NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
You would think with the amount of shitheads we have here that ONE of them would be snatching up cards left and right and selling them at a reasonable markup to the forum bros. Ohh shit, is that happening and I'm just not in the inner circle? Fuck! Now I have no video card or FoH friends?!

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 3 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I bought a 3090 months ago - asus and evga for 3080's that I originally wanted have both hit my wait list and I sold them as soon as I got them. Almost immediately as soon as I put them up. Ive basically recouped my entire costs. With the market as stupid as it is, I put myself back in queue. The market is absolutely stupid and it would be a missed opportunity on just simple money not to keep the ball rolling, so to speak.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
You would think with the amount of shitheads we have here that ONE of them would be snatching up cards left and right and selling them at a reasonable markup to the forum bros. Ohh shit, is that happening and I'm just not in the inner circle? Fuck! Now I have no video card or FoH friends?!

I didnt get a god dam thing from the BB drop today - i havent gotten a card from that in months

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Same, I feel like the bots are already beating out the queue system they got going on bahaha.. Or they're literally releasing 10 cards at a time.

All I know is I got on a bit before the supposed morning launch, nothing til 3 o'clock. I actually refreshed it before the notifications when out for the drop and a saw it go from coming soon to sold out.

Straight doodoo.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This thread makes me feel like a genius for buying a pre-built system with a TUF 3080 in it for $1900 in January.

Last edited:
  • 6Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 10 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Prebuilt is the way to go to quickly acquire a GPU - only issue is selling off the excess crap. Plus most people want a certain GPU inside even tho 95% of them will never look at their GPU after installed :D

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Prebuilt is the way to go to quickly acquire a GPU - only issue is selling off the excess crap. Plus most people want a certain GPU inside even tho 95% of them will never look at their GPU after installed :D
I needed a new PC so I didn't have to sell anything, but it does suck for those that just want a card. Fortunately, a lot of the boutiques use off-the-shelf parts so you're not stuck with a bunch of hard-to-sell proprietary parts.

I know pre-built boutiques get a bad rap, but I've purchased 3 from ibuypower and never had a problem. In fact, I've been completely satisfied with the product. Gamer's Nexus recently went in on ibuypower saying their systems are crap, but I don't see it. The GN review may have something to do with the fact that they bought a ~$600 machine and I suppose it's possible that bottom-tier stuff doesn't get the attention from iBP that 'real' systems get, but who knows.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kiki

Log Wizard
Have to agree, I've purchased 5-6 high end machines from IBP and 1 low end, the only problem I had was a fan being unplugged on the low end one from Amazon, easily fixed. The custom high end ones are solid, I even got one as my machine at work rocking 5 monitors. I've had a couple Corsair water pumps go out after a few years, but that's more a Corsair problem than anything. Getting the mobo you want, the gpu and cpu you want, the PSU you want, and not having to mess with any shit is amazing. I've built enough machines in the past and I build servers now, that I don't want to mess with that shit when I get home. I buy a custom, slap in some RAM from Newegg to save money, maybe add a hardrive and that shit is done. Up and running in like 5 minutes. Paying a hundred or two premium to save the headache of weeks of gpu sniping and an hour or two of assembly is soooo worth it.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Have to agree, I've purchased 5-6 high end machines from IBP and 1 low end, the only problem I had was a fan being unplugged on the low end one from Amazon, easily fixed. The custom high end ones are solid, I even got one as my machine at work rocking 5 monitors. I've had a couple Corsair water pumps go out after a few years, but that's more a Corsair problem than anything. Getting the mobo you want, the gpu and cpu you want, the PSU you want, and not having to mess with any shit is amazing. I've built enough machines in the past and I build servers now, that I don't want to mess with that shit when I get home. I buy a custom, slap in some RAM from Newegg to save money, maybe add a hardrive and that shit is done. Up and running in like 5 minutes. Paying a hundred or two premium to save the headache of weeks of gpu sniping and an hour or two of assembly is soooo worth it.
Yep. I'm fully capable of building a system on my own, but the $150 premium it costs for someone else to deal with the headache is absolutely worth it.

In my experience, it's only retard purists and poors that argue against pre-builts.

• 1Edgelord
  • 1WTF
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 4 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I have no illusions regarding prebuilts, if you buy a quality machine expect someone that knows what they are doing to put it together. But if you buy a budget tower expect a minimum wage intern to slap it together and you get the video reviews result.

spronk

FPS noob

it really isn't hard to get a prebuilt PC with a 3080 for ~$2000-2500, you literally have to just spend an hour or two doing nothing more than reading this thread and then setup a few alerts on a few discord servers and reddit. I mean we've posted a few links that are still good (nzxt for one) just in the last page or two.

No one is buying "dozens of cards" every week, even the few hardcore botters are only getting 3-5 cards a week and selling them for 300-400% profit. And they spent $50k+ on buying keys for the bots, so it would be pretty insane to just give it away. The bot infrastructure requires you pay for server hosting (to run the bot) and monthly fees to proxy servers and getting extra credit cards and ship addresses, its not a small joke its basically a full time business and it still requires hours and hours to setup and monitor, as stuff like best buy requires manual stop/restarts to force yourself through the queue.

I've had the chance to buy a prebuilt 3080/3090 at least 20 times in the past 4 months and money isn't an issue but really at this point I wouldn't do fuck all with it other than shitpost on FOH. My 1080ti is plenty good for that. Outside of Battlefield 6 I don't even see a game that I am remotely interested in playing on PC in the next 12 months.

Onoes

Trakanon Raider
it really isn't hard to get a prebuilt PC with a 3080 for ~$2000-2500, you literally have to just spend an hour or two doing nothing more than reading this thread and then setup a few alerts on a few discord servers and reddit. I mean we've posted a few links that are still good (nzxt for one) just in the last page or two.

No one is buying "dozens of cards" every week, even the few hardcore botters are only getting 3-5 cards a week and selling them for 300-400% profit. And they spent $50k+ on buying keys for the bots, so it would be pretty insane to just give it away. The bot infrastructure requires you pay for server hosting (to run the bot) and monthly fees to proxy servers and getting extra credit cards and ship addresses, its not a small joke its basically a full time business and it still requires hours and hours to setup and monitor, as stuff like best buy requires manual stop/restarts to force yourself through the queue.

I've had the chance to buy a prebuilt 3080/3090 at least 20 times in the past 4 months and money isn't an issue but really at this point I wouldn't do fuck all with it other than shitpost on FOH. My 1080ti is plenty good for that. Outside of Battlefield 6 I don't even see a game that I am remotely interested in playing on PC in the next 12 months.

That's a lot more intense than what I was thinking for sure, I honestly just assumed people had bots running 24/7 on a kind of set it and forget it approach. I did already purchase a prebuild (thanks to this thread) for my wife... but yeah, I spent over 3k a couple of years ago on a super nice pc minus the video card thinking I would just wait for better availability on the 20X series, or for the 30X series to release. In the 25+ years I've been building pc's I've never seen anything like this, so yeah, unexpected. Can't bring myself to spend another 2k for a shittier computer just to steal the video card from it and have it sit in a closet or something. I'm just salty about it is all.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>

I laugh at my computer hardware a lot when really all I do is browse the internet and play hearthstone.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
I won the Newegg Shuffle today.... on a day when I didn't feel motivated to go in on any of the crap bundles, so I went with what looked to be the best of the bad.
I now have 1 hour to pull the trigger.

Asus TUF 3080 + ASUS TUF VG27WQ 27" 1440P monitor for $1426

I'm sitting here staring at my fully built and way too expensive system, just missing a GPU, and feeling like I have to do it.

Screen Shot 2021-06-11 at 3.04.07 PM.png

I guess, worst case, I can flip the GPU and sell the monitor for $50 under retail.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The real reason for the chip shortage:
they're all going into the vaccines.

• 11Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 12 users

Behemoth

Trakanon Raider

I’ve been shopping off and on for a new PC or even a gaming laptop since this GPU gen was still in speculation mode. I have only played path of exile, killing floor, left 4 dead 2, Everquest TLPs and world of warcraft classic in the past 3 years which is why I haven’t bought anything yet. I just don’t need the power, just want it for no valid reason.