NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Dammit, every Thursday there has been a work thing where I forget to check AMD.com.

EDIT: 6900XTs are still available for MSRP at amd.com; I have one sitting in my cart. Food shortages may be next but video cards are now available.

Last edited:

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Yikes at that tax and shipping. Do you get hit with tax with every online store? I know there are quite a few that I don’t have to pay tax for.

It's inconsistent and I don't really know why. I do know that EVGA and I are both located in the same state so that might have something to do with it.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
It's inconsistent and I don't really know why. I do know that EVGA and I are both located in the same state so that might have something to do with it.

When I got mine direct from EVGA there was a notice before I checked out that they collect always collect sales tax.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Should I buy a 3080 TI FE? In my cart right now.

How much do you think I could get for a 3080 FE that I already have, one of the OG ones, no LHR or anything garbage like that?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't think it's worth $1200 to buy one, frankly I don't think any card this gen should go for more than a grand. But as long as people keep paying they'll keep gouging.

Not sure if you can scalp miners too much right now but you should at least get full price for a FHR.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
De-shrouded my 3080 and added some Noctua fans, dropped my temps 17-20c across the board.

Now I'm printing a fan bracket so I can get rid of the zip ties, I'll post pics up when it's done.

• 12Like
Reactions: 11 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
De-shrouded my 3080 and added some Noctua fans, dropped my temps 17-20c across the board.

Now I'm printing a fan bracket so I can get rid of the zip ties, I'll post pics up when it's done.
Nice! I run HW Monitor free version, so I have no logs or history, but I let it run all the time to get min/max temps over a period of time and my 3080ti gets pretty hot sometimes, but no idea what may have been going on when it got that hot. Memory hit 92 degrees max, which is cooler than the "hot spot" temp. :(

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Or you could just undervolt and not have to worry about any of that. It really is a fucking cheatcode as long as you've got a good PSU with nice stable power.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
It is done.

vivaldi_USt3QeLgaR.png

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So how does that even work? Isnt real carbon fiber a cloth like material layered in different directions with epoxy? Then squeezed together with pressure or vacuum?

Edit: So I looked it up and all this is is ABS or PC with a fill, we have this in auto industry for plastics that need more strength like cowl trim or even console bodies that need to take a weight of a kid sitting on it etc... its just called glass filled (fiberglass). Increases strength but I would not call this "carbon fiber".

Last edited:

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So how does that even work? Isnt real carbon fiber a cloth like material layered in different directions with epoxy? Then squeezed together with pressure or vacuum?
It’s basically just interwoven into another material. There are a few different ways of doing it too I believe, like most it’s embedded into common sized filament. There’s a more industrial method that has two lines of different material that feed into one output.