NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
Just grabbed a 3080 Ti off Best Buy drop, tried 3080 FE (no luck) on phone app and Ti on desktop site, picked up in store next week. No TotalTech membership.

Now to build a new desktop around it… will a 1300w psu suffice?
1300w is plenty. I went with a 1000w and still have plenty of wiggle room.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
Would highly, highly recommend you do not buy the MSI MAG Core liquid cooler. I bought one to replace the tiny 120 aio that came with the pre-built Cyberpowerpc I bought and it is failing after about 4 months. It makes a terrible grinding noise if my cpu goes under load for more than a few minutes and if you read online this is not uncommon at all. The design they use (with the pump in the radiator instead of the block) is apparently very prone to forming air bubbles inside the pump, which is what causes the issue. Go with Corsair or NZXT or whatever, don't buy the MSI.
Noted. Sadly it's already a done deal and installed. I'll def keep you updated if it dies down the road. Out of curiosity how did you have yours mounted?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Noted. Sadly it's already a done deal and installed. I'll def keep you updated if it dies down the road. Out of curiosity how did you have yours mounted?
It's mounted horizontally at the top of the case, which is the only installation method MSI themselves recommend in the instruction manual, online or anywhere else that they mention the cooler. All of the documentation that comes with the AIO shows it top mounted and I'm pretty sure the installation instructions specifically tells you to only mount it at the top and not to front/side mount it

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
Yes I know the theory behind why the pump shouldn't be at the top. MSI claims their design (with the pump in the radiator instead of the block) solves this issue (as well as reduces vibration and increases product life). They tell you to top mount the radiator, which obviously means their design is intended for the pump to be at the top. My case is not compatible with a side or front mount for the radiator (well I could probably front mount it, but it would not be ideal and I'm relatively certain it would heat soak since there's only marginal ventilation in the front). Hopefully Jonun's case supports something other than top mount; then he can just ignore MSI's instructions and install wherever. In my case, I bought the MSI specifically because it calls for a top mount installation and that's what I needed for my case

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Newegg had a nice restock of gskill ddr5 mobo combos today. I hit f5 so much that I was banned in the end but I managed to get 3 kits of ddr5 6000 Trident for some builds.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Got the email my card was ready to be picked up at 8:15 pm, saw it at 8:20 - 30 minute drive later I’m picking this up while the guys at the service desk were drooling:

FE0E9446-5DE2-4B0F-B39A-5AFDA4CF9F24.jpeg

• 7Like
  • 1Weird Boner
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Got the email my card was ready to be picked up at 8:15 pm, saw it at 8:20 - 30 minute drive later I’m picking this up while the guys at the service desk were drooling:

View attachment 386647
The FE models are such an insane deal ever since the taxes went up and everything is crazy priced. FUCK I'm jelly!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
DDR5 in shuffle is such a scum move, alot of ram gets shuffle tags at random in the past weeks but this is the first time they actually listed it.

• 1Seriously?

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
It's mounted horizontally at the top of the case, which is the only installation method MSI themselves recommend in the instruction manual, online or anywhere else that they mention the cooler. All of the documentation that comes with the AIO shows it top mounted and I'm pretty sure the installation instructions specifically tells you to only mount it at the top and not to front/side mount it

I just want to go back to this so no one else makes this terrible purchase. The grinding noise finally drove me crazy enough to try my best to mount it vertically. With much cajoling I was able to get this AIO vertically mounted on the side of my case (where I have mesh ventilation). It failed. The AIO, in a vertical orientation, is apparently unable to pump fluid fast enough. My PC was idling at 95 degrees immediately upon startup, and within 2 minutes it shut down due to a thermal event (exceeded 100 degrees C, while idle). Do not buy MSI MAG Coreliquid coolers, whatever you do. Look them up on reddit, the grinding noise is extraordinarily prevalent. These things are pieces of garbage

Kiki

Log Wizard
I've had 2 corsair pumps die too. I kinda prefer air now, tired of dealing with that shit, I just pop a Noctua in. Sometimes the custom builders force it tho.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I just dont think AIO's are worth the effort. They cost more than some outstanding fans and the "cool factor" wears off pretty quick.

• 1Like