NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
These days my life is completely burdened with "Life" and I'm in a better position to buy a $1500 GPU than ever before. Still won't though, lol.

Pretty much this. No fuckin way I would spend this type of money on a GPU.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I will, and I'll just keep right on playing Hearthstone
I spent like 500euros on a full water cooling custom loop last week because I wanted to try it out(real fun to setup imo, although it took way too fucking long having no idea what I was doing and trying not to ruin my 2k PC) and after I was done, I went on to play Tales of Maj'Eyal, a rogue-like with graphics from the 2000s. Opening the Steam client eats more ressources than playing the game. But eh it'll be useful once I start playing real games again.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I spent like 500euros on a full water cooling custom loop last week because I wanted to try it out(real fun to setup imo, although it took way too fucking long having no idea what I was doing and trying not to ruin my 2k PC) and after I was done, I went on to play Tales of Maj'Eyal, a rogue-like with graphics from the 2000s. Opening the Steam client eats more ressources than playing the game. But eh it'll be useful once I start playing real games again.
The farther you get into enthusiast stuff the less you take advantage of it. You're doing it because you enjoy it. Water cooling is definitely like that.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Im hoping to get a 3070 or 3080 depending on the price. Dont see me going over 700 bucks though. I think whatever i buy will be a great upgrade compared to 1070 that i have now.

• 1Like

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I'm probably in for a 3080 at this point if they have a similar lineup to the 2000 series. ~1200$ for a video card to use for the next 4-5 years isn't a bad rate given the amount of time I spend on my fucking computer these days.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
1K I think would be my limit. Unless of course we are talking a card where I can skip two generations.

spronk

FPS noob
I mean back in the 980 days it made sense, there was Overwatch and Witcher 3, Rocket League, Fallout 4, Pillars of Eternity, GTA 5, and probably more all coming out.

Looking out at the next 12 months the only games I'm pretty hyped about are Cyberpunk 2077, Hitman 3, Horizon Dawn 2 (PS5 only), Yakuza 7, Spider-Man Xpac (PS5)... and thats about it. Don't really give a shit about Watch Dogs 3, AC Valhalla, or Far Cry 6 I know exactly what kind of games they will be and how bland and generic the story will be, just with neat worlds.

I'm still on the fence on whether to play Cyberpunk on PC (definitely worth an upgrade to 3070/3080) or PS5, not sure how big a difference it'll honestly be especially if they do a heavy optimized PS5 version a few months after release.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Eventually I'll upgrade my 1080Ti, but spending the money right now on a Ps5 seems like the much wiser investment.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Eventually I'll upgrade my 1080Ti, but spending the money right now on a Ps5 seems like the much wiser investment.

Console over the greatest video card to grace this earth?

37b308d9f885c24dd8cd9a528a13dd3159e1c11br1-480-253_00.gif

• 1Like
  • 1Truth!

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Lol, I mean you're not wrong. I'm curious to see how Cyberpunk taxes the 1080Ti. I know for sure if anything my processor will be a bottle neck more than likely. Will just have to see how things go!

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I mean back in the 980 days it made sense, there was Overwatch and Witcher 3, Rocket League, Fallout 4, Pillars of Eternity, GTA 5, and probably more all coming out.

Looking out at the next 12 months the only games I'm pretty hyped about are Cyberpunk 2077, Hitman 3, Horizon Dawn 2 (PS5 only), Yakuza 7, Spider-Man Xpac (PS5)... and thats about it. Don't really give a shit about Watch Dogs 3, AC Valhalla, or Far Cry 6 I know exactly what kind of games they will be and how bland and generic the story will be, just with neat worlds.

I'm still on the fence on whether to play Cyberpunk on PC (definitely worth an upgrade to 3070/3080) or PS5, not sure how big a difference it'll honestly be especially if they do a heavy optimized PS5 version a few months after release.
The 980 era (2014/2015ish) was probably peak PC gaming. In addition to the games you mentioned there, MOBAs were at their peak in popularity and absolutely enormous. Heroes of the Storm had just launched. MGS5 was on PC at release and blew away the console versions. Seems like we've fallen off a lot since those days.

• 2Like

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
980Ti here like many others. Got it for Witcher 3. Will also be upgrading to a 3080 when they come out since it struggles now on a lot of games.

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My 1080ti would like to have a word with your 8800GTX. In a small quiet space.
His 8800 GTX will win because it will just go to full heat output and melt your 1080ti.

Bad move on the "small, quiet space"

• 2Worf