Nutrition

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I know my sister-in-law was on it for a bit and her face swelled up big time. My wife, on the other hand, didn't have anything.
It's a known side effect if the substance reaches the systemic circulation, however dose, time and application method modifies this greatly. Any physician prescribes drugs and application method with the least possible adverse effects with optimal therapeutic effect. If Cortisol was prescribed for systemic use, logically there would be a good medical indication for this. Listen to your physician.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
The side effects depends on dose and place of application.
@What you drip in your eyes does not traverse to the systemic circulation in substantial quantity. This is why it was prescribed for the local application - to avoid the systemic distribution if possible. Also Cortisol is not an androgen steroid - your rage would stem from something else, not the eye drops, silly
biggrin.png
Good thing it wasn't in eye drop form.

But hey, you know everything, right?

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Good thing it wasn't in eye drop form.

But hey, you know everything, right?
No I don't know everything. However, I do know cortisol is not an androgen, nor does it have androgen like effects. Rage would not come from raising ones systemic cortisol levels. Granted, I assumed you were given local application for your eye. Your description was vague, however - 'I was given it for my eye'. Would you like to clarify as to the indication, drug and application method your were prescribed? It'll be my pleasure to once again tell you why your rage does not stem from cortisol.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
I'm not even completely sure if this is remotely related. I don't feel like looking it up either. There are studies that show steroids don't actually cause rage. You need a better excuse for being a bad person.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I'm not even completely sure if this is remotely related. I don't feel like looking it up either. There are studies that show steroids don't actually cause rage. You need a better excuse for being a bad person.
You'd have to be much more specific. Steroids are a group of hormones, named for their four joined cycloalkane rings. There are many forms of steroid hormones. The biochemical nature of any hormone dictates its function. Some hormones do in fact affect the psyche - some sex hormones for instance - like testosterone or DHT.

Suffice to say: Cortisol is a corticosteroid hormone with many (side) effects. It is not an androgen, however.

Here ismore on steroidsfrom our good friend wikipedia
smile.png

While I'd agree that "roid rage" is probably an overblown myth, I haven't seen any study that addresses "roid rage" in anabolic/androgenic steroids and I don't think there are any.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
And yet, many of us have friends whose personalities totally change while on cycle, and then come back to normal when the cycle is over. Study or not, how many guys have you known that are usually mellow until they get on cycle, and then they become the biggest dicks? A few weeks after the cycle is over, they are back to being a pussycat.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
The only reason i am really stressing about it is that I have some weight to lose, I think I have mentioned before that my wife's back to back pregnancies somehow saw me gain a little over 30 lbs. So the last thing I want is to reverse any progress I have made or bloat up like a fucking basketball with water retention.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
The only reason i am really stressing about it is that I have some weight to lose, I think I have mentioned before that my wife's back to back pregnancies somehow saw me gain a little over 30 lbs. So the last thing I want is to reverse any progress I have made or bloat up like a fucking basketball with water retention.
If you're prescribed prednisone there must be a good indication for doing so - otherwise the physician would not prescribe it. A week is not something I'd worry about the slightest, not even at high doses. Adverse events including their severity and frequency depends on the dose and duration of treatment in particular. Adverse event frequencies are generally seen during long-term treatment with therapeutic doses. Serious systemic side effects are unusual in short-term treatment - even in relatively high doses. Ask your physician if you have doubts
smile.png

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I'm seriously considering this

I've never really lifted weights seriously before, 31, 5ft11 and 176lbs with 23% bf, it was measured yesterday by the PT I signed up for 3 months yesterday. At the moment I probably go out once every other weekend, typically rum+coke, jagerbombs, cider and drink hard enough to not remember most of the night.

Since Jan 1st I cut out all carbs and attempted to go out sticking to vodka and diet 7up, didn't get as drunk and came home earlier than normal on the 3 nights that I went out. Alcohol for me is definitely a social lubricant.

I've signed up for 3 months of 3 sessions a week with this PT, he's Poliquin Certified if that means anything to you guys and came highly recommended by a number of friends and colleagues. Will drinking vokda+diet soda every other weekend hinder my progress that much?
I don't think it will really, but a lot of that depends on the progress made - going in to this I was thinking something similar (I "might" just nip out for a drink after work SOME Fridays) - but I haven't yet. Biggest reason isn't my willpower, its the results I'm seeing that is giving me the extra motivation I think. I can definitely see getting stir crazy soon though...

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Ossoi, we had a similar discussion on this back on FoH. If you're cutting out carbs but then taking in carbs on weekend -- effectively making it your "cheat days" -- your progression will slow and you will notice it. Similarly to those who cut out carbs but have cheat days and take in over 4000 calories, lol.

Dashel

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm seriously considering this

I've never really lifted weights seriously before, 31, 5ft11 and 176lbs with 23% bf, it was measured yesterday by the PT I signed up for 3 months yesterday. At the moment I probably go out once every other weekend, typically rum+coke, jagerbombs, cider and drink hard enough to not remember most of the night.

Since Jan 1st I cut out all carbs and attempted to go out sticking to vodka and diet 7up, didn't get as drunk and came home earlier than normal on the 3 nights that I went out. Alcohol for me is definitely a social lubricant.

I've signed up for 3 months of 3 sessions a week with this PT, he's Poliquin Certified if that means anything to you guys and came highly recommended by a number of friends and colleagues. Will drinking vokda+diet soda every other weekend hinder my progress that much?
I have definitely heard of Poliquin before but I have no idea what his certification entails so who knows. Did this guy suggest cutting all carbs? That would surprise me.

Put it this way, if a few vodka and diet sodas every other week is your biggest cheat I think you'll be ok. But if you're really going nuts then yeah it will have an effect.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Nah going Keto was my decision, I only signed up with the PT this week, so far all he has done is measure my body fat and tell me to eat 200g of lean meat with a handful of nuts for breakfast each day, first session next week.

I went out last night and I just don't enjoy drinking vodka and diet coke so don't get as drunk, don't have as much fun and came home early again. I think I will end up trying not to drink for the next 3 months, if I slip up I slip up.

Poliquin ranges from good strength coach to one of the biggest quacks in the industry. Some of the claims he has made over the years are insane. He's a Paleo douche now too, although he has his own breakfast, the "Poliquin meat and nuts" breakfast. Where you follow groundbreaking advice to eat meat and nuts for breakfast.