Xexx

Vyemm Raider
So this is on BB again 5800X and 3080

11th gen intel also but the cpu is rubbish comparatively

Omen 45L in stock again it seems

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
11700KF is a beast. compare it to some of the AMD stuff of same gen and its right there. Where do you get this stuff from?

Not from one of those clickbait "benchmark" sites, that's for sure.

Intel 11th gen was hot garbage, literally. Similar performance to a 5800X but at over x2 the wattage, and costs more money.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

OK misty it sure was "hot garbage" lol
Tom's Hardware isn't a real hardware site anymore either, they got bought out by some Chinese clickbait farm a while ago, but even your linked article (which really isn't that bad for Tom's Hardware these days) demonstrates the problem:

1645019107339.png

HOT GARBAGE.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Ugh, who the fuck cares about some random "power" bullshit? So it eats more power and I care why? I have AC in the summer, lol.

• 1Slow

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Ugh, who the fuck cares about some random "power" bullshit? So it eats more power and I care why?
Much harder to keep cool, therefore much more likely to severely thermal throttle in sustained use, especially in a 0 airflow pre-built case like the one presented in the original link.

Makes the other components in the case run hotter too, so they're more likely to thermal throttle.

A 5800X is a much better choice in a pre-built because they're far less likely to choke themselves out in those shitty cases.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Bullshit. I have comps both gens with AMDs in them, both 5800x and the last gen 3700x and both fucking cook. I also have the 11700 with AIO and its no problem. Your obsession with power bullshit because of your windows not opening in summer or whatever the fuck is lol worthy.

This is the only thing im concerned about, again, "hot garbage" LOOOOOL Oh and lets not forget the thing was like $80 cheaper and you could actually GET one at the time vs 5800x

Capture012.PNG

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Bullshit. I have comps both gens with AMDs in them, both 5800x and the last gen 3700x and both fucking cook. I also have the 11700 with AIO and its no problem. Your obsession with power bullshit because of your windows not opening in summer or whatever the fuck is lol worthy.

This is the only thing im concerned about, again, "hot garbage" LOOOOOL Oh and lets not forget the thing was like $80 cheaper and you could actually GET one at the time vs 5800x

View attachment 398708
The 5800X actually had the highest availability of the 4 launch chips in the series and always sold under MSRP.

Also, you had to buy an AIO to cool your 11700KF, when you can cool a 5800X with a 40 dollar air cooler.

You're being really dumb.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
No I was smart enough to buy a prebuilt with one already on it. Not some Omen piece of shit.

Also I think it is you being really dumb for calling that cpu hot garbage.

Regardless of the 5800x 5900x or intel 11th or 12th chip inside those omen and other cases, I would opt to replace the case and add in an aio stat, probably order the set along with that omen. If it was the only option. which its not.

Last edited:

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
No I was smart enough to buy a prebuilt with one already on it. Not some Omen piece of shit.

Also I think it is you being really dumb for calling that cpu hot garbage.
GN rated the entire 11 series as "Wastes of Sand."

Tom's Hardware, which you insist on referencing, called it in their review:

1645020527107.png

By the time the 11th gen CPUs launched in July 2021, you could routinely get a 5800X for less than $400:

1645020687435.png

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Good for you misty. Again I have AC loool. And again, were talking about pre builts. Because of course given the option one would choose the better 7nm chip. But sometimes there are give and takes when you buy a prebuilt.

• 1Salty
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Again I have AC loool.
To be fair, Mist has a point. A lot of them, actually.

Also, repeatedly using "lol" or "loool" in an argument makes you sound like some dumb thot from those Tinder conversation pictures in the FSR thread.

• 5Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 6 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
To be fair, Mist has a point. A lot of them, actually.

Also, repeatedly using "lol" or "loool" in an argument makes you sound like some dumb thot from those Tinder conversation pictures in the FSR thread.
What points are those? Uses more watts and heats up more? Got it. And still not a big deal. LOOOOOOL

• 2Picard
  • 1Faggotry

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Some people just can't get off the nuts of Intel, no matter how high their power usage is, how poor their thermals are, and the amount they charge.

Ryzen 5000 series shat ALL OVER Intel's 11th gen. It wasn't even close and if you think it was, you know absolutely nothing about the space.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Well, Intel is definitely back. This CPU I bought for $365 gets a 22.6K Cinebench score, which is absolutely insane for that price. And while it definitely can consume a ton of power when running synthetic benchmarks, during all normal and even AAA gaming workloads, actually runs quite cool.

Kinda wishing I had bought an Asus board instead of a Gigabyte though.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Well, Intel is definitely back.
Which is why I specifically called out 11th gen. 12th gen is much better, I agree. But, it's also going up against AMD's Ryzen 5000 series still, which are approaching 2 years old at this point. The 5900/5950s are still pretty competitive with a 12900k, even outperforming it in certain use cases. 7000 series is going to fuckin' annihilate Intel, especially if the "leak" of their L2 cache doubling the 5000 series is true.

I'm hyped about snagging a 5800X3D, since it still runs on AM4. So, I won't have to go grab a new board/ram/etc. when AM5 releases.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
No one is on anybodys "nuts" bro. Like I mentioned like 10 times now it was a prebuilt I picked up in micro center last year. At the time it was either that or wait, and wait some more. Of course I wanted the model with 5900x they had but it was not available at the time. First prebuilt I ever bought BTW. Ive been building my shit since Pentium 2 days.

Last edited:

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
No one is on anybodys "nuts" bro. Like I mentioned like 10 times now it was a prebuilt I picked up in micro center last year. At the time it was either that or wait, and wait some more. Of course I wanted the model with 5900x they had but it was not available at the time. First prebuilt I ever bought BTW. Ive been building my shit since Pentium 2 days.
You're awfully defense for a thing that, in your words, you didn't even want in the first place.

"LOOOOOOL"

• 3Like

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Which is why I specifically called out 11th gen. 12th gen is much better, I agree. But, it's also going up against AMD's Ryzen 5000 series still, which are approaching 2 years old at this point. The 5900/5950s are still pretty competitive with a 12900k, even outperforming it in certain use cases. 7000 series is going to fuckin' annihilate Intel, especially if the "leak" of their L2 cache doubling the 5000 series is true.

I'm hyped about snagging a 5800X3D, since it still runs on AM4. So, I won't have to go grab a new board/ram/etc. when AM5 releases.
How far out is the 7 series? Looking at building a new build since my 3080 is too big. Was literally about to order the 12700, but if it's within the year then maybe id wait and just buy a case and transfer everything.