NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Molten Core Raider
All good. I never really thought 850w modular power supplies were hard to move though. When I was picking parts for my new pc I had to jump around a bit when it came to power supplies because the first couple I looked at were out of stock everywhere. Seems odd that those are the items bundled with the video card and not ram or something.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Luckily was able to process my combo return just prior to newegg changing the rules. Still got hit with an unannounced restocking fee, 6 weeks after i dropped the thing at UPS.

Fadaar

That guy
Nope, it's internal. Swapped power cords and shit, no go. Damn thing is near 10 years old, so it had a good run.

RIP. At least there's tons of quality cheap options for monitors these days compared to 10 years ago.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just buy this:

Amazon product ASIN B07YGZL8XF
Even if something better comes out in the next year or two, for the price, you can use it as a side monitor and not be disappointed, because it's not a huge investment.

But for 379 its a massive upgrade from WHATEVER you're using.
I'm looking for a monitor for my second desktop.

How much better is that than the Amazon product ASIN B0173PEX20 ?

I got the Predator in late 2017 and it's been great.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm still happy as fuck with my Predator. It's really hard to justify buying another monitor. I've thought about going Ultra Wide, but it's such a good monitor the gain just isn't their imo.
Agreed, but I need a second monitor. If that LG (or any other strong, cheaper monitor) is as good or better, it doesn't make sense to pay the premium for another Predator.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

I did research between that and the comparatively priced LG and Asus models on multiple review sites and YouTube channels.

It came up short almost everytime to the LG and Asus. Do your research but I can tell you the asus I got now is unbelievable in performance and color. Keep in mind when I say it came up short my main concern was how well it handled 1440 andmax frames for FPS games like Warzone, apex, planetside, battlefield etc.

User comments were helpful as well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

The LG has insanely good out-of-the-box color, and a great color gamut in general. It supports 10-bit color if you have any use for that. It has some basic level of HDR. The G-Sync compatible works very well.

I have been looking at this as an ultrawide and it is getting cheap enough that I might as well give it a try. It is so much cheaper than all the alternatives, and arguably the best for standard gaming:

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Lots of monitors being announced right now, could serve well to wait a bit if you can, granted not in the blown power supply case

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
With 3080ti postponed I think I'm just going to suck it up and buy the 3090 instead of waiting for the 3080tis get scalped for 3090 retail prices later ;/