NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So I got a GIGABYTE Z690 AORUS Ultra for 329.99, which is 40 dollars off the list price.

I got a Intel Core i7-12700K for $382 which is pretty nice.

Wondering if I should just put this in my Cooler Master H500, a perfectly fine case, or just buy a Fractal Torrent...
Sounds like its gonna be a pretty hefty build when it all comes together. My 3090 build disperses a lot of heat into my home office. Iirc, you dont use A/C - so good luck with that in the Summer. :trump:

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I got one! Evga 3080 TI at MSRP.

Thank you Hateyou Hateyou ! I was on a work call and just kinda started ignoring them. lol

• 9Like
  • 1Wow!
  • 1I Came
Reactions: 11 users

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Does anyone know how the BB queue works exactly? Do they punish you for waiting in multiple queues? I got a 3090 in late 2020 but ever since, I've never gotten a chance to buy anything else after like a dozen attempts but I usually have 3-4 queues waiting. I wonder if I'm triggering some kind of bot protection.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I have to go pick it up in the store though what bullshit is that?
All their GPUs are like that now. I assume it's to prevent Chinese scalpers. I had to do the same even for a 1660 Super.

spronk

FPS noob
Does anyone know how the BB queue works exactly? Do they punish you for waiting in multiple queues? I got a 3090 in late 2020 but ever since, I've never gotten a chance to buy anything else after like a dozen attempts but I usually have 3-4 queues waiting. I wonder if I'm triggering some kind of bot protection.

yes, best buy punishes you for having multiple windows open in the same browser ID. to get around it use incognito windows, close it each time you get a new queue time. There is an extension that lets you refresh the queue time, but you have to be smart about it, basically open a new incognito window (can do multiple browsers for multiple), get a new queue time ONCE only if its not great, close window if its not less than a minute

the various bots - stellar, snail, etc - all automate everything about the entire process so 90% of the inventory is still being sucked up by ebay/stockx resellers

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
That being said if someone is interested in my 2070 Super please DM me and we can sort something out. I'll sell it fairly cheap. At least cheaper than anything on ebay or whatever.

Otherwise its probably going into my closet never again to see the light of day.

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
So I got a GIGABYTE Z690 AORUS Ultra for 329.99, which is 40 dollars off the list price.

I got a Intel Core i7-12700K for $382 which is pretty nice.

Wondering if I should just put this in my Cooler Master H500, a perfectly fine case, or just buy a Fractal Torrent...

Send dunes.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like its gonna be a pretty hefty build when it all comes together. My 3090 build disperses a lot of heat into my home office. Iirc, you dont use A/C - so good luck with that in the Summer. :trump:
After going through a bunch different contractors trying to get splits installed, I just put in a dedicated circuit for all my PC equipment in my office and put one of these in the window for the summer:

Pretty unique design, very quiet for a window unit. However, they really only work with modern Anderson-style windows, which works for me because I recently stripped the old windows down to the openings, built new sills/trim etc out with Azek and replaced them with modern windows.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
After going through a bunch different contractors trying to get splits installed, I just put in a dedicated circuit for all my PC equipment in my office and put one of these in the window for the summer:

Pretty unique design, very quiet for a window unit. However, they really only work with modern Anderson-style windows, which works for me because I recently stripped the old windows down to the openings, built new sills/trim etc out with Azek and replaced them with modern windows.
I’m so proud of you.

• 1Worf

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Send dunes.
1642721219324.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users