NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
At this point I hope to replace my 1080ti by the end of the year, but I'm not optimistic.

Fuck these new prices though.
I hear ya but let’s be real. 1080ti is a hell of a workhorse.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm still at 1080p.
1610512401253.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yep, that's why I'm not in a hurry to replace it, especially since I'm still at 1080p. I can keep looking for the right 1440p monitor while I wait.
Looks up the one I posted in monitor thread. I’m getting a solid 110-120 in FPS and higher in single players.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Looks up the one I posted in monitor thread. I’m getting a solid 110-120 in FPS and higher in single players.

Yeah, the Asus is one of the monitors on my radar, but I'm holding out for a proper HDR monitor that won't break the bank. That's unlikely to happen, but I can dream.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Just buy this:

Amazon product ASIN B07YGZL8XF
Even if something better comes out in the next year or two, for the price, you can use it as a side monitor and not be disappointed, because it's not a huge investment.

But for 379 its a massive upgrade from WHATEVER you're using.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah, the Asus is one of the monitors on my radar, but I'm holding out for a proper HDR monitor that won't break the bank. That's unlikely to happen, but I can dream.
You chargers fans never go all in!

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So RTX 3060 - a much weaker card, but due to bus thing they had to put 12 GB on it (even though they would have sold them with 6 GB just the same imo)

at $329 pre-scalping, this card seems a bit expensive. At its actual price however LOL What a joke.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Lol the hate on Zotac makes it easy. Just bought Zotac 3080, and then went back through and was able to get a 3070. Friends are gonna be happy!! Or is there this thing that friends don't sell friends Zotac cards?
I have a zotac 1060 6gb single fan unit for a small case that still runs fine.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Just buy this:

Amazon product ASIN B07YGZL8XF
Even if something better comes out in the next year or two, for the price, you can use it as a side monitor and not be disappointed, because it's not a huge investment.

But for 379 its a massive upgrade from WHATEVER you're using.

That has been the main one I've been looking at. I regret not picking it up when I saw it dip down to 325 6 months ago. I probably would grab it now if I didn't just buy new drives for my NAS.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Well, card acquired, or at least ordered. Ended up breaking down and having to buy one of those stupid bundles newegg has been putting up. Got the Gigabyte Aorus 3090 and a psu that i dont need at friggin all on the way.

Edit - nm, cancelled the order. In no way did i feel good about spending nearly $2200 total after tax and shipping on a video card. Ill just be patient until i can get a 3080, the 3090s are just...no.
For future reference if you buy one in a bundle you can return the bundled item that you didn’t want.

Molten Core Raider
You sure? It may just be how it's worded that confused me but the combo bundle says "All individual products in below combo must be returned in their entirety". I took from that, "if you wanna return something, you gotta return it all". If that's not the case, it's good to know for future purchases though.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
You sure? It may just be how it's worded that confused me but the combo bundle says "All individual products in below combo must be returned in their entirety". I took from that, "if you wanna return something, you gotta return it all". If that's not the case, it's good to know for future purchases though.
I have not done it myself, but I have read several posts from people who have on here and Reddit . I think Xexx Xexx has actually done it? Someone here did I may be misremembering who though.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I have not done it myself, but I have read several posts from people who have on here and Reddit . I think Xexx Xexx has actually done it? Someone here did I may be misremembering who though.

That used to be the case, but Newegg changed their policy so it's all or nothing on bundles now. I'm guessing they got tired of everyone returning everything other than the GPU since the purpose of the bundles is to get rid of non GPU stock.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
That used to be the case, but Newegg changed their policy so it's all or nothing on bundles now. I'm guessing they got tired of everyone returning everything other than the GPU since the purpose of the bundles is to get rid of non GPU stock.
Ahh I hadn’t heard that. Makes sense from a business perspective but pretty annoying as a consumer. Nobody wants your warehouse garbage you’re trying to offload with hot products. My bad Avatar of Nyx Avatar of Nyx