NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
There really isn't a reason to even have 3080 now, every game I was looking forward to has bombed. Save your money until something comes out worth upgrading for.

spronk

FPS noob
im waiting for star citizen, still running a 1080ti

i probably will finally upgrade my PC this fall, spiderman PC with mods could be amazing. i'd love to play with all Star Trek characters or something lol

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Eventually was able to adjust back down to 34 inch from the massive CX48 and picked up a 3090Ti so it makes good use of the 1440p175gz panel

League of Legends has never looked so good, ive got all these frames!

I also have a 3090FE for sale, kinda sorta - may stick it in test bench since theyre down to like 1100

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Those types of performance numbers come with every launch, and it's never really true. It's only true in this one specific niche under these very specific circumstances

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Those types of performance numbers come with every launch, and it's never really true. It's only true in this one specific niche under these very specific circumstances
The 30xx was a big jump. But yeah it's always exagerated, always have to wait for benchmarks and stuff unless you don't care about the performance/price ratio and just want the best then it's whatever.

Main issue as usual is availability, shit will be unbuyable until late 2023 most likely besides premades(and even these probably won't be easy to find).

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
It's usually some theoretical number like fill rate or whatever that doubles, but it doesn't translate into fps directly

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Last gen to this gen was basically 3070 same power as 2080 and of course the 3080 was 30% better than 2080 and so on. Im prob gonna skip this 40XX gen since I got a 3070 and pretty happy with it and what games I play, barring some new game that will crush the new cards or whatever but I doubt it since most games are tied to console power for the most part.

Malkav

French Madman
Last gen to this gen was basically 3070 same power as 2080 and of course the 3080 was 30% better than 2080 and so on. Im prob gonna skip this 40XX gen since I got a 3070 and pretty happy with it and what games I play, barring some new game that will crush the new cards or whatever but I doubt it since most games are tied to console power for the most part.

Just bought a second-hand 3080 (EVGA FTW3 Ultra), upgrading from my old regular 2080 and I sure as hell got way more than a 30% bump. Almost doubled my FPS in some games at 3440*1440. Tiny Tina's benchmark went from like 50-60 fps to 100+ for instance.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Yeah idk about 30%

1655400032043.png

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I had buyer's remorse a bit ago and tried selling my desktop... 5950x CPU with EVGA 3080ti and didn't sell. Got the remorse again recently and listed it up again, and no bites again. This is on FB marketplace, so I'm not trying super hard to sell it. Listed it this time for significantly less than I had before, but still no bites. I guess I'll just accept that I'll keep the machine.

Nothing wrong with the system, but sometimes I think about the $4k I spent on the whole machine after all was said and done and it's a bit stupid I spent so much.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I had buyer's remorse a bit ago and tried selling my desktop... 5950x CPU with EVGA 3080ti and didn't sell. Got the remorse again recently and listed it up again, and no bites again. This is on FB marketplace, so I'm not trying super hard to sell it. Listed it this time for significantly less than I had before, but still no bites. I guess I'll just accept that I'll keep the machine.

Nothing wrong with the system, but sometimes I think about the $4k I spent on the whole machine after all was said and done and it's a bit stupid I spent so much.
How about you build your PC on Part Picker and then come up with a discount from there that you're happy with? Some of the fanciest shit you can get, motherboard, storage, power, case, etc. paired with those two parts still only puts it at 2600-2800. If I was building a budget build with those parts, I think I could get down to 2100. Thats a far cry from 4000 - so thats why Im asking what you think a good discount is? You're going to have to face the music and realize that everyone said its a terrible time to buy a PC and only purchase one if you absolutely need it (when you apparently bought/built yours.)

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
How about you build your PC on Part Picker and then come up with a discount from there that you're happy with? Some of the fanciest shit you can get, motherboard, storage, power, case, etc. paired with those two parts still only puts it at 2600-2800. If I was building a budget build with those parts, I think I could get down to 2100. Thats a far cry from 4000 - so thats why Im asking what you think a good discount is? You're going to have to face the music and realize that everyone said its a terrible time to buy a PC and only purchase one if you absolutely need it (when you apparently bought/built yours.)
I built it back last October and was about that price. The PCpartpicker for it now shows $3000 without RAM listed so probably $3200 or so, and that's what I have it listed for. Granted, that's not a deal considering you could go buy the whole thing new for that. It's that price now because everything is coming down in price, and many parts are discounted. I didn't need it, but it was neat having it. I was on a 1080Ti with 1700 first-gen Ryzen CPU, so not everything was bad and was acceptable for the games I was playing.

I don't have remorse over the timing of when I bought a PC, but the amount I ended up spending on it to get full RGB. It's got the Lian-Li Strimers, and all Corsair QL fans, etc. I'll drop it $2800 and see what happens.

Listed at $3k , +250 for the retail I paid for the 3080ti , +210 for the RAM, +80 for Strimers, +200 on the CPU for what I paid

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/VcGYcb

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 3.4 GHz 16-Core Processor ($569.89 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($179.99 @ Best Buy)
Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard ($189.99 @ Best Buy)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($114.99 @ Best Buy)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 12 GB FTW3 ULTRA GAMING LE iCX3 Video Card ($1199.99 @ GameStop)
Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic ATX Full Tower Case ($165.06 @ Adorama)
Power Supply: EVGA G1+ 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($164.99 @ Best Buy)
Case Fan: Corsair iCUE QL120 41.8 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack ($119.75 @ Amazon)
Custom: Corsair Fan Controller Commander Pro (CL-9011110-WW) ($79.85 @ Amazon)
Custom: Lian Li Strimer Plus 8-Pin RGB PCIe VGA-Stromkabel
Custom: Lian Li Strimer Plus 8-Pin RGB PCIe VGA-Stromkabel
Custom: LIAN LI STRIMER PLUS 24 Pins Addressable RGB Power extension...

Total: $3024.00

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-06-16 14:21 EDT-0400

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
The people that would normally buy that kind of ahit are probably having to choose between food & fuel or a PC.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Malkav

French Madman
I haven't done a complete rig update in years. Now I'm just rotating parts. Change GPU every 2 years, change CPU when it really is an upgrade on a GPU off year, and switch some other minor pieces here and there whenever I get in the mood. Haven't changed case in a while, but quite happy with my O11D. Might grab some Lian Li fans later this year, I'll see.
I needed a 3rd 8pin connector for the 3080 though, so I kinda said the hell with it and ordered some cablemods. The sleeved cables I'm using right now are white and not really a good fit for my rig anyway so it's an excuse to replace them.

There kinda is no reason to let your rig get so outdated you need a complete system change.

• 1Solidarity

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I haven't done a complete rig update in years. Now I'm just rotating parts. Change GPU every 2 years, change CPU when it really is an upgrade on a GPU off year, and switch some other minor pieces here and there whenever I get in the mood. Haven't changed case in a while, but quite happy with my O11D. Might grab some Lian Li fans later this year, I'll see.
I needed a 3rd 8pin connector for the 3080 though, so I kinda said the hell with it and ordered some cablemods. The sleeved cables I'm using right now are white and not really a good fit for my rig anyway so it's an excuse to replace them.

There kinda is no reason to let your rig get so outdated you need a complete system change.

Except when your Plex rig is running on an old i5-2500 (non-k) and you need to upgrade both your media server AND your desktop.

Next year my 3600x setup (bought right after the 5000 series launch) that I've been upgrading piecemeal since the 1600 came out will be converted to my media server and I'll get a whole new rig.

Malkav

French Madman
Except when your Plex rig is running on an old i5-2500 (non-k) and you need to upgrade both your media server AND your desktop.

Next year my 3600x setup (bought right after the 5000 series launch) that I've been upgrading piecemeal since the 1600 came out will be converted to my media server and I'll get a whole new rig.

My Plex being for personal use, the Nvidia Shield has been quite enough for me as a server thankfully.
Been delaying getting a new NAS though. Got an old 2 bays QNAP with 5tb always getting full so I just clean old stuff regularly. I'd rather use the cash on my rig haha.

Though the rig should be fine for a while now after getting a 5800x last year and the 3080 this week.

• 1Like