NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Will still force download the Win11 installer and schedule it without telling you even though you can't use it and brick your machine unless you opt out and then probably need a third party tool to forceably kill it cause accidents happen otherwise. Microsoft! *jazz hands*

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
your mobo apparently needs TPM 2.0 support to run win11, mines probably too old. TPM is some chip bootup security stuff aka chinese backdoor

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It's probably just not turned on in BIOS by default, most homebrew computers aren't.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Hopefully some of you are taking this time to snatch GPUs - GPUs havent been around this price for 4-5 months - If eth climbs back or that new currency comes about the prices may go back up - I’ve seen some 3070s as low as 1050 and ti’s as low as 1100. I’m hoping more than anything the crazy AIB prices on 6000 series are fixed.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Hopefully some of you are taking this time to snatch GPUs - GPUs havent been around this price for 4-5 months - If eth climbs back or that new currency comes about the prices may go back up - I’ve seen some 3070s as low as 1050 and ti’s as low as 1100. I’m hoping more than anything the crazy AIB prices on 6000 series are fixed.
China shuts down a massive amount of crypto farming and suddenly GPUs become more available/cheaper. Inderdasting..

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
China shuts down a massive amount of crypto farming and suddenly GPUs become more available/cheaper. Inderdasting..

China also said they’re ok with crypto they can control and they 100% want crypto - secondly someone else is starting up yet another cryptocurrency - Botters are still buying supply up before you see it online so they wont change - supply will still vanish

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Everyone involved in crypto should be fed feet first into a woodchipper.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Molten Core Raider
My 4 month old PC cant do Windows 11 either. Apparently my MSI motherboard doesnt do the TPM thing out of the box. If that's the problem, I'd have to buy a module to plug into the mobo itself. Nah, Im good with Windows 10 i think...

• 1Cringe

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
My 4 month old PC cant do Windows 11 either. Apparently my MSI motherboard doesnt do the TPM thing out of the box. If that's the problem, I'd have to buy a module to plug into the mobo itself. Nah, Im good with Windows 10 i think...
Lots of people are saying TPM isn't turned on by default on most BIOS, so you have to go and turn it on and then it works. It has some interesting features, but probably worth waiting 6-10months for the obvious shit to get ironed out anyway.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
China also said they’re ok with crypto they can control and they 100% want crypto - secondly someone else is starting up yet another cryptocurrency - Botters are still buying supply up before you see it online so they wont change - supply will still vanish
Supply will vanish, sure. But demand is falling out because a ton of crypto got shut down. Naturally, that's going to drive down prices and botters are going to cost themselves a ton of money as they do.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Supply will vanish, sure. But demand is falling out because a ton of crypto got shut down. Naturally, that's going to drive down prices and botters are going to cost themselves a ton of money as they do.
8A9B9A30-8F14-4C64-945D-C6A78B763B71.jpeg

• 4Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

Maybe, hard to say since demand is still decently high it will settle at some point. 6800XT and 6900XT are still good reselling direct from AMD

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Just imagine if all that computing power over the last 10 or so years of crypto was being used for scientific reasons.
Remember SETI from before crypto? Good times searching for ET.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Just imagine if all that computing power over the last 10 or so years of crypto was being used for scientific reasons.
What a stupid take, just imagine x I don't like and what could of happened if it didn't exist. The crypto market went from nothing to a trillion plus dollars in a decade but let's just ignore that because I don't like it uses power.

When you look around at all the resources running social media sites and what that got us I'll take crypto every time.

• 1Like