NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

nox14zl.jpg

Nice, my first card was a 5500, wish I would have kept that thing.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I thought nvidia bought 3dfx or am I getting something mixed up?
They did 20 years ago. They bought all of 3dfxs ip and I'd assume branding which is why this is almost certainly a troll job.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
WAN Show was talking about Gamer's Nexus has a video saying that some of the PSU's bundled with video cards from New Egg have a super high catastrophic failure rate. So be careful

• 1Worf

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

That’s the video they posted a few days ago. PSUs from Gigabyte. Steve also mentioned on his live stream tonight that Gigabyte was also hacked this week hah.

• 1Like

Kiki

Log Wizard
I keep hearing about how great nuclear energy is now with the thorium reactors but there’s very little actually being done. Why don’t one of these assholes like bezos start funding a few because the govt is never going to get it done

I attended a presentation with a Bezos dude. They were developing new reactors but couldn't get the govt to agree to let them build a prototype on US soil, so they had to build it in China, then covid happened so that didn't work either.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
IDK how but i walked into MC today and they had 1 3080 and i walked out with it. I also got my liquid devil ultimare ordered to replace my 3090 FE w/ EKWB special edition black water block.

Yeah im ditching the 3090 for the 6900XT - and its a change ive wanted to do for months but only for that particular card and nothing else.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
IDK how but i walked into MC today and they had 1 3080 and i walked out with it. I also got my liquid devil ultimare ordered to replace my 3090 FE w/ EKWB special edition black water block.

Yeah im ditching the 3090 for the 6900XT - and its a change ive wanted to do for months but only for that particular card and nothing else.

Why the swap man?

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm

That’s the video they posted a few days ago. PSUs from Gigabyte. Steve also mentioned on his live stream tonight that Gigabyte was also hacked this week hah.
My newegg combo with a Gigabyte 3090 back in like Nov 2020 came with the dreaded P850GM.

• 1GreNeg

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Why the swap man?

Oh i just hate the 12pin connector and i want more RGB! I got the 3x8 pin strimmers waiting on my 6900XT! Also i NEVER use RT or DLSS - ever so i wont notice any difference.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Well it’s mostly done, I need to tweak the insides and COMPLETELY redo the wiring you can’t see because calling it a mess is an understatement.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Pretty interesting that tsmc will be making the gpu chips for intel.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Dont discount Intel yet bros. They might be a few nano meters behind, but their current 10nm procs are just as good as AMD (tsmc) 7nm And now that finally AMD is back, the prices have to be competitive. Once they get their processes down to minus some nanos, their shit will be just as viable as ever if not even more than AMD.

• 1Worf