NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Question for people who knows shit: why is there such a shortage of cards, and general electronic parts ?
I mean, it can't be silicon, that shit is literraly everywhere. It can't be the wafer process, we've been doing this for over 30 years. is it the 5nm technology ? is it pure marketing stuff ?
At least for GPUs/consoles im going with because its very profitable to scalp them. Morons pay 2-3x MSRP which allows scalpers to turn around and buy 2-3 video cards for every one they sell. As long as retards will pay $1000+ for a 3060, scalpers have every incentive to buy as many as they can with their scalping tools.

This has been going on for a long time with other products, shoes being a great example. Scalpers have been using tools to snatch up new releases then resell right away for significantly higher than msrp.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
:emoji_rotating_light::emoji_rotating_light::emoji_rotating_light: This thread needs more sirens if you want to score stuff in time!:emoji_rotating_light::emoji_rotating_light::emoji_rotating_light:

• 1Worf

spronk

FPS noob
if money is no object $3800 for a 3090 prebuilt PC

$2700 for 3080

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I hope all that cardboard just spontaneously ignites.

• 3Worf
  • 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Hacking the supply chain is how you do it, running bots is for chumps.
I would not be surprised at all that guys operating at this level are not just bribing people to acquire their GPUs.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
somewhere in this thread, I think, lies a gif of the Mad Max "Let there be Water" scene, with GPUs flowing down into the frothing masses.
I could swear it's here, but my google-fu and search-jutsu rolls are coming up short...
anyone recall what I'm talking about?

thanks in advance

were not worthy waynes world GIF

spronk

FPS noob
1 week backorder for a $2800 3080 prebuilt, parts and reviews seem really good

one interesting thing about any 3080 right now is that you can make ~$15/day with a 3080 mining eth, or ~$400/month but bitcoin prices are so wild it could be double that or half that in a week. The new 3080s that curbstomp mining performance are slowly already getting out there so sorta interesting to see what'll happen with the "OG" 3080s vs the new 3080s.

Of course if nvidia is smart they'll soon put out new models that blow away the 3080/3090s in game performance, it has been now over 8 months since they released.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
AMD should have gpu's and cpu's at some point today

Awesome

I'll spend 8 hours spamming refresh, not even see them come in stock because bots, and some shit heel will get a dozen cards to scalp on Amazon.

Fucking sign me up!

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Awesome

I'll spend 8 hours spamming refresh, not even see them come in stock because bots, and some shit heel will get a dozen cards to scalp on Amazon.

Fucking sign me up!

Ive never been able to successfully check out on AMD - it will go through then i hit submit and it take me back to item page - Seems you HAVE to use paypal check out to have any chance.