NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The problem was that the spring-loaded thing didn't make good contact after a while due to positioning; the actual cartridge contacts had almost nothing to do with it.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
So the budget build has a non-effective thermal solution which would be solved innately by not going budget and actually getting quality parts?

At that point youre not even buying a prebuilt anymore lol - youre just buying something you could buy quicker off reddit - The prebuilts from CP all come with crap unless you customize it and by that time its way over the standard prebuilt in BB, NE, Amazon - for saving 3-500 you could buy some god dam fans or a $100 AIO and be done with it.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
For those wanting these "better cyberpowers"

Dude is completely wrong about the cpu cooler. Thermal paste application or cooler installation might have been an issue, but I'm pretty sure that's the exact same cooler that came on my ABS and while being cheap as fuck, it's more than adequate if you're not doing any serious overclocking. Bought this rig about 6 weeks ago, playing The Division 2 on ultra, and BDO nearly maxed (not remastered) and the cpu (10400f) stays under 70c.

Pretty sure this is the fan:

For the record, this is the first pre-built I've purchased since my first pc (an 8086), and you of course know why. While I would have preferred a better brand of RAM/SSD and more storage out of the box, it runs great. My only real regret is not having enough in my budget for one with a 3060ti, which smokes the 3060 so hard it's ridiculous. And I feel it was a bit pricey. Can't really complain though, since I'm upgrading from my nearly 10 year old rig with an i5 2300, 8gb of 1600 RAM, and a 1050ti. Which is like going from a rusty VW bug to a Star Destroyer, lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Malkav

French Madman
The problem was that the spring-loaded thing didn't make good contact after a while due to positioning; the actual cartridge contacts had almost nothing to do with it.

Yeah, most of the time what fixed it was just pulling out the cartridge and putting it back. Blowing on it was mostly placebo.

And even with no spit, your breah still has some humidity in there, so it could definitely cause corrosion in the long run.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

Shipss tomorrow will be gone soon

• *BASE_PRICE: [+1799]
  • CAS: CyberpowerPC Eclipse P418R DRGB ATX Mid-Tower High Air Flow Gaming Case + 3x 120mm ARGB Fans (Included)
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen™ 5 5600X 3.7GHz [4.6GHz Turbo] 6 Cores/ 12 Threads 35MB Total Cache 105W Processor (Included)
  • FAN: COOLERMASTER AM4 105W CPU COOLER (Included)
  • HDD: 500GB WD Blue SN550 Series PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 2400/1755 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 300/240k (Included)
  • HDD2: 1TB HDD (Included)
  • KEYBOARD: CyberPowerPC NOHI 01 Multimedia USB Wired Gaming Keyboard w/ Backlight (Included)
  • MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3000MHz MEMORY (Included)
  • MOTHERBOARD: B550 M-ATX W/ WIFI, RGB, PCIE X16, PCIE X1, M.2, SATA 6GB/S (Included)
  • MOUSE: CyberPowerPC Elite M1 131 RGB 7-Color w/ 9 Button, adjustable Weight & lighting effects Gaming Mouse (Included)
  • POWERSUPPLY: 800 Watts - Standard 80 Plus Gold Certified Power Supply (Included)
  • RUSH: RUSH!!! READY TO SHIP IN NEXT BUSINESS DAY
  • SERVICE: 3 Years FREE Service Plan (INCLUDES LABOR AND LIFETIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT)
  • SUMMARY: AMD IET99561 + FREE Shipping + Next Day Rush
  • VIDEO: GeForce RTX™ 3070 8GB GDDR6X (Ampere) [VR Ready] (Included)
  • _PRICE: (+1799)
Total after tax $1923

• 1Like

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
For those wanting these "better cyberpowers"
Wasn't Ibuypower the good one? Holy shit was that Dell bad though

GPU allotments are helping this OEM shit spread again like on designated Indian streets. Though OEM + budget has always been a recipe for crap, you'd think some of the worst elements would have been sorted by now.

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
I am about to finish up another build and feel the temptation of the dark side. You can rent Stellar for 6 bucks a day.
Whop Rental Platform

Reading that Stellar twitter account, I no longer wonder why people can't get video cards or consoles. It's people with stimulus checking buying from these fucks that's the problem, though. Hopefully with the LHC cards right around the corner this won't be such tempting targets but I guess as long as suckers are paying $2000 for 6800xt's it will be.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Wasn't Ibuypower the good one? Holy shit was that Dell bad though

GPU allotments are helping this OEM shit spread again like on designated Indian streets. Though OEM + budget has always been a recipe for crap, you'd think some of the worst elements would have been sorted by now.
Dell has had overt disdain for their customers for a long time now. Their reps in India have been using their customer list for eons to scam customers into buying warranties that don't do anything...Dell knows and has done nothing about it. They get your email and tag number for your product, then tell you the warranty is set to expire and ask to extend it. They take that money and put it in their pocket and you get nothing but scammed in return. This has been happening for a LONG time.

I had an XPS a few years ago and did every thermal mod under the sun to it...which helped a little. The fans still went nuts under moderate load. It had a 1050 GPU, but it made the laptop sound like a dustbuster so I never gamed with it. The CPU and the iGPU throttled so much that it always felt like something was wrong with it. Dell + Intel + Microsoft = Trifecta of Trash.

Their home techs are pure trash. I saw one picture of a tech using pliers on a laptop to get it apart. I guess screwdrivers are too high tech.

I saw a video of that same box linked above, and Dell would only loan the reviewer a good heatsink. They knew the guy was a big tech reporter on Youtube, and they still tried to screw him.

Adding extra charges to the bill is over scumbag behavior...but they don't care because people continue to buy their garbage.

I'm not an Apple fanboy, but my M1 Macbook Air absolutely curbstomps anything Dell slaps together. Vastly better quality, better OS, and a beast of a CPU that sips power. It is crisp and responsive even when it is coasting on its small cores.

Dell's monitors are decent, though.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The last dell I had was a core 2 quad, the first intel quad core early 2Ks?. It was a good deal from their business section, I think from memory it was like $750 and it came with a 20" flat screen. I stuck a 5850 in there and it served me for years, and then a few years after for my kids. But those were the old days, when Dell actually shipped decent stuff for a good price.

At work we have tons of Dell engineering CAD workstations and they are decent too. Xenons of different flavors over the years. Lately for the last 3-4 yrs weve been getting Lenovos and no difference really aside the better tech like M.2 drives, better faster ram, etc... Out of the 100s of systems from Dell, each costing $3500, I dont think aside some HD and video card failures here and there, weve had too much trouble with them. Same with the Lenovos. Next up work decided to go with HP, so I guess those will be put under test next.

Fucker

Log Wizard
The last dell I had was a core 2 quad, the first intel quad core early 2Ks?. It was a good deal from their business section, I think from memory it was like $750 and it came with a 20" flat screen. I stuck a 5850 in there and it served me for years, and then a few years after for my kids. But those were the old days, when Dell actually shipped decent stuff for a good price.

At work we have tons of Dell engineering CAD workstations and they are decent too. Xenons of different flavors over the years. Lately for the last 3-4 yrs weve been getting Lenovos and no difference really aside the better tech like M.2 drives, better faster ram, etc... Out of the 100s of systems from Dell, each costing $3500, I dont think aside some HD and video card failures here and there, weve had too much trouble with them. Same with the Lenovos. Next up work decided to go with HP, so I guess those will be put under test next.
They all make crappy appliances now. If they all got into car manufacturing, they'd be selling Trabants.

Apple M1 SOC has 4 efficiency cores and 4 performance cores. Their upcoming desktop will have...40 performance cores. That thing will be obscenely powerful. This just shows that Intel has been asleep at the wheel for far too long. Grove wrote a book entitled Only the Paranoid Survive. He must be spinning in his grave right now.

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've been using my Dell Precision since 2008 and it's still kicking ass. I changed the HDDs to SSD as soon as I could, added 8gb of ram and it's still going strong. The new precision I have at work is also doing good. Of course since they are workstation, they have virtually 0 minutes of autonomy when not plugged in.
my friend XPS was a hot piece of shit though, heating like crazy.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Dell still makes perfectly fine business laptops that I can give to people who only use Office and Adobe and that don't cost an obscene amount for what you are getting.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Apple M1 SOC has 4 efficiency cores and 4 performance cores. Their upcoming desktop will have...40 performance cores. That thing will be obscenely powerful. This just shows that Intel has been asleep at the wheel for far too long. Grove wrote a book entitled Only the Paranoid Survive. He must be spinning in his grave right now.
Yeah too bad its still Apple which forces their shitty OS on you and are highly overpriced and will never be adopted in a place like mine. Only places that will ever adopt Apples is the fruity artsy fartsy studios and shit. I dont even think any of our engineering programs will even run on apples OS.

Dell still makes perfectly fine business laptops that I can give to people who only use Office and Adobe and that don't cost an obscene amount for what you are getting.
Their worstation class Laptops are not bad either, lol. I have right now at home a $4K dell laptop that has been passed around the office numerous times over the last few years, traveled the world... literally, and it still runs like a champ. I did an entire IP substrate design on that thing 2 yrs ago during xmas break on Siemens NX 11.0 and the thing didnt even sweat.

Dont get me wrong here fellas, im no Dell fanboy. all I can tell you is my experience with them from a work stand point. They are highly stable, rarely crash, run basically 24/7 for years. Even our older Dell workstations are still past around the workplace to engineers that dont do too much CAD, more analytics and excel type shit and they still work fine, years later and years obsolete.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Wake up to my screen putzing up. Font bumped down to 100%. 240Hz is fucked, and I now get this error from AMD.

1621949736719.png

• 1Worf
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Wake up to my screen putzing up. Font bumped down to 100%. 240Hz is fucked, and I now get this error from AMD.

View attachment 355389
DDU.