NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Ive got W11 running on 3 devices not including my main PC and i like it quite a bit. I run too many other things on my main rig to risk using it here yet but on laptops and gf pc it runs very nice.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Nice monitor but for me it’s strictly ultra wide. Ultra wide or go home. Girth for life.
I was all-in on Ultrawide when I had my LG as my "main monitor". I recently bought a Lenovo non-ultrawide because it was part of a package deal with a 5900x(almost impossible to find otherwise at the time).

I honestly don't miss the Ultrawide at all. Rarely ever notice. It'd be different if there was more support for it, but there just isn't, and half the time it ended up being a huge hassle to get some shit working.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I was all-in on Ultrawide when I had my LG as my "main monitor". I recently bought a Lenovo non-ultrawide because it was part of a package deal with a 5900x(almost impossible to find otherwise at the time).

I honestly don't miss the Ultrawide at all. Rarely ever notice. It'd be different if there was more support for it, but there just isn't, and half the time it ended up being a huge hassle to get some shit working.
That’s why I kept my 27” LG monitor just in case for those games that doesn’t support ultra wide. Thankfully every game I have in my Steam library plays on my 34” without issues.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
For most people's use cases, this is probably the best all-around monitor right now:

Or it's slightly cheaper, USB-hub-lacking sibling:

They both have the same panel but there appears to be some kind of binning where the lower binned panels become the cheaper model, with no USB ports.

Tax free weekend is coming up and includes Monitors now. Might give this one a look if there are any local at my BB. Otherwise may see what UWs they have.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
For most people's use cases, this is probably the best all-around monitor right now:

They both have the same panel but there appears to be some kind of binning where the lower binned panels become the cheaper model, with no USB ports.
hungry lick GIF

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Neg - the only way id consider anything under 38 is if it was OLED - i am really waiting on OLED displays with 120hz to shrink down a bit.

Nola

Trakanon Raider

This is the 27” LG model I’m using along with my 34”. It’s a great monitor

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
What is the longevity on those Oled? I read abotu that shit way back when it was still in infancy and they said those organic pixels would not last as long as traditional ones. Back in that time I think they had problems with specific colors.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>

I cannot imagine a world where a 27" monitor, regardless of specs, is the best all around monitor. I would probably take a 34" 60 Hz monitor over a 27" 240 Hz monitor even

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like having two monitors so it’s hard for me to imagine Id like one 34” vs two 27”, and it’s a pretty expensive experiment to see if I like it…

Last edited:
  • 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
i went from 3 27" to a single 34" two years ago and love it, zero ragrets and I really, really do prefer a single monitor to multiple. Only reason I'd go back to multiple is for specific cases like hardcore coding, spreadsheets, stock trading graphs, or of course multiboxing

re: OLED burnin, its not really an issuee anymore unless you leave your screen on to the same TV channel or MMO UI for like 8 hours a day. I've had a 2017 LG OLED for 5 years now almost now and zero issues, its been on around 18k hours and used 8 hours a day with consoles or watching movies/TV. The latest models from LG are even better.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Absolutely love my 34" Alienware. That being said, I desperately need to get a 2nd monitor for multi-task shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah no problems with my oled either and it's on like 12 hours a day. I use the 65 inch c9 as my computer monitor.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Looked at some of the UW today at Best Buy and not sure I can make that work with the multiple excel and rdp windows. Feels like I need those on independent monitors and not tiles windows in a larger ultra wide. But I’ve never actually done it so who knows.

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm

This product cannot be shipped to the states of California, Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Vermont or Washington due to power consumption regulations adopted by those states. Any orders placed that are bound for those states will be canceled.

What kinds of faggotry is this?

• 4Worf
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 4 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>

This product cannot be shipped to the states of California, Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Vermont or Washington due to power consumption regulations adopted by those states. Any orders placed that are bound for those states will be canceled.

What kinds of faggotry is this?
Communists get what they deserve!

This is pretty hilarious though. So can you not buy high capacity power supplies in those states?

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users