NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
It’s basically just interwoven into another material. There are a few different ways of doing it too I believe, like most it’s embedded into common sized filament. There’s a more industrial method that has two lines of different material that feed into one output.

I personally like the NylonX, it's Nylon and Carbon Fiber and it's strong as a motherfucker. I went through one spool of it and made some really tough shit. I'd always take it to work and let people try to break it with their hands "Sword in the stone" style. Some old guy would always get pissed and smash it with a hammer, lol.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I personally like the NylonX, it's Nylon and Carbon Fiber and it's strong as a motherfucker. I went through one spool of it and made some really tough shit. I'd always take it to work and let people try to break it with their hands "Sword in the stone" style. Some old guy would always get pissed and smash it with a hammer, lol.
Yeah it’s good shit. Friend has made some various shit for work and it holds up well in an industrial environment.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
$300 seems to be the lowest price point for that monitor for the last few months. Until QDs come out that might not change.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

This is a much better monitor for not much more money.

The Dell has a better stand though.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I dont wanna say I told ya so, but I told ya so.

Intel's discrete GPU's are a failure;

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

I think we all knew this except a couple of intel white knights. Without doing any research of who they were I’d guess it was Mist Mist and mkopec mkopec

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I think we all knew this except a couple of intel white knights. Without doing any research of who they were I’d guess it was Mist Mist and mkopec mkopec
Nahh, All I said Is more competition is better for all of us. Lets face it, none of us high end users here were in the intel GPU market anyway. It will prob take them many, many generations to get to where we will be in the market of one of those.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>

I was told that Intel would bring competition to the GPU market!!!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I got called out buy I'm still a believer. Next year is going to be Intel's year I can feel it.

Okay, maybe the year after that.

But sometime in this decade, or maybe the next couple, team blue will be back.

Last edited:

Malakriss

I don't care if i would never buy them, I just want them to scare the other companies into less gouging.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I don't care if i would never buy them, I just want them to scare the other companies into less gouging.
That's the stupid thing: Everyone thought that Intel would use their own fabs, but instead they are going straight to TSMC's new N6 for the Intel Arc. Which is the same process used in the upcoming AMD RX7000, with their N5+N6 chiplet design.

Turns out that Intel is making the high end chip supply worse, because less chips for AMD leads to less cards, which leads to higher prices.

Daidraco

That's the stupid thing: Everyone thought that Intel would use their own fabs, but instead they are going straight to TSMC's new N6 for the Intel Arc. Which is the same process used in the upcoming AMD RX7000, with their N5+N6 chiplet design.

Turns out that Intel is making the high end chip supply worse, because less chips for AMD leads to less cards, which leads to higher prices.
From my understanding, the fab in the US isnt coming up for quite some time and Im not even sure it'll have the hardware needed for lower nm shit. Regardless, I doubt intel will get the same priority as AMD when reserving orders. If anything, I think intel will get the shit end of the stick.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Regardless, I doubt intel will get the same priority as AMD when reserving orders. If anything, I think intel will get the shit end of the stick.
Well, yes and no. Basically Apple bought temporary exclusive rights for the TSMC N5 process to make their M1 chips. AMD and Qualcomm may have a lot of capacity at TSMC, but since TSMC is completely booked they upped the prices, and for years you could only buy new capacity when someone else reduces theirs. At that point TSMC is selling the capacity to the highest bidder, because why wouldn't they?

This is also why Nvidia was willing to bet on Samsung 8nm for Ampere, which backfired a bit. On the upside, the 5800X3D with its stacking design seems to work out better than expected, which is a good sign for the chiplet design coming in both Ryzen 7000 and Radeon 7000 series.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
From my understanding, the fab in the US isnt coming up for quite some time and Im not even sure it'll have the hardware needed for lower nm shit. Regardless, I doubt intel will get the same priority as AMD when reserving orders. If anything, I think intel will get the shit end of the stick.
I think whoever pays the most money will get priority.

That’s how cargo shipping works now. You have to pay a premium to get into the priority line to get your product shipped. If you don’t pay it, new customers that do pay it continue to bump in front of you. Potentially you can never get your cargo if others keep jumping in front. It’s nuts.