NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Digital Foundry (p)review of FSR. Says it’s only useful at 4k with ultra Q setting because it doesn’t preserve texture/interior detail as good as TAA and DLSS 2.

FSR leaves a lot to be desired in their comparison to TAA. (shown at min 11 in the video)

Durante prefers Digital Foundry assessment.

0D4FE438-BB87-4A5C-98BD-7429A0C1781F.jpeg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Digital Foundry (p)review of FSR. Says it’s only useful at 4k with ultra Q setting because it doesn’t preserve texture/interior detail as good as TAA and DLSS 2.

FSR leaves a lot to be desired in their comparison to TAA. (shown at min 11 in the video)

Durante prefers Digital Foundry assessment.

View attachment 359448

Idk nor care who Durante is - but even i wont take DF over tech jesus - newp - hardware unboxed showed footage of their comparisons as well and you could hardly notice the difference until it went below quality. I do agree that FSR is best at 4k but even then what it offers vs what nvidia offers for a wider range and non hardware restricted tech? no comparison

nu_11

Idk nor care who Durante is - but even i wont take DF over tech jesus - newp - hardware unboxed showed footage of their comparisons as well and you could hardly notice the difference until it went below quality. I do agree that FSR is best at 4k but even then what it offers vs what nvidia offers for a wider range and non hardware restricted tech? no comparison
The DF footage comparing FSR and TAA showed noticeable FSR blurriness. Doesn’t matter what you claim you don’t see, it’s very obvious.

All your arguments are based on claims of ignorance.

• 1Picard

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
The DF footage comparing FSR and TAA showed noticeable FSR blurriness. Doesn’t matter what you claim you don’t see, it’s very obvious.

All your arguments are based on claims of ignorance.

Duh? they all add a hint of blurriness - did you think there would be none? However so what? did you expect frames without giving up something along the way? Peddle your whiny cunt elsewhere. Fact remains its still a gain across the board for a wide range of cards, far more than a certain other company that claims it would only be possible with tensor cores. Go dickride elsewhere, DLSS does the same, did you notice there was no DLSS vs FSR shown for quality by setting? Have you taken the dick out your ass long enough to read the comments from that video? I kinda bet you havent -

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Doesn’t matter what you claim you don’t see, it’s very obvious.

No it is not obvious. As all these reviews were running side by sides, I was like WTF am I looking for here? Not until they literally zoomed in and highlighted it, or even went still photo could I see a noticeable difference on the top two quality settings at 4k and 1440p.

Also the LTT vid had one dev saying they implemented FSR for their game in HOURS.

AMD just put a foot up Nvidia's ass.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
No it is not obvious. As all these reviews were running side by sides, I was like WTF am I looking for here? Not until they literally zoomed in and highlighted it, or even went still photo could I see a noticeable difference on the top two quality settings at 4k and 1440p.

Also the LTT vid had one dev saying they implemented FSR for their game in HOURS.

AMD just put a foot up Nvidia's ass.
I agree. Maybe if we were there looking at his 4k screen in person, but I could only notice slight differences on mine. Either way the tech is cool, being able to upscale your shit to 4k resolutions and still maintain solid frames is the holy grail right now in gaming.

• 1Like

nu_11

Duh? they all add a hint of blurriness - did you think there would be none? However so what? did you expect frames without giving up something along the way? Peddle your whiny cunt elsewhere. Fact remains its still a gain across the board for a wide range of cards, far more than a certain other company that claims it would only be possible with tensor cores. Go dickride elsewhere, DLSS does the same, did you notice there was no DLSS vs FSR shown for quality by setting? Have you taken the dick out your ass long enough to read the comments from that video? I kinda bet you havent -
Hey mouthbreather, the point is that TAA has better image quality than FSR while being of similar performance. TAA is already available to AMD hardware so why would developers choose FSR over TAA? Lots of AMD simps trying to justify their 5700 XT.

Theres no reason to compare FSR vs DLSS because DLSS 2.0 is already better than TAA. If FSR cant beat TAA then FSR is dead in the water.

fsrvstaa.png

5e92hn.jpg

• 5Worf
  • 4Like
Reactions: 8 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I have to agree, FSR does not look very good in those shots from DF.

I play almost every game without any kind of AA because the aliased outlines make it easier to track targets.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I ran the benchmark for Godfall @5120x1400.
Epic settings.
Ray tracing is on for top. Raytracing off for the bottom.
Left FSR off. Right FSR On.

image_2021-06-23_100249.png
bbbbbbbbb.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Hey mouthbreather, the point is that TAA has better image quality than FSR while being of similar performance. TAA is already available to AMD hardware so why would developers choose FSR over TAA? Lots of AMD simps trying to justify their 5700 XT.

Theres no reason to compare FSR vs DLSS because DLSS 2.0 is already better than TAA. If FSR cant beat TAA then FSR is dead in the water.

View attachment 359483

5e92hn.jpg

Did this dumb mfer just screen grab off compressed youtube video OF A 1080p comparison? Hey dickless wonder everyone knows FSR @ 1080p is pointless you retard. I even said FSR @ 1080p is pointless -

loooooooooooooooooooool

Anyways ignoring the virgins

• 1Worf