NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think the 3080 is def the sweet spot at $800 MSRP. The 3070s are like $600 MSRP. But it depends what display youre running too. If 1080p then you dont need 3080 but if 1440p the 3070 can still run it well but the 3080 will step in and be better. Stay away from the ti since its shit this go around. Like 8%-10% more performance for like $300 more.

So basically
1080p ------- 3070 I get 166 fps in Destiny 2 all ultra (166mhz refresh)
1440p-------- 3070 or 3080 with 3080 better frames, duh.,
4K ------------- 3080

Last edited:

ili

Blackwing Lair Raider
Most BBs have over 100 FEs - i may try to go in after open tomorrow to look for scraps
Same.
I drove by my local bb today around 4pm and they only had about 20 people camping out. Will check back at 7am. If there are less than 100 people i'll wait, but there is no way I'm camping out for a gpu, not that thirsty.

In a few months these things will probably be on sale everywhere.

ili

Blackwing Lair Raider
My only reasoning for this is that all the covid relief ends in sept. (eviction ban, unemployment benefits and food stamp boost are ending) The age group that I saw sitting in line at best buy earlier today were all around 20-25 years old, the group that is getting paid more to sit home than to work. We will see. Also that ban in china, and crypto not doing so well.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

dizzie

Triggered Happy
A return to the normality where you can just visit a website or walk into a shop and buy a card off the street (instantly for MSRP) still seems like it's at least a year + away to me. Doubt you'll get a card for its MSRP even then, you'll still pay a premium, just not as much as currently. As for the upcoming next gen cards, not a fucking chance for most of us I fear.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
My only reasoning for this is that all the covid relief ends in sept. (eviction ban, unemployment benefits and food stamp boost are ending) The age group that I saw sitting in line at best buy earlier today were all around 20-25 years old, the group that is getting paid more to sit home than to work. We will see. Also that ban in china, and crypto not doing so well.
I don’t want to turn this thread political but I think this fall the media will crank the Covid fear back on and we will see shut downs, masks, and more money printing bullshit. I hope not but I don’t have faith in government giving up their new handout excuse.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
yeah shortages aren't ending anytime soon, the boom and thirst is real for everything with chips worldwide and thats cars, consoles, GPUs, PCs, phones, everything. Whatever less demand may be there in USA is soaked and exceeded by demand elsewhere in the world. Shortages are gonna continue for years. The 40xx model line of GPUs is due out late 2022 and will be double in performance of 3090 for base models, so closer to that is when the value of a 3080 will be minimal.

when it does end it'll be because of a 1929/1987 style market crash and global depression, it'll happen eventually but who knows when, where, how long, why, etc. Could be 1 year, could be 15 years away.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
One of the railroads is halting shipments from CA docks/terminals for a short period for them to catch up. Yeah the backlog isn't going anywhere soon.

ili

Blackwing Lair Raider
Left my house at 6:30am, arrived at Best Buy at 6:37am, counted about 85 people in line, decided to wait knowing they had about 150 cards. Was able to score a 3070 TI, fuckers handed out tickets at 7:30 but didn't open up till 9am, got home at 9:45am.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The shut downs and everybody working from home do not help either. Tons of people buying computers and other devices to use at home. And im willing to bet my left nut we will se another stay at home order ready for the next election cycle in 22.

• 1Midwit

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
No one is saying that its going to be over in a month but the idea is that by Q1 of 22, you will be able to buy things again at close to MSRP, so six months. The shortage wasn't chips per se but substrate, and that is becoming available again. Cars, etc. are expected to be back this fall; Bitcoin is under 30k, all crypto is falling, people are going back to work, while they are spinning up the Delta fear machine, there isn't going to be the same appetite for lockdowns this year.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I can't find a 20x or 30x under $900 in my country. Le sigh

• 1Solidarity

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
0 chance the government let's the eviction ban lift. It's possible the unemployment stuff might go away, but evicting millions of people that haven't paid rent in over a year whom now have nothing to lose? LOL, that's a nightmare scenario for politicians.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Sent gf, and mom up to BB at 10:14, got a 3080 and 3090 while all i did was lay in bed on pain meds - fuck lines

• 1Like