it was measured yesterday by the PT I signed up for 3 months yesterday. At the moment I probably go out once every other weekend, typically rum+coke, jagerbombs, cider and drink hard enough to not remember most of the night.

Since Jan 1st I cut out all carbs and attempted to go out sticking to vodka and diet 7up, didn't get as drunk and came home earlier than normal on the 3 nights that I went out. Alcohol for me is definitely a social lubricant.

I've signed up for 3 months of 3 sessions a week with this PT, he's Poliquin Certified if that means anything to you guys and came highly recommended by a number of friends and colleagues. Will drinking vokda+diet soda every other weekend hinder my progress that much?

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Will drinking vokda+diet soda every other weekend hinder my progress that much?
It depends how much vodka you drink. Vodka has calories just like everything else. If you're counting calories (which you should be doing if you're serious about getting into shape) then just figure the vodka into your daily allowance and it shouldn't be a problem.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
So the doctor put me on prednisone for a week, and I was unaware of all the side effects. Dr. Internet tells me I need to load up on potassium rich foods to avoid becoming fat and weird looking. Any suggestions other than bananas and potatoes?

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
So the doctor put me on prednisone for a week, and I was unaware of all the side effects. Dr. Internet tells me I need to load up on potassium rich foods to avoid becoming fat and weird looking. Any suggestions other than bananas and potatoes?
Never had that problem when I was on it for my eyes.

However, I did have a serious rage problem. The best was my wife saying something entirely non confrontational to me, and me picking up the nearest object and throwing it at the wall, followed by "I gotta get off these fucking steroids."

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
...potassium...
Ask your Dr. Dr. to

But assuming you're good to go:

food with potassium

Winter squash, cubed, 1 cup, cooked: 896 mg
Sweet potato, medium, baked with skin: 694 mg
Potato, medium, baked with skin: 610 mg
White beans, canned, drained, half cup: 595 mg
Yogurt, fat-free, 1 cup: 579 mg
Halibut, 3 ounces, cooked: 490 mg
100% orange juice, 8 ounces: 496 mg
Broccoli, 1 cup, cooked: 457 mg
Cantaloupe, cubed, 1 cup: 431 mg
Banana, 1 medium: 422 mg
Pork tenderloin, 3 ounces, cooked: 382 mg
Lentils, half cup, cooked: 366 mg
Milk, 1% low fat, 8 ounces: 366 mg
Salmon, farmed Atlantic, 3 ounces, cooked: 326 mg
Pistachios, shelled, 1 ounce, dry roasted: 295 mg
Raisins, quarter cup: 250 mg
Chicken breast, 3 ounces, cooked: 218 mg
Tuna, light, canned, drained, 3 ounces: 201 mg

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Never had that problem when I was on it for my eyes.

However, I did have a serious rage problem. The best was my wife saying something entirely non confrontational to me, and me picking up the nearest object and throwing it at the wall, followed by "I gotta get off these fucking steroids."
The side effects depends on dose and place of application.
@What you drip in your eyes does not traverse to the systemic circulation in substantial quantity. This is why it was prescribed for the local application - to avoid the systemic distribution if possible. Also Cortisol is not an androgen steroid - your rage would stem from something else, not the eye drops, silly
biggrin.png

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I know my sister-in-law was on it for a bit and her face swelled up big time. My wife, on the other hand, didn't have anything.