NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Feel bad almost for coworker that bought a pre built with a 2070 I think for like 1200/1500. Could tell he was seeking validation when I started to tell him he'd want to upgrade it next year maybe. Hoping his rig will run battlefield 2042 well.

I need to take a closer look at my own, still got Brahma's 1080ti which is fine, but still get little micro stutters or less than perfect performance in a few things, need to figure out where my bottleneck is or would simply getting a 3xxxti is plenty.

spronk

FPS noob

usually I can tell the difference between RTX on/off (reflections in water) but lol both look the same to me

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nemesis

Bridgeburner
yeah, I saw a couple of minor differences in the first example, and fewer and fewer as the clip went on.
definitely difficult to distinguish at max rez on a large monitor.

Janx

<Silver Donator>

usually I can tell the difference between RTX on/off (reflections in water) but lol both look the same to me
This is just DLSS and not raytracing? Just showing performance increase with DLSS upscaling.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
a lot say RTX OFF on left and RTX ON with DLSS as well on right, so its not only the RTX "fps hit" but then the FPS gain from DLSS

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
a lot say RTX OFF on left and RTX ON with DLSS as well on right, so its not only the RTX "fps hit" but then the FPS gain from DLSS
I think its just poor marketing since I think you need an RTX card for DLSS (or at least DLSS 2.0). The RTX logo threw me off too and had to look closer to figure out exactly what they were trying to sell in the vids.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
There's no way RTX is disabled on the left and enabled on the right. That has to be mislabeled. Right? They look the same.

I guess I can tell a difference when I force the YT video to 4k but god damn.

Sludig

to be fair the Rockstar engine is pretty shitty with HDR, at launch HDR on consoles was completely broken so I'd assume their RTX implementation is not great either

3080 prebuilt PC available at best buy, $2k
Im way behind on what's good since my tower is 5 years old. For only 2k given current cars situation, makes me wonder is there not some cut corners and processor or ram quality, or something kinda lacking

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Te proc is good, about the same as a AMD Ryzen 5800. 16 gig ram is decent, they dont list the speed but I dont thing it matters that much on a intel system as it does on a Ryzen. It mentions its an air cooled system so probably means a cheap ass air cooler on proc. No mention of what the PSU is. Storage is ample although if a gamer you would probably want a bigger SSD for games at some point.

Biggest thing about this PC is to cooling IMO. Small case, not a lot of fans, people in comments saying it runs like jet engine, etc... People in comments also saying there is no air intake fans, lol. I also have this proc on my system with a 240mm All in One cooler and it blows some heat out the top, lol. I would say this proc runs hot, as do the new Ryzens.

So with this thing I would...

New case and fans $100+
new AIO $100
add SSD $100

Last edited:

Sludig

Te proc is good, about the same as a AMD Ryzen 5800. 16 gig ram is decent, they dont list the speed but I dont thing it matters that much on a intel system as it does on a Ryzen. It mentions its an air cooled system so probably means a cheap ass air cooler on proc. No mention of what the PSU is. Storage is ample although if a gamer you would probably want a bigger SSD for games at some point.

Biggest thing about this PC is to cooling IMO. Small case, not a lot of fans, people in comments saying it runs like jet engine, etc... People in comments also saying there is no air intake fans, lol. I also have this proc on my system with a 240mm All in One cooler and it blows some heat out the top, lol. I would say this proc runs hot, as do the new Ryzens.

So with this thing I would...

New case and fans $100+
new AIO $100
add SSD $100
Fans though would be a cheap upgrade to add more unless the case is flat out lacking ports.

Almost splurge jump but also fighting myself because currently i don't have a huge need for it. Just wonder how much better tarkov might run out whether I'll struggle with new battlefield.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Its good components just wrapped up in a shit case with shit cooling. Read the comments, people say it throttles at 1-2 hrs of gaming, temps of proc are 95c+ And that thing when cooled properly will not struggle with any games for the foreseeable future, lol. That 3080 and i7 11700 will shit on games.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Most BBs have over 100 FEs - i may try to go in after open tomorrow to look for scraps

spronk

FPS noob
Most BBs have over 100 FEs - i may try to go in after open tomorrow to look for scraps

the stock numbers people are reporting for ALL nvidia cards in stock tomorrow, ~200-300 per store but across all 8 cards or whatever. For 3080FEs it seems to be more in the 40-70 range, which is still pretty huge

if you live in any urban city tho you'll need to stand in line tonight to get one, most likely lol

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
LOL just did a drive by my Best Buy with my kids just to check it out and there is already 200+ peeps camping. And this is deep suburb of detroit, Novi MI.

Last edited:

Sludig

I also havn't been watching closely, with the release of various new editions etc. Is there any sort of all in one nice chart for roughly performance and dollar amount (if by some miracle you dont buy marked up)

Like is the 3080 a better sweet spot for the money as opposed to a 3070 ti/fe whatever. Trying to at least nail down what I want and let myself start looking in a few months and see if things continue to snail pace improve.

• 1Like