NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I keep telling myself over the years "eventually graphics are going to plateau" but every time I turn around software, even if coded well, is pulling ahead of consumer grade graphics cards. The 3090 still struggles more often than not on 4k / ultra high and Im just so freaking ready for the cards to be able to brute force even the most shittiest of coded games.

I havent read anything about the power draw. Is that the stated demand? My home PC already raises the temperature in my office enough that I have to keep the door open or Ill smoke myself out. At this rate, by next gen I'll be piping that shit outside on a dedicated vent.
Lol doesn't a 3090Ti already draw like 450 watts at full draw? 4xxx series drawing 500+ is probably a guarantee at this point.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Or if nothing else, after having my little spat with xexx Id feel suddenly pretty cuckish and a tool if i went suddenly for it after saying id never buy. Even if this ones not getting scalped.
No. That’s being a man and getting over petty arguments unlike a woman or child.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
EVGA apparently gave me a shot at my 3080 on the 17th. I never got a notification for the email despite it not going to spam.

computer rage GIF

• 1Rustled
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Trapped in Randomonia>
I could have purchased one of those super overpriced 12GB 3080s this week but fuck that.

• 1Smuggly

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I have every expectation that the next AMD cards will curbstomp Nvidia - this gen all Nvidia has is DLSS and RT as what they can say is a reason to buy. RT and DLSS support is sooooooooooo miniscule that i cant understand why people build around it. Ive still yet to find a game i wanted to bother turning it on for if it meant any form of a hit in FPS.
Raytracing has been nothing but a disappointing gimmick that has almost no impact on a game's enjoyability. AMD could stomp Nvidia by making a big chip that can do DLSS or whatever they call it without Ray Tracing baggage and I bet it would be super successful.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
AMD could stomp Nvidia by making a big chip that can do DLSS or whatever they call it without Ray Tracing baggage and I bet it would be super successful.
Problem here is that you need really low level support in your rendering engine for DLSS to work, as it needs multiple frames for reference. Nvidia invested a ton of money into "developer relations", as they literally have developers optimize their drivers for AAA titles and "help" studios optimize their engine.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I keep telling myself over the years "eventually graphics are going to plateau" but every time I turn around software, even if coded well, is pulling ahead of consumer grade graphics cards. The 3090 still struggles more often than not on 4k / ultra high and Im just so freaking ready for the cards to be able to brute force even the most shittiest of coded games.

I havent read anything about the power draw. Is that the stated demand? My home PC already raises the temperature in my office enough that I have to keep the door open or Ill smoke myself out. At this rate, by next gen I'll be piping that shit outside on a dedicated vent.

• 1Like

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
3050 preorder opens tomorrow. Reviews up today.

GamersNexus MSRP list:

My 970 is dying so I’ll probably try to grab a 3050 at msrp if lucky to tide me over until I can grab a 3080ti vision to complete my white build. At this point I might even try to surf my cards death cry until 40xx.

The pricing on most of those 3050s are horrendous though.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Break

Not sure where to post this, but let's say hypothetically you happen to find a brand new, unlocked iphone in a dumpster. This happened to someone I know recently. I don't know all the details, but basically they were doing work on someone's rental property, remarked they had broken their phone, and the owner of the rental property said a previous tenant had left some things behind and one of them being an unopened shipping box that had sat there for months. When he finally decided to throw all the previous tenants stuff out, he opened the box and found the iphone, although he said the box was in someone else's name, not his previous tenant. The owner couldn't contact the previous tenant and so decided to throw it out and so they went and fished it out of the dumpster. The phone works as well as you'd expect a brand new iphone would.

The question is, is there any risk to having the phone deactivated later on if it gets reported stolen? Supposedly this phone was delivered to the rental property months ago and was abandoned, but the value is something like $800.

PS: I'm thinking the previous tenant either stole it from someone's porch or it got delivered by mistake and would have had insurance claim by whoever was the rightful owner originally.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I want to build up computers from parts I get from shuffles or other drops, but trying to resell anything is near impossible around here.

Crone

Not sure where to post this, but let's say hypothetically you happen to find a brand new, unlocked iphone in a dumpster. This happened to someone I know recently. I don't know all the details, but basically they were doing work on someone's rental property, remarked they had broken their phone, and the owner of the rental property said a previous tenant had left some things behind and one of them being an unopened shipping box that had sat there for months. When he finally decided to throw all the previous tenants stuff out, he opened the box and found the iphone, although he said the box was in someone else's name, not his previous tenant. The owner couldn't contact the previous tenant and so decided to throw it out and so they went and fished it out of the dumpster. The phone works as well as you'd expect a brand new iphone would.

The question is, is there any risk to having the phone deactivated later on if it gets reported stolen? Supposedly this phone was delivered to the rental property months ago and was abandoned, but the value is something like $800.

PS: I'm thinking the previous tenant either stole it from someone's porch or it got delivered by mistake and would have had insurance claim by whoever was the rightful owner originally.

But as far as I know the device could be reported as stolen but with those details you shared it kind of seems like it won't ever be reported? Pop a SIM into it and see if it works!

• 1Solidarity

Break

But as far as I know the device could be reported as stolen but with those details you shared it kind of seems like it won't ever be reported? Pop a SIM into it and see if it works!
They're using it now so apparently it was never reported.

Kiki

Log Wizard
It'd be pretty hard to track unless they contact the manufacturer to get the IMEI, then track that with their particular carrier, which could be any of them due to it being unlocked. It's possible, but probably a pain in the ass depending on where the phone was ordered from.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I think the only thing you would need to worry about is it getting bricked at some point and need a new phone from it being stolen or whatnot

EDIT I think it is iPhones that can do that

spronk

FPS noob
just trade in any phone you aren't sure of the history, you can give it to gamestop for shit values but get paid with a visa gift card

best buy, t-mobile, verizon, costco, etc run deals where you get pretty decent trade in deals when a new phone comes out. Early Feb the Samsung S22s are coming out if you are an android, you can probably get like $600-800 for a relatively new iphone when you trade in towards a new phone even with an existing contract, etc

Crone

just trade in any phone you aren't sure of the history, you can give it to gamestop for shit values but get paid with a visa gift card

best buy, t-mobile, verizon, costco, etc run deals where you get pretty decent trade in deals when a new phone comes out. Early Feb the Samsung S22s are coming out if you are an android, you can probably get like $600-800 for a relatively new iphone when you trade in towards a new phone even with an existing contract, etc
A few months back when iPhone 13's came out Best Buy was giving $700 for my Note 9, and $700 at least, maybe more for my iPhone 12 Mini. Was insane trade-in values.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Wow this 3080 ti is a massive card. It's nearly twice the size of my 2070 super. I almost didn't think it would fit.

• 1Worf