NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
People are raiding any sale regardless of vendor as long as it has a 3060 or 3070. Mining or reselling even if it's a Dell OEM they are still scalping.

Definitely a month+ for shipping no matter which brand.

Kiki

Log Wizard
So those buying prebuilt systems with a 30x card what is/was your wait time when ordering? Wife is probably due for an upgrade so was thinking of getting a 3080 prebuilt then doing the video card shuffle between the families computers. And for prebuilt whos the go to vendors?

I ordered on the 29th. It was shipped on the 23rd. So about a month for me on ibuypower.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Was considering holding out but the way the market is for vid cards is right now if my 1080ti dies for some reason i'll be up the creek.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

rad

Lord of Guk
Got my 3070 omen in 1 week

WSB bux... buys a 3070...

immortan-joe-mediocre-gif-7.gif

• 2Worf

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've looked into that, apparently people have tried that but discovered that ebay doesn't accept videos of packing the box as proof of anything.
Ebay might not accept any proof favoring the seller, but the DA here will.
Quite a few wannabe-ebay scammers had their homes searched by the police and ended up with a record.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Was considering holding out but the way the market is for vid cards is right now if my 1080ti dies for some reason i'll be up the creek.
1080 is such a great card so unlikely to happen however yes you’d be fucked. You can’t even go be a console peasant for a few weeks because there are no PS5/xsx available.

I would just sit down today and order it. I fucking hate paying lots of money and waiting for shit to arrive but it’s like what Axlrose Axlrose said to have...

wait for it....

Queue Axlrose Axlrose

patience GIF by Guns N' Roses

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Malakriss

Ebay might not accept any proof favoring the seller, but the DA here will.
Quite a few wannabe-ebay scammers had their homes searched by the police and ended up with a record.
Doesn't it become mail fraud as soon as they send a brick or anything else back?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The problem with pre-builts is that they still don't have enough options to get exactly what I want. They are tons better than they ever used to be, but things like no choice in the brand of the video card, or not enough case options. But this is why I'll just build my own and not do pre-builts.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
So those buying prebuilt systems with a 30x card what is/was your wait time when ordering? Wife is probably due for an upgrade so was thinking of getting a 3080 prebuilt then doing the video card shuffle between the families computers. And for prebuilt whos the go to vendors?
Mine is saying it will ship on April 5th. No idea why a 20 day wait on a scratch and dent.

Rais

Trakanon Raider
I can sell you my 1080 for a low price of 1500. I've got your back!

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The problem with pre-builts is that they still don't have enough options to get exactly what I want. They are tons better than they ever used to be, but things like no choice in the brand of the video card, or not enough case options. But this is why I'll just build my own and not do pre-builts.
Yeah but GL getting the 3090 etc you want. You’re definitely lucky.

Daidraco

I was thinking 6 months would be enough to wait on this 3k series, but they look just as rare as they did back in Sep/Oct. Any relief in the outlook for the 3080's?

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Pre-built would be the way to go for me if I didn't bandaid my computer over the years. I built a nearly "top of the line" system in 2012. However, I've just been bandaiding upgrades since then. Multiple SSDs, PSU, video cards, etc. Having to pay for a PSU, SSD, Win 10, etc. - all shit I'll literally just throw away is what keeps me from going that route.

• 1Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I got the video card I wanted when I bought from cyberpower by leaving a little note saying if they gave me an RGB card I was refunding.

They gave me the MSI Ventus which is basically the only choice ;]

I would never buy the alienware dell stuff though.

• 2Worf

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Doesn't it become mail fraud as soon as they send a brick or anything else back?
we don't have mail fraud as a crime here, it all runs under the generic fraud law.
My mother was once ebay scammed, the guy got three years (he scammed quite a lot of people for small amounts, thinking he'd get away with many small scams rather than a few big ones) and a few years later she got her 50 Euros back as well since that debt never goes away here.

• 2Like