NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Can we have a pic of Mist Mist ’s command center?

Going to guess it looks like this?

image_2021-03-12_124645.png

• 9Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 9 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
same here I got VR shit everywhere and zero fucks given. The OCD in me will freak out soon because I hate cords and wires.
Mine has just been shit getting piled from uncompleted projects. Too busy at work to put energy into figuring out what the fuck is piled here. I'm like a month or two away from fixing it really lol

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
It's definetly time for more cards to reach the market, judging from the derail.

Stave

Potato del Grande
Were you worried about those buyers that lie fuck you over ? I remember spronk spronk saying something about that
Yes. I hate selling stuff on Ebay. I've probably sold about 15 items over $500 over the years. I've never actually been burned once even but I get worried each time as you always hear the horror stories. Biggest thing is I just always put insurance on the item. If they try to say it's damaged then I would be able to file an insurance claim. If they try to return it and send me a brick, well, I'd probably video record myself opening any returns for proof to Ebay if I ever had to fight anything.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Well, now you have me reconsidering my reconsideration. My current PC is running a 1060, and it whines a lot when I play DDO, which is what got me interested in the first place. Good excuse to just clean the slate with a new machine. I will miss my win 7 pro, though. win 10 can eat a bag of dicks.
Just got back from getting car serviced and buying one of these:

Will set it up tonight when I wake up. New ergo/mesh chair came in too. Just waiting on desk next week and my new setup will be complete.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Just got back from getting car serviced and buying one of these:

Will set it up tonight when I wake up. New ergo/mesh chair came in too. Just waiting on desk next week and my new setup will be complete.

Same here, it's now set up on my desk as I get things from old system onto it. I'm going to "reinstall things from the ground up so you don't have all those crap apps you never use on your old system on this one" route. Then going to move my trusty old 2TB HDD with pics/documents/whatever on it over and swap them. The Microcenter near me actually had an "out of box" model for $200 less, but I didn't get there fast enough to snag it.

Old system has crap for video cards, but is still an i7 with 32G of RAM so will become my VMware lab machine for work back in my workshop.

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yes. I hate selling stuff on Ebay. I've probably sold about 15 items over $500 over the years. I've never actually been burned once even but I get worried each time as you always hear the horror stories. Biggest thing is I just always put insurance on the item. If they try to say it's damaged then I would be able to file an insurance claim. If they try to return it and send me a brick, well, I'd probably video record myself opening any returns for proof to Ebay if I ever had to fight anything.
I've looked into that, apparently people have tried that but discovered that ebay doesn't accept videos of packing the box as proof of anything.

• 1Picard

Fadaar

That guy
thats why you only sell locally and burn their house down if they try and fuck you

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Stave

Potato del Grande
I've looked into that, apparently people have tried that but discovered that ebay doesn't accept videos of packing the box as proof of anything.
I've always had my doubts as well. How would Ebay know that you didn't just open it, take the item out, put a brick back in, tape it back up real nice, turn the camera on, and start recording your unboxing. My biggest rule of thumb is just don't sell anything I can't risk taking a complete loss on. An old video card, yes, they are worth more now, but if I got scammed on it, it wouldn't be the end of the world. Now if I was trying to flip a 3070 or 3080 on there for 1-2k and got scammed, yeah I'd be pretty damn livid. I actually sold my old gaming laptop locally last week, and even though I sold it for $100 less than what they were going for on Ebay, it was worth it. I didn't have to pay $70 in ebay fees, didn't have to ship it, didn't have to wait for my money, and didn't have to wonder for weeks if they were going to file a return. Only hard part was the skechiness of not knowing if the person you are meeting will just rob you and take your shit. I don't sell out of my house either so that nutso's like Fadaar Fadaar don't come burn my house down if they want to return the item.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Yeah I’m just keeping my 1080 rig as backup box. Don’t wanna get shanked by Fadaar Fadaar wearing a Tom Brady jersey.

• 1Worf

Janx

<Silver Donator>
So those buying prebuilt systems with a 30x card what is/was your wait time when ordering? Wife is probably due for an upgrade so was thinking of getting a 3080 prebuilt then doing the video card shuffle between the families computers. And for prebuilt whos the go to vendors?

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
So those buying prebuilt systems with a 30x card what is/was your wait time when ordering? Wife is probably due for an upgrade so was thinking of getting a 3080 prebuilt then doing the video card shuffle between the families computers. And for prebuilt whos the go to vendors?
4-6 weeks and it's going to continue to get longer so get it soon.