NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Anybody get Resizable BAR working on their 30X0 yet? I just flashed my VBIOS now, setting the rest of it up now.

A little worried about pushing the limit on my 3080 any further though. Computer randomly rebooted when looting robo-corpses in HZD after a huge battle, might be hitting the power limit on my PSU or might be my undervolt on my GPU was too aggressive, though not sure that would cause my whole PC to reboot.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
ROFL isn't MSRP on the 3060 like $500? 3060 isn't even that great of a card and at 2x the price? Retarded.

I didn't say it was at anything near a rational PRICE point... Just amazed they had them showing in stock rather than "available from these seller" (i.e. Marketplace)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I didn't say it was at anything near a rational PRICE point... Just amazed they had them showing in stock rather than "available from these seller" (i.e. Marketplace)
It’s still just available from a seller. SPICY BOMB

2995814B-BF73-4458-AE34-087A66AD142D.jpeg

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Anybody get Resizable BAR working on their 30X0 yet? I just flashed my VBIOS now, setting the rest of it up now.

A little worried about pushing the limit on my 3080 any further though. Computer randomly rebooted when looting robo-corpses in HZD after a huge battle, might be hitting the power limit on my PSU or might be my undervolt on my GPU was too aggressive, though not sure that would cause my whole PC to reboot.
Cant remember which youtuber said it, but the card alone was between 4-500 on the 3080 at peak. If you're on a 750.. it may be the Power Supply? Whenever I get my hands on a 3080, Im putting at least a 1000w EVGA in it.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Cant remember which youtuber said it, but the card alone was between 4-500 on the 3080 at peak. If you're on a 750.. it may be the Power Supply? Whenever I get my hands on a 3080, Im putting at least a 1000w EVGA in it.
I am in fact on a 750W, but a very high quality one. However, it is 22 months old and used fairly heavily. I was lucky and just snagged an Seasonic Prime TX 850W at retail price, which has compatible cables for the Seasonic I already have. 1000W PSUs are damn near impossible to find right now.

I also just swapped in a much higher wattage UPS. I might have been hitting max draw on the old one, though it never sounded any alarms.

I'll RMA the 750W and use it in something else I guess. Maybe 11600K or 5600X build for my 4k TV, gotta find a less power hungry GPU though lol.

Regardless, it really should not have been hitting the power limit with the heavy undervolt I had on it, but it's possible something weird happened. It definitely looked like something power related, the screen flickered like the GPU drivers were trying to recover and then I looked over at my PC just in time to see the RTX logo LED flash on my GPU and then the BIOS codes on the motherboard started cycling and it rebooted.

Last edited:

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Assholes trying to get me to upgrade my cpu!
You need to play SkyrimVR in 8k with maxed out supersampling drinking a Baja blast alt tabbed to me sending you a tell in WoW classic TBC beta about how awesome SkyrimVR is.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Can't believe it but Amazon has 3060's in stock....
3090’s in stock too

EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming, 24GB GDDR6X, iCX3 Technology, ARGB LED, Metal Backplate, 24G-P5-3987-KR

• 2Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm

Looks like gains are pretty minor at this point, 3.17% average according to this link and some games like AC Valhalla up to 9% which would be pretty good if games can easily be patched to increase the gains.

Daidraco

I thought BAR and the equivalent were handled via system processes - is that not the case? Or is handled per program that takes advantage of it, ala RTX?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I thought BAR and the equivalent were handled via system processes - is that not the case? Or is handled per program that takes advantage of it, ala RTX?

There was a GN video (maybe? LTT? Hell I can't remember now...) that said both. System process can see increased gains but program can also take advantage of.

Daidraco

There was a GN video (maybe? LTT? Hell I can't remember now...) that said both. System process can see increased gains but program can also take advantage of.
I watched the LTT video on it. Must have missed the part where it was per programming.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Hmm updated MB Bios( 3/25) and GPU bios (which is supposed to support BAR, was released today), enabled BAR on the MB but still no go. Ah well sounds like gains aren't ground breaking.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Hmm updated MB Bios( 3/25) and GPU bios (which is supposed to support BAR, was released today), enabled BAR on the MB but still no go. Ah well sounds like gains aren't ground breaking.
Did you update your GPU drivers? Only the ones that came out today support it.

Also enabling Resizable BAR in the BIOS requires a few extra options relating to disabling legacy boot stuff on some motherboards, like Disable CSM Support. You must be booting off a GPT partition or your computer will not boot Windows after making the change.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Did you update your GPU drivers? Only the ones that came out today support it.

Also enabling Resizable BAR in the BIOS requires a few extra options relating to disabling legacy boot stuff on some motherboards, like Disable CSM Support. You must be booting off a GPT partition or your computer will not boot Windows after making the change.
Yeah the GPT partition could be it. I had to enable CSM in order to boot so if it needs to be disabled that'd be the culprit. Looks like there's a tool to do the conversion so I'll take a peak at that. Thanks for hte heads up!

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I watched the LTT video on it. Must have missed the part where it was per programming.

Possibly. Not 100% saying it was that one, they all run together at some point. I tried to go back and find it after posting but between Gamers Nexus, Linus, Hardware Unboxed, More's Law, Digital Foundry, and whatever else "the algorithm" suggests on a given day it was nowhere to be found.