NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah, it was a bad joke about not being able to find a graphics card.

5950 would be a sure thing for me at about $100-$150 less. At its current price? Nah.
That's how I felt, but at this point I just want it to be over. I'd rather have the 5900x, but I'll be plenty happy with a 5950x and a couple hundred bucks left in my pocket.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
That's how I felt, but at this point I just want it to be over. I'd rather have the 5900x, but I'll be plenty happy with a 5950x and a couple hundred bucks left in my pocket.
Huh? The 5950x is more expensive, not less.

Molten Core Raider
Amazon listed some EVGA 3090s at the current msrp not long ago while I was actually at the computer and able to race the scalpers and I snagged one. I bought and cancelled an order for a Gigabye Aorus 3090 after a bout of Buyer's Remorse a few weeks back, but it's hard to feel bad about an EVGA one (especially one not part of some newegg combo). Only downside is Amazon says it will be close to March before it's delivered. Ill be cruising along with my 1080 for a while longer but I think my new build is for all intents and purposes 'done'.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
You know someone is fundamentally broken and utterly worthless when they will piss thousands and thousands of dollars away just to "piss off" people they will never meet.

I could see it. In that manner, not really. I am very good at pissing people off all my life.

Molten Core Raider
Never buy a 3090 - ever - not even to scalp - just dont do it.
Id been going back and forth about it for a while. They're more readily available than a 3080 but the cost is so much more I was having trouble convincing myself. What ultimately decided it for me was I didnt want a repeat of what I experienced with the 1080. I bought that card then within no time the 1080ti came out and smoked it. We're on the cusp of a similar situation between the 3080s and 3080ti's. I hated the idea of doing all this chasing, hunting, and fighting for a card knowing that an upgrade is on the horizon. At least (in theory) the 3090 will still be the more powerful card of the bunch until the next generation.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Amazon listed some EVGA 3090s at the current msrp not long ago while I was actually at the computer and able to race the scalpers and I snagged one. I bought and cancelled an order for a Gigabye Aorus 3090 after a bout of Buyer's Remorse a few weeks back, but it's hard to feel bad about an EVGA one (especially one not part of some newegg combo). Only downside is Amazon says it will be close to March before it's delivered. Ill be cruising along with my 1080 for a while longer but I think my new build is for all intents and purposes 'done'.
Sell me that 1080 if i can't get a card before then?

Molten Core Raider
I started to say no, that I wanted to keep the 1080 and put it back in the machine I upgraded from for my niece to use (gotta keep the childrens off the good pc), but I have a 1070 in it atm and that'd be good enough. If you dont pick up a new card in the month or so that Im waiting on that 3090 im sure we could work something out. I have no idea what a nearly 4 year old EVGA 1080 is worth though.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Might be good for my mini server.

PS I want to build a cool looking mini server. Any suggestions?
1611783813309.jpeg

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I started to say no, that I wanted to keep the 1080 and put it back in the machine I upgraded from for my niece to use (gotta keep the childrens off the good pc), but I have a 1070 in it atm and that'd be good enough. If you dont pick up a new card in the month or so that Im waiting on that 3090 im sure we could work something out. I have no idea what a nearly 4 year old EVGA 1080 is worth though.
That 1070 would get me by fine also if you wanted to keep 1080. Just lmk. And yeah I'm expecting to pay a decent bit not trying to slide and rip you off offering $100. Just at least i know it won't be ate up from crypto mining off ebay.