NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Honestly the super isnt much different from the 2080 - maybe a 5fps increase in most situations? Where as the 2080Ti is usually going to be about 20fps.

I wonder how long of delay the 3090 release will be compared to the 3080/3080Ti.

You seriously considering a 3090?

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I'll pay the price for the 3090 depending on how many fps I can get out of 4k max settings. With 2080ti I can hit 60 fps on just about every game but if I can hit 90 fps then it's worth it to me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
You seriously considering a 3090?

Depends on results, money isnt really the issue as i plan to have which ever is top tier - The issue currently is Nvidia will seemingly beat AMD out of the gate and soak up all those eager to make new builds. However in my situation i cant actually do too much till AMD CPUs debut and i know for sure that there will or will not be an x670 chipset. I also plan to buy a watercooled gpu of whichever one i pick. I assume AMD will keep lollygagging around until 10th gen intel and early Nvidia adopters spend all their cash then finally announce something.

Also

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
People still think I am crazy for spending $400 on the 2060 Super 11 months ago but I don't regret it a bit. Fucker is fast enough for what I play and do. If it holds out 3 more years that is $100 a year to play what I play on ultra/all settings on with a 2k monitor and I'm ok with that.

Edit-Damn it's been 11 months now

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I got super lucky on my EVGA 2080TI and got it for $900 - eventually traded it away for 400+2080 Super to be my gpu on test bench - Hopefully will be some good shit this fall.

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I am thinking I am going to wait for whatever AMD has in December if these are 8nm Samsung cards and dont top the 2080Ti by 50%. There won't be another Bitcoin run to push these cards to stratospheric heights and it might be good to pair an AMD card with a Zen 4 CPU.

Edit: That's not to say I won't get giddy and break out a credit card like everyone else if there is something that makes it seem like now is the time but with there being some certainty of a Super refresh sooner rather than later, it makes buying now seem less worth it.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I have a full rebuild that I'm due for in the winter (2012 was the last time I did a full rebuild - I've just updated video cards and PSU). But, I'm really considering swapping to full AMD. So, I'll likely end up waiting.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I got super lucky on my EVGA 2080TI and got it for $900 - eventually traded it away for 400+2080 Super to be my gpu on test bench - Hopefully will be some good shit this fall.
Where do you buy and sell your parts? reddit?

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
If it's actually 2k, I might just stick with my 2070 and tell them to pound sand. If it was like 1-1.2k I probably buy it

• 2Like

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
Damn....those are a little more pricey than I thought they were going to be if true.

Do I just drop money on the best 2080 build instead? All I really play is Runescape, WoW, Destiny. I don't really play any new games. Would feel weird investing in a 2 year old GPU line tho

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Damn....those are a little more pricey than I thought they were going to be if true.

Do I just drop money on the best 2080 build instead? All I really play is Runescape, WoW, Destiny. I don't really play any new games. Would feel weird investing in a 2 year old GPU line tho

Unless you plan on playing new games why upgrade at all? Is your current PC struggling to play the games you currently play?

Im waiting for the 3070 prices before I decide. I’m not interested in $700+ ranges. Also keep in mind it’s all been rumor so far.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Unless you plan on playing new games why upgrade at all? Is your current PC struggling to play the games you currently play?

Im waiting for the 3070 prices before I decide. I’m not interested in $700+ ranges. Also keep in mind it’s all been rumor so far.

This is where I'm at. If the 3070 isn't priced reasonably, I"ll probably see if I can get a good deal on a 2080/TI from someone who is paying the insane upgrade price.

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider

I have a 1080 and an i7 6800k. I'd like to go pretty balls deep in to my next PC, especially one that can support RTX (Minecraft, WoW shaders....Battlefield 6?).

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

That Samsung G9 has a higher res than my current 3860x1200. I can currently pull 100FPS in most games I play on a 1080ti. Will definitely need the extra juice of a 3080 whatever.