NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
that seems impossible right

Time line doesnt seem that far off in my opinion. Im just starting to think its just because we've lived in some sort of limbo/haze effect the entire time the 30x0 series has been out. On the other side of that, that power consumption just doesnt make sense. If anything, it's going to be much worse. But I'll be pleasantly surprised if not.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

This is a much better monitor for not much more money.

The Dell has a better stand though.
I bought in Feb of last year and, in my opinion, there's very little difference between that model and this one. If you're not working with a budget, go with that one, but the 83A-B offers almost exactly the same performance.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I bought in Feb of last year and, in my opinion, there's very little difference between that model and this one. If you're not working with a budget, go with that one, but the 83A-B offers almost exactly the same performance.
Are you sure you got that one and not the LG 27GP83 variant of the 27GP850-B?

The GL models are >2 years older than the GP models. I have a 27GL83A-B, the one you linked, that I use for work, and used it for gaming for a while, and it's great for that, but the newer GP models have much better color, black levels, etc.

Also, the LG 27GP83 variant of the 27GP850-B is supposed to be the cheaper version but it's frequently more expensive due to pricing weirdness.

Last edited:

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are you sure you got that one and not the LG 27GP83 variant of the 27GP850-B?

The GL models are >2 years older than the GP models. I have a 27GL83A-B, the one you linked, that I use for work, and used it for gaming for a while, and it's great for that, but the newer GP models have much better color, black levels, etc.

Also, the LG 27GP83 variant of the 27GP850-B is supposed to be the cheaper version but it's frequently more expensive due to pricing weirdness.
This is what I bought. You tell me because I don't pay incredibly close attention to the naming conventions of monitors.

Attachments

• 20220518_123240.jpg
    20220518_123240.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 34
  • 20220518_123305.jpg
    20220518_123305.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 34

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Always look for both the year and the model number. We do it for PSUs and you most especially want to do it for more critical parts like a monitor.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Always look for both the year and the model number. We do it for PSUs and you most especially want to do it for more critical parts like a monitor.
I don't want to sound snarky, because I'm not intending to be.

I don't hand-wave important purchases and, in this case, I'm 99% sure I got what intended to buy. I just wasn't sure what argument Mist was making.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
My argument was that your recommendation was good a couple years ago, in fact I still use one, but to buy one of the models from this year if the price was close enough.

spronk

FPS noob
best buy did a huge restock of 30xx cards today and many, many are still in stock hours later so at this point it shouldn't be too tough getting a 30xx for MSRP. You can just search best buy for whichever model like RTX 3080 or RTX 3090 ti, many are even "on sale" although I imagine thats just the tariff being stripped.

an evga ftw3 w/ 12GB for $999 i guess isn't too bad

also recently many crypto mining apps finally "defeated" LHR and unlocked near full crypto mining capacity with LHR cards, although bitcoin is in the toilet now so mining it is probably a loss unless you have access to free power (solar or "someone else pays"). I wonder whats up with the South American government recently that went all in on crypto.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
best buy did a huge restock of 30xx cards today and many, many are still in stock hours later so at this point it shouldn't be too tough getting a 30xx for MSRP. You can just search best buy for whichever model like RTX 3080 or RTX 3090 ti, many are even "on sale" although I imagine thats just the tariff being stripped.

an evga ftw3 w/ 12GB for $999 i guess isn't too bad

also recently many crypto mining apps finally "defeated" LHR and unlocked near full crypto mining capacity with LHR cards, although bitcoin is in the toilet now so mining it is probably a loss unless you have access to free power (solar or "someone else pays"). I wonder whats up with the South American government recently that went all in on crypto.

Decent deal too.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
16core 5.5gz AMD 7000 series cpu, just stomped all over Intel. Can't wait to see benchmarks on release.

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
was at best buy and costco yesterday and saw tons of premade 30xx PCs, some even on sale, and quite a few AIB cards on shelves. So yeah seems like we're in that final lull right before the 40xx cards come out, wonder if 30xx cards will be plenty in stock for a while to satisfy demand

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
was at best buy and costco yesterday and saw tons of premade 30xx PCs, some even on sale, and quite a few AIB cards on shelves. So yeah seems like we're in that final lull right before the 40xx cards come out, wonder if 30xx cards will be plenty in stock for a while to satisfy demand

My BB has like 15 30 series cards in stock 3 of which are 3090Ti

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>

translation:

Availability for 4090 in August 0
Availability for 4080 in September 0
Availability for 4070 in October 0
Availability for all variants for the remainder of the calendar year and Q1 and Q2 for 23 is 0

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Edgelord
Reactions: 1 users