NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
eh, I've had my kraken x62 for a few years now over multiple build iterations without a single issue.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I just dont buy corsair - idt id ever go AIO again, if i want water temps i will go custom. However Noctua is the only other solution for me when it comes to going air,

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Bought the Arctic Freezer II for my recent 5900X build in a Fractal Design Torrent, works like a charm. 35°C idle.

I wouldn't buy a Corsair AIO though, my old H100i sucked balls and was a PITA to install. The Arctic Freezer on the other hand has all cabling inside the fabric covering the tubes, and you only need to connect it the CPU cooler connector on the motherboard, just like you'd do with an air cooler. No RGB lighting either, and it's cheaper than almost any other AIO coolers.

A+, would buy again.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
No RGB lighting either

QOuu.gif

• 1Solidarity

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Bought the Arctic Freezer II for my recent 5900X build in a Fractal Design Torrent, works like a charm. 35°C idle.

I wouldn't buy a Corsair AIO though, my old H100i sucked balls and was a PITA to install. The Arctic Freezer on the other hand has all cabling inside the fabric covering the tubes, and you only need to connect it the CPU cooler connector on the motherboard, just like you'd do with an air cooler. No RGB lighting either, and it's cheaper than almost any other AIO coolers.

A+, would buy again.

So you changed some of the fans to mount an AIO in a torrent?

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
  • 1Like

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
So you changed some of the fans to mount an AIO in a torrent?
Yes, though a 420 won't fit in front without modding the case. Replaced the front fans with the AIO ones. You need static pressure fans for the radiator anyway.

Info from here:

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Not really understanding the point of buying a Fractal Torrent for something other than an airflow build.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Yes, though a 420 won't fit in front without modding the case. Replaced the front fans with the AIO ones. You need static pressure fans for the radiator anyway.

Info from here:
No offense but why the hell did you get a torrent and take out the main reason to buy that case and put in an AIO? I was taken aback a bit when i first read it and had to ask to be sure. The torrent is made for high airflow - but you literally ruined the airflow for an AIO?. Also NO the airflow wont be near as good with that AIO as it would be with the 200m.

• 3Worf

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
No offense but why the hell did you get a torrent and take out the main reason to buy that case and put in an AIO?
Because I couldn't find any other good case with bottom fans keeping the graphics cards cool, good filters, build quality that didn't look like ass, and a space for a 2 slot graphics card at the very bottom, where the PCIe4 slot of my motherboard is. I have two graphic cards needing air cooling (6800 XT and an old 1660Ti). Yes, I have two different graphic cards, they both work. I need the CUDA for PyTorch development and debugging and not for crypto mining bullshit.

This is NOT your typical RGB gamer build, so I don't care about the "this case is built for air cooling" dogma.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Because I couldn't find any other good case with bottom fans keeping the graphics cards cool, good filters, build quality that didn't look like ass, and a space for a 2 slot graphics card at the very bottom, where the PCIe4 slot of my motherboard is. I have two graphic cards needing air cooling (6800 XT and an old 1660Ti). Yes, I have two different graphic cards, they both work. I need the CUDA for PyTorch development and debugging and not for crypto mining bullshit.

This is NOT your typical RGB gamer build, so I don't care about the "this case is built for air cooling" dogma.
listen-here-you-little-shit.gif

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

Nothing about what you said had anything to do with why you did that - 2GPU an issue? How? So what if you mount 2 GPU in a case made for high airflow whats that going to change? Your entire reply did nothing to validate your decision nor does your comment about RGB since only 1 torrent has RGB out of the 5 variations. You could have done 2 GPU and kept the fans and orientation stock with no issues.

Sounds ALOT like not sure what the hell youre going on about, maybe this was advice from Jayrab?

• 1Worf

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Nothing about what you said had anything to do with why you did that - 2GPU an issue? How?
Since you didn't seem to understand what I was writing, I made you a picture.

So, if you can find me a different case with clearance for an 8th PCI slot, that isn't an overblown "big" or "server" tower case I'd like to hear about it. No, the second graphics card doesn't go into slots 3 and 4, that 6800 XT is beefy, and it would also make the PCIe on it go from x16 to x8. I don't need the performance on the second card. It just has to work.

1639407384118.jpeg

Your entire reply did nothing to validate your decision nor does your comment about RGB since only 1 torrent has RGB out of the 5 variations. You could have done 2 GPU and kept the fans and orientation stock with no issues.
The RGB thing was a jab at all the AIO coolers that have RGB fans preinstalled, where you have to pay extra for them. Mine doesn't. Read my post again.

Also, the big selling point of water cooling is the bigger heat buffer, as in: the water has more mass and takes longer to heat up, and therefore slower dissipation. This is great if your workload consists of short bursts where you need performance on all cores, e.g. when you are transcoding, rendering or compiling. If I would only game on my system I could've gone with a 5600X and air cooling, but sadly I have work to do.

Trust me, I still have a Noctua air cooler in my other system, and in my room you could hear the fan noise ramp up and down.

Junun

Silver Knight of the Realm
1639404882844.png

Radiator top mounted, we'll see how it goes. Loving this build so far. Love that this case has a fan hub to control the case fan speeds via a button. Overall this build is dead silent which is what I was going for.

FWIW my old PC has a aoi small corsair radiator mounted in the back that's been running for 8 years now.

• 3Like