NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Either I lost them or never had them, but nowhere in my pack of cables for the Seasonic 750W Gold I’ve had for like 7 years was a third 6+2 PCIe power cable nor an existing one with a daisy chain.

Best Buy had Corsair RM850x and 1000x in stock but the 850 only showed two PCIe and online reports were conflicting if it actually came with three. The 1000x box stated it includes three cables.

Was only about $50 more but didn’t want to deal with returns or exchanges or ordering more cables. Anyways the Corsair works like a charm and wasn’t too difficult to wire up in the existing case without pulling the guts out (Fractal Meshify C).

Idles at 27 with the case closed and load in Monster Hunter Rise is only about 57-60.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Should’ve future proofed bro. You’re going to regret going so low w in 15 years.

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Key And Peele Reaction GIF

I lied, 24C

1642776447567.png

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Thanks for thinking of me, but was looking at 3080s, or if i did a ti one of the more basic bitch versions. Oh and water cooling scares me of oopsies.

Or if nothing else, after having my little spat with xexx Id feel suddenly pretty cuckish and a tool if i went suddenly for it after saying id never buy. Even if this ones not getting scalped.

Still trying to read more on whether another year or two might be good or some places acting like 5k will become the norm for graphics cards in a few years and i should just buy big now and make it last lol.

Last edited:

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I forgot who that even was that day - but i have a 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate and if it was a 3090 id kinda consider but it would be a downgrade for no reason.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I forgot who that even was that day - but i have a 6900XT Liquid Devil Ultimate and if it was a 3090 id kinda consider but it would be a downgrade for no reason.
I switched from the 6900XT to the 3080ti and I have no regrets. The GeForce Experience is way easier to use, IMO. The performance seems waaayy better in games, and maybe it's because I play games with DLSS, but the frames boost is nice. Just a lot of good things, and it's an EVGA card that I prefer.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I switched from the 6900XT to the 3080ti and I have no regrets. The GeForce Experience is way easier to use, IMO. The performance seems waaayy better in games, and maybe it's because I play games with DLSS, but the frames boost is nice. Just a lot of good things, and it's an EVGA card that I prefer.

I do not use DLSS and the Liquid Devil Ultimate is the single strongest current gen card, it beat out the Suprim which is the strongest Nvidia card - ofcourse things change if you use DLSS but i do not bother with it nor RT.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Send dunes.
So, I think I've decided to just re-use my H500. I can't find a better all-around case. I wish it had a 140mm rear fan. A P500A is really the only other option I can see aside from the Torrent, but neither really offers significant advantage.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Honestly, if it wasn't just for me wanting to stick a middle finger in nVidia's face, I'd swap back in a hot second. The performance difference between equivalent cards is almost non-existent, but Adrenalin is a real fucking piece of shit from a UI/user experience perspective.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Honestly, if it wasn't just for me wanting to stick a middle finger in nVidia's face, I'd swap back in a hot second. The performance difference between equivalent cards is almost non-existent, but Adrenalin is a real fucking piece of shit from a UI/user experience perspective.

The quirk i hate about AMD card is when im multi monitor playing something full screen borderless my screen always flashes going from a game to a webpage or anything outside of the game. Small quirk that i dont have on my nvidia test bench but happens on my main rig.

• 1Rustled

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The quirk i hate about AMD card is when im multi monitor playing something full screen borderless my screen always flashes going from a game to a webpage or anything outside of the game. Small quirk that i dont have on my nvidia test bench but happens on my main rig.
Same. Like I said, I LOVE putting a thumb in nVidia's eye, especially since the performance differences are extremely minor, but the whole experience on nVidia is honestly better. For now, at least. Hopefully AMD slowly gets their shit together now that they're competitive.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Same. Like I said, I LOVE putting a thumb in nVidia's eye, especially since the performance differences are extremely minor, but the whole experience on nVidia is honestly better. For now, at least. Hopefully AMD slowly gets their shit together now that they're competitive.
I hope so but we’ve been saying that for 2 years. Lol

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I hope so but we’ve been saying that for 2 years. Lol
Yes and no. This is really the first generation AMD has become "equivalent" in the performance department of their GPUs. I remember having a Radeon 9000 around the Unreal Tournament/2k4 days and that shit used to crash every fucking map almost. Their software still needs some work, but they've come a LONG fucking way, especially on the driver side of things. Once they clean up their interface on Adrenalin, they'll be fine.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Yes and no. This is really the first generation AMD has become "equivalent" in the performance department of their GPUs. I remember having a Radeon 9000 around the Unreal Tournament/2k4 days and that shit used to crash every fucking map almost. Their software still needs some work, but they've come a LONG fucking way, especially on the driver side of things. Once they clean up their interface on Adrenalin, they'll be fine.

I have every expectation that the next AMD cards will curbstomp Nvidia - this gen all Nvidia has is DLSS and RT as what they can say is a reason to buy. RT and DLSS support is sooooooooooo miniscule that i cant understand why people build around it. Ive still yet to find a game i wanted to bother turning it on for if it meant any form of a hit in FPS.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I have every expectation that the next AMD cards will curbstomp Nvidia - this gen all Nvidia has is DLSS and RT as what they can say is a reason to buy. RT and DLSS support is sooooooooooo miniscule that i cant understand why people build around it. Ive still yet to find a game i wanted to bother turning it on for if it meant any form of a hit in FPS.
RT can be fine in single-player shit, but anything that's remotely competitive I'm turning down to near potato graphics anyways - ESPECIALLY first person shooters.

I'm sure RT will be fucking awesome in a couple years. But by then, AMD will have likely caught up and support will be more widely available.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
RT can be fine in single-player shit, but anything that's remotely competitive I'm turning down to near potato graphics anyways - ESPECIALLY first person shooters.

I'm sure RT will be fucking awesome in a couple years. But by then, AMD will have likely caught up and support will be more widely available.
AMD next line is on 5nm IIRC, Nvidia is going to have some 5nm and 6nm or something like that? along with like 500wt chugging GPUs? -

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I keep telling myself over the years "eventually graphics are going to plateau" but every time I turn around software, even if coded well, is pulling ahead of consumer grade graphics cards. The 3090 still struggles more often than not on 4k / ultra high and Im just so freaking ready for the cards to be able to brute force even the most shittiest of coded games.
AMD next line is on 5nm IIRC, Nvidia is going to have some 5nm and 6nm or something like that? along with like 500wt chugging GPUs? -
I havent read anything about the power draw. Is that the stated demand? My home PC already raises the temperature in my office enough that I have to keep the door open or Ill smoke myself out. At this rate, by next gen I'll be piping that shit outside on a dedicated vent.