NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
View attachment 345531
Paid 699.99 msrp.
No bundle of sticks scalpers, no ‘discord alerts’ , no Reddit nonsense. Just walked into a store on my own terms, and walked out, ez pz.
Also had to pay 2499 for a razer tomahawk rig in order to get the card but that’s neither here nor there!
1617332190277.gif

spronk

FPS noob
Also had to pay 2499 for a razer tomahawk rig in order to get the card but that’s neither here nor there!

so do you like your razer PC? im thinking if battlefield 6 ends up good i may finally buy a new pc but i'm getting too old to be assembling anything, last pre built PC i bought was in the 90s and it was a gateway lol

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
so do you like your razer PC? im thinking if battlefield 6 ends up good i may finally buy a new pc but i'm getting too old to be assembling anything, last pre built PC i bought was in the 90s and it was a gateway lol
Wtf how old are you? Pc takes like an hour from scratch.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Age won't prevent me from building a new PC this year. Not being able to get the parts I want will...

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 7 users

spronk

FPS noob
Wtf how old are you? Pc takes like an hour from scratch.

i guess its more the considerable time it would take to pull everything together, knowing myself i'd have a lot of indecision on what CPU cooler, what motherboard, which brand of memory, yadda yadda plus as soy says finding all that shit can take considerable time even factoring in how certain things basically sell out instantly. My current PC is self built over weeks and water cooled and I remember struggling for hours with cable/pump routing and that dreaded "i turned on the system and nothing happened, oh damn a screw isn't correctly contacting the rubber grommet on the motherboard" kinda shit. Within a year too I had regrets on my PSU connectors and air flow inside my case, still have to pop it open once a year to get dust bunnies.

Dropping $3k on a prebuilt is meaningless to me and it turns a 8-10 hour experience into a 30 minute one, which is a pretty good tradeoff.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
i guess its more the considerable time it would take to pull everything together, knowing myself i'd have a lot of indecision on what CPU cooler, what motherboard, which brand of memory, yadda yadda plus as soy says finding all that excrement can take considerable time even factoring in how certain things basically sell out instantly. My current PC is self built over weeks and water cooled and I remember struggling for hours with cable/pump routing and that dreaded "i turned on the system and nothing happened, oh darn a screw isn't correctly contacting the rubber grommet on the motherboard" kinda excrement. Within a year too I had regrets on my PSU connectors and air flow inside my case, still have to pop it open once a year to get dust bunnies.

Dropping $3k on a prebuilt is meaningless to me and it turns a 8-10 hour experience into a 30 minute one, which is a pretty good tradeoff.
But how old are you?

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
i guess its more the considerable time it would take to pull everything together, knowing myself i'd have a lot of indecision on what CPU cooler, what motherboard, which brand of memory, yadda yadda plus as soy says finding all that shit can take considerable time even factoring in how certain things basically sell out instantly. My current PC is self built over weeks and water cooled and I remember struggling for hours with cable/pump routing and that dreaded "i turned on the system and nothing happened, oh damn a screw isn't correctly contacting the rubber grommet on the motherboard" kinda shit. Within a year too I had regrets on my PSU connectors and air flow inside my case, still have to pop it open once a year to get dust bunnies.

It’s actually easier than that. It comes with the intel nuc extreme thing already installed which is basically an entire PC.

Literally the only thing you do is put the video card in. I haven’t had to do such pleb actions in nearly two decades but I held back my disgust, swallowed my pride and after about 5 minutes of struggling with the sheer weight of the stupid card managed to get it into the slot, mashed the cables down from the case fans (harder than you think, case is small as fuck) and it was ready to go.

system is obviously overpriced but that’s sorta negated partly by the 3080s street price as opposed to getting it in this setup. And the case has a pretty premium feel, and i needed something super compact anyway

Stave

Potato del Grande

Things are so much more plug and play than they were even 5 years ago. AIO water coolers are super easy. But yeah you'd probably be better off with a pre-built given the GPU situation.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
So when you all tell the story of this year to your grandkids are you going to call it the China Flu Pandemic or the Great GPU Shortage?

Janx

<Silver Donator>
So when you all tell the story of this year to your grandkids are you going to call it the China Flu Pandemic or the Great GPU Shortage?
You already know the answer...

Why Dont We Have Both GIF

• 1Worf

bytes

Molten Core Raider
Fuck pc parts, I bought a car. Maybe I can run Total Warhammer III on it's media system.

• 1Worf

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are the only two options you people have self-building or buying an overpriced big label like Alienware or Razer?

There are a number of PC building companies here where you can get a €2000 Computer for €2200 with part selection menus on their websites showing the exact price on each part.
I've done the math on the last three computers I've bought, every single time the extra cost is so insignificant and you get 2-3 year warranty covering the entire computer rather.

Also that was before this insane parts shortage. Imagine getting everything delivered to build your machine except the one part that is mandatory. Well, not everyone has to imagine, some people are living that hell right now

• 1Like

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Are the only two options you people have self-building or buying an overpriced big label like Alienware or Razer?

There are a number of PC building companies here where you can get a €2000 Computer for €2200 with part selection menus on their websites showing the exact price on each part.
I've done the math on the last three computers I've bought, every single time the extra cost is so insignificant and you get 2-3 year warranty covering the entire computer rather.

Also that was before this insane parts shortage. Imagine getting everything delivered to build your machine except the one part that is mandatory. Well, not everyone has to imagine, some people are living that hell right now

At that point I'd sell my parts for a nice profit and buy a pre-built.