NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
It spiraled out. These guys play hardball.

Bunch of infuriating details of the in-store manager conversation missing.

He threw 16 or 17 year old kids in the way while I'm still talking about the refund, knowing I won't blast off in front of little kids.

I can't talk about the details of the tactics used to get me to accept the rig, but they are trained in how to manage customers and they were able to mitigate a lot. They used every trick to deescalate including pretending like he was kicking his own employees ass and really taking names on my behalf.

I spent an hour kicking the managers ass and chewing out the techs and Microcenter.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

Bunch of infuriating details of the instore manager conversation missing.

He threw 16 or 17 year old kids in the way while I'm still talking about the refund, knowing I won't blast off in front of little kids.

I can't talk about the details of the tactics used to get me to accept the rig, but they are trained in how to manage customers and they were able to mitigate a lot.

I spent an hour kicking the managers ass and chewing out the techs and Microcenter.

That makes no sense if you acknowledge and see what they were doing man. You're smarter than that to let that BS sway you. What state are you in? If it's Massachusetts I will gladly go up to Microcenter with you and we will walk out of there with your full refund...IF that's what you really want.

Clearly you want this new PC right NOW, and are willing to make compromises regardless how bad they are. Patience would have went a long way here.

Tomorrow, clear your head. Write down what you want to say. SAY IT, when you get to the store, and get to speak with a manager. Take nothing less than a full refund. If they try and push back, or give excuses, ignore them and just keep saying you want a full refund. No matter what they say. You want a full refund.

You always have the last option to charge it back to your CC company. Here in Massachusetts threating with the AG office works wonders in situations like this. Just need to show up with some paperwork if things really get bad. At the end of the day, they sold you a faulty product. They know it. They will blink 1st.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard

I can't talk about the details of the tactics used to get me to accept the rig, but they are trained in how to manage customers and they were able to mitigate a lot. They used every trick to deescalate including pretending like he was kicking his own employees ass and really taking names on my behalf.

Microcenter plays hardball?

Grow some balls, man.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That makes no sense if you acknowledge and see what they were doing man. You're smarter than that to let that BS sway you. What state are you in? If it's Massachusetts I will gladly go up to Microcenter with you and we will walk out of there with your full refund...IF that's what you really want.

Clearly you want this new PC right NOW, and are willing to make compromises regardless how bad they are. Patience would have went a long way here.

Tomorrow, clear your head. Write down what you want to say. SAY IT, when you get to the store, and get to speak with a manager. Take nothing less than a full refund. If they try and push back, or give excuses, ignore them and just keep saying you want a full refund. No matter what they say. You want a full refund.

You always have the last option to charge it back to your CC company. Here in Massachusetts threating with the AG office works wonders in situations like this. Just need to show up with some paperwork if things really get bad. At the end of the day, they sold you a faulty product. They know it. They will blink 1st.

They took the Windows 10 ripoff off the bill, plus a 80 dollar dissatisfied customer credit.

I was willing to take the rig at that point since it was "ready".

We discussed the overspend and I decided to let it go since he was hiding behind kids at that point for cover because he knew I couldn't assign blame to them. The rig is still an OK price if you use the old PSU prices from yesteryear.

Goals now would be working rig + full build cost refunded. Would net a few hundred dollars in savings total.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
They took the Windows 10 ripoff off the bill, plus a 80 dollar dissatisfied customer credit.

I was willing to take the rig at that point since it was "ready".

We discussed the overspend and I decided to let it go since he was hiding behind kids at that point for cover because he knew I couldn't assign blame to them. The rig is still an OK price if you use the old PSU prices from yesteryear.

Goals now would be working rig + full build cost refunded. Would net a few hundred dollars in savings total.

jayrebb jayrebb STOP trying to justify/compromise. Go get your money back man. You will feel much better about this whole fiasco if you do. PLUS you get to build a rig that is much more bang for your buck.

d81c27f0b9200793e19c69871d395972.gif

• 4Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 4 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
jayrebb jayrebb STOP trying to justify/compromise. Go get your money back man. You will feel much better about this whole fiasco if you do. PLUS you get to build a rig that is much more bang for your buck.

View attachment 378817

different when you have the build already in possession.

20211025_001726.jpg

If I get the build cost refunded thats over 400+ total off.

I'd be comfortable with that result-- but won't be recommending MC anytime soon.

• 1Faggotry

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>

Look, its your money. People do less than optimum things with their money all the time. FOH can tell you what might be the objectively best thing to do, but we aren't the people you need to satisfy: It's you. Do you feed good about the transaction now? I know, you talked shit here and wah wah we want blood. But we didn't earn the money, and we didn't have to put up with the BS at the store, and we won't have to live with the issues with the machine if it fucks up: You will. And in the end, while we would all like to see the Man get what's coming to them and you get a good deal, if its a deal you can live with, so be it.

Be careful when you unleash the Dogs of FOH, though, for those dogs feed on drama and expect a good result. :)

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
different when you have the build already in possession.

View attachment 378819

If I get the build cost refunded thats over 400+ total off.

I'd be comfortable with that result-- but won't be recommending MC anytime soon.
Nope, pack it up and tell them you want a refund and it isn't working as desired.

From their site

"We guarantee your satisfaction with every product we sell in accordance with our return policy. If you are not fully satisfied with your purchase and want to return or exchange it, simply bring your undamaged item back to Micro Center* with its included accessories, materials, UPC, and packaging within the eligible timeframe, and let us help you with a replacement, return or repair if desired. No receipt necessary if you have a Micro Center Insider Account with us. This return policy also applies to open box purchases."

At this point whatever is happening it's because you're allowing or allowed it.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Right now I can see the CPU idle is going to be 52c without adjustments. Obviously no idea what it would be under load.

Not amazing. Not trash. But definitely suspicious, and something I'd have to troubleshoot to see if I can bring it down without hardware changes.

I'm guessing most of the enthusiasts here have a CPU idle lower than that.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
"I followed your advice but this computer isn't what I wanted. I'd like to get the one I originally requested."

So weird it's like you're dealing with car salesmen.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I wish I had bodycam of it. You wouldn't believe it.

These guys clearly do a large volume of sales and hustled 10,000 people already.

Manager even did the classic storm off in the middle of talking and act like he's beating employees in the back. Now I realize he was having them finish the rig in 5 minutes.

Then he grabs some kids that have nothing to do with it and he pulls up a stool and sits BEHIND them.

Literally human shielding himself from the continuation of where our conversation was going. These kids looked 15 and were in some type of bondage to Microcenter.

"look in these kids eyes man, they worked hard on this"

Fucking A.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Manager also pearl-clutched when I asked to speak somewhere else.

Near-audible gasp-- as if it was not necessary, and I was making too serious a request to talk privately.

Manipulative.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Manipulative.

You realize it yet allow it. Goddamn man.

How much money and time have you spent with travel costs? Making more trips back and forth is just throwing good money after bad.

Bring all the boxes with you and demand further discounts for for the time and money. If they don't give them, insist on a full refund.

Stop being a doormat.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Bring all the boxes with you and demand further discounts for for the time and money. If they don't give them, insist on a full refund.

Stop being a doormat.
I'm not familiar with what a chargeback entails for both the customer and the company (I know companies get hit with fees and their payment processor statistics can get them kicked out, but what about the CC holder?). But given the shit you've been peddled and the way it was, I'd go straight for the most painful way of dealing with it. Anything that hits the manager's bonus will do.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm not familiar with what a chargeback entails for both the customer and the company (I know companies get hit with fees and their payment processor statistics can get them kicked out, but what about the CC holder?). But given the shit you've been peddled and the way it was, I'd go straight for the most painful way of dealing with it. Anything that hits the manager's bonus will do.

Chargebacks are generally the nuclear option. The CC company won't like doing it as they have to do a some investigation in to the matter, which costs them time and money. The merchant will also sometimes refuse to do business with you ever again, or at least never accept the card you used.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Right now I can see the CPU idle is going to be 52c without adjustments. Obviously no idea what it would be under load.

Man... my 5600X right now is 53c under load while playing Destiny, using an AIO I got from Amazon for 90 bucks inside of my mini-ITX case that has such little breathing room the panels hardly fit on. My 3070 sits at 49c idle and 54c load. You got fucked so bad. Get your money back, get "future proofing" out of your head and save three thousand fucking dollars. 650w SFX (slim) PSU btw.

spronk

FPS noob
everyone: get a refund, don't take the pc
jayrebb: so what I did was start blasting out money and taking in huge loads, but i could feel them breaking under all the money i was giving them

can internet forums petition for welfare checks for US citizens

• 1Like
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Not amazing. Not trash. But definitely suspicious, and something I'd have to troubleshoot to see if I can bring it down without hardware changes.

I'm guessing most of the enthusiasts here have a CPU idle lower than that.
Not to pile on but that seems terrible to me for what you paid for that and the components. My $1800 PC is 33-38 idle, and around 51-53 under load on my most graphically intense game, CP2077. I can open up tons of browsers and iTunes and stuff and get it to 60-65. I just have a Bequiet Fan on my CPU, no water cooling.

Personalities are different but honestly those tactics they used would have pissed me off even more into demanding full refund. I hate car salesmen bullshit tactics with a burning passion. They start using them on me I dig in and start saying no after everything they say.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
everyone: get a refund, don't take the pc
jayrebb: so what I did was start blasting out money and taking in huge loads, but i could feel them breaking under all the money i was giving them

can internet forums petition for welfare checks for US citizens

Lol

Not to pile on but that seems terrible to me for what you paid for that and the components. My $1800 PC is 33-38 idle, and around 51-53 under load on my most graphically intense game, CP2077. I can open up tons of browsers and iTunes and stuff and get it to 60-65. I just have a Bequiet Fan on my CPU, no water cooling.

Personalities are different but honestly those tactics they used would have pissed me off even more into demanding full refund. I hate car salesmen bullshit tactics with a burning passion. They start using them on me I dig in and start saying no after everything they say.
To be fair 5950x does run warmish - i also wonder if they enabled PBO on his, but i doubt it -

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I should’ve said I’m on a 3700x and it won’t be apples to apples. I personally would not be happy with running that warm with an AIO installed.