NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Not to pile on but that seems terrible to me for what you paid for that and the components. My $1800 PC is 33-38 idle, and around 51-53 under load on my most graphically intense game, CP2077. I can open up tons of browsers and iTunes and stuff and get it to 60-65. I just have a Bequiet Fan on my CPU, no water cooling.

Personalities are different but honestly those tactics they used would have pissed me off even more into demanding full refund. I hate car salesmen bullshit tactics with a burning passion. They start using them on me I dig in and start saying no after everything they say.

AMD 5800X. I'm at 48c idle with a quiet fan profile. 35c or so under a balanced fan profile. That's with an AIO Corsair 240mm setup. Think these 5xxx run a little hotter than 3xxx.

Exactly!! It really pissed me off. They tried talking me into buying the moon. Wouldn't listen to anything I said. UNTIL I started scaling back and nitpicking on price matches.

1635167163022.png

Last edited:

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
AMD 5800X. I'm at 48c idle with a quiet fan profile. 35c or so under a balanced fan profile. That's with an AIO Corsair 240mm setup. Think these 5xxx run a little hotter than 3xxx.

Exactly!! It really pissed me off. They tried talking me into buying the moon. Wouldn't listen to anything I said. UNTIL I started scaling back and nitpicking on price matches.

View attachment 378848
I usually shoo off sales people in store, I'm actually taking the 75 min trip tomorrow to do a return.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Anything under 70° is more than fine though, even 70-80° is within acceptable ranges, might wear a bit easier but that's only for super long term. There's basically no difference between running at 30 and running at 60, unless you're planning to overclock.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Anything under 70° is more than fine though, even 70-80° is within acceptable ranges, might wear a bit easier but that's only for super long term. There's basically no difference between running at 30 and running at 60, unless you're planning to overclock.

GIF by Hyper RPG

When my cpu hits 59 i start to worry i need more radiators lol - the 6900 Liquid Devil has not hit 50 yet since i got it and runs much colder than the 3090 with ekwb FE plate - Maybe those temps are fine but after you mindlessly throw almost if not more than 2k in cooling in a system it had better never hit 60 celsius!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I don’t want a Mist Mist sauna for a gaming room.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

Winter time tho the heat is useful no lie. Before i left Miami id have killed for my current system just because id always end up making the room hotter than id like. However in winter up here we keep systems running 24/7 just to keep basement warmer.

Kiki

Log Wizard
Meanwhile, I just had my coffee and let the PC be delivered to my brother's house. 9 days including shipping with a 3080 to his door (says 2 week lead time and a no rush coupon), didn't talk to a single person. $2500. You got fleeced hard, bend over and spread those cheeks.

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I feel alot of people can get easily dragged into a "good" persons sales technique - When i went to buy my SUV i was determined to get AWD but 3 hours later i was leaving without it - shit happens especially if you havent bought many cars previously. I will assume jay isnt "too" tech savvy to be able to bombard the sales guy back. However good practice is going into the swamp that is BestBuy and navigating through all the annoyances who try to sell you shit. His MC is interesting because ive only gone in twice for a full build but the guys who i spoke to were much more passive and only cared enough to put their name on every item you are buying for their commission or whatever they do. His experience feels more like a BestBuy experience with all the senseless upselling they were doing.

The 1300 PSU recommendation they did is baffling and i myself would feel the need for a 1000 PSU if i didnt know a 850+ Plat would do the job with no issues at all previously. Honestly i had a 700 watt on it for a month when it was a 3600 and not the 5950x so the actual wattage use is not high at all when you dont OC anything.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Meanwhile, I just had my coffee and let the PC be delivered to my brother's house. 9 days including shipping with a 3080 to his door (says 2 week lead time and a no rush coupon), didn't talk to a single person. $2500. You got fleeced hard, bend over and spread those cheeks.

You have to be a tad more specific than you got a system with a 3080 in it man. For all we know your case could have a milk crate for a case.

List or it didn't happen!

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
As a random thought, monitor setup is relevant to cooling. My PC definitely started running a little warmer when I went from 1080 144hz + 1440 144hz to 1440 144hz + 4k 60hz. Lots more pixels to drive

Kiki

Log Wizard
You have to be a tad more specific than you got a system with a 3080 in it man. For all we know your case could have a milk crate for a case.

List or it didn't happen!

Yeah it's in a fucking milk crate, that's one of the 30 options from cyberpower. He got a lian li, you pick your case, pick your mobo, get some better ram, put a coupon on, and AMAZING it comes to your door. I could give 2 flying fucks whether you believe that or not. He didn't need a crazy processor so he got one for $2500 on fall sale, with coupon. I already linked an example with a 3080 and an i9 for $2700 that you can customize to your hearts content, I'm sure you can figure it out:

HOMEBOY GOT FLEECED.

spronk

FPS noob
come to spronk's anime waifu pc builder emporium, where big titty bitches build your pcs in front of you. all case designs come with anime waifus!!

• 5Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 5 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Yeah it's in a fucking milk crate, that's one of the 30 options from cyberpower. He got a lian li, you pick your case, pick your mobo, get some better ram, put a coupon on, and AMAZING it comes to your door. I could give 2 flying fucks whether you believe that or not. He didn't need a crazy processor so he got one for $2500 on fall sale, with coupon. I already linked an example with a 3080 and an i9 for $2700 that you can customize to your hearts content, I'm sure you can figure it out:

HOMEBOY GOT FLEECED.

monkey-relax-Wakandan.gif

• 1Worf
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 users

Kiki

Log Wizard
come to spronk's anime waifu pc builder emporium, where big titty bitches build your pcs in front of you. all case designs come with anime waifus!!

When I worked at Dell they gave us a tour of the desktop factory. Bunch of women getting paid $12 an hour to build PCs every 45 seconds with electric screwdrivers. Made me feel a bit tingly.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Temperature in the computer isn't relevant though? If your CPU goes down from 60 to 30, where do you think that heat goes? It doesn't magically disappear in the water. If anything the lower your computer is, the more heat is being transferred into your room. That's the whole point of cooling systems, they efficiently transfer the heat from inside your PC to outside of it. Which is your room.

Main difference is the components, stuff like Intel CPUs and the 2080 heat up like crazy, so they'll make your room into a sauna, but whether you have fans, water cooling or even no cooling at all, the heat is still being generated the same, it doesn't disappear. I guess having an overblown PSU would generate more heat too probably just from that but not sure how much it really does, it mostly comes down to the CPU/GPU.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Temperature in the computer isn't relevant though? If your CPU goes down from 60 to 30, where do you think that heat goes? It doesn't magically disappear in the water. If anything the lower your computer is, the more heat is being transferred into your room. That's the whole point of cooling systems, they efficiently transfer the heat from inside your PC to outside of it. Which is your room.

Main difference is the components, stuff like Intel CPUs and the 2080 heat up like crazy, so they'll make your room into a sauna, but whether you have fans, water cooling or even no cooling at all, the heat is still being generated the same, it doesn't disappear. I guess having an overblown PSU would generate more heat too probably just from that but not sure how much it really does, it mostly comes down to the CPU/GPU.
Well I was mainly just making a mist joke but I also meant I don’t want a chip that runs on the hot side as you’re blowing more heat out.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>

I mine coins to heat my room in the winter. The incandescent bulbs of the 21st century.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
To be fair 5950x does run warmish -
People comparing 5600 and 5800 temps to 5900 and 5950 is lol. More cores, higher L2 caches, higher boost speeds, etc. No fucking shit your 5600x runs at 30c idle and 50c under load, it has literally half the fuckin' cores of the 5900x and TEN less than a 5950x.
i also wonder if they enabled PBO on his, but i doubt it -
ASUS auto-enables PBO on pretty much all their boards and the entire reason to even get a fucking Dark Hero in the first place is because of its insane OCing potential.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user