NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

The RDNA2 date is a huge let down. On AMD's last CC they specifically said RDNA2 cards would be launching before PS5/Xbox.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
If it is an announcement then a somewhat immediate availability it would beat Xbox.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Fighting talk in this tweet:

I LOVE it!

tenor.gif

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
4000 series Ryzen I believe it.

RDNA2 I wont hold my breath on it.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Fighting talk in this tweet:

Would absolutely love to see AMD just blow everyone away. That's a bold statement they made, sure would be weird to make it if it wasn't "true".

Competition is good.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Well im buying a 3080 and 3090 regardless - If the 6000 series is bangin i'll chuck the 3080 for it but i doubt they beat 3090

CPUwise --- leeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetssssss gooooooo been waiting!

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Why the fuck are they taking so long. They should do a paper release this month to get peoples heads turned (assuming they'll be able to do that) and then physical launch next month. Give us something to think about - as it stands, assuming I can get my hands on a 3080 at launch I couldn't give a flying fuck about AMD's graphics cards. Not going to wait on a bunch of "what if's and maybe's" where AMD gfx cards are concerned. They've been nothing but dogshit for years.

I expect they'll be good this time around, but I'm not willing to hold off on 3080 for the chance they'll be competitive. Fuck off. Now, 3080 availability, especially knowing how well they'll probably work for coin mining means I and most others won't have a choice.

As for Zen 3, excited to see the new CPU's (read they were going with 5xxx naming conventions) so bring on the 5900x.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
By no other choice, I'm sure I'll play Cyberpunk on a 1070ti, which will suck. I was really hoping a 3080ti/3070ti would make it out before Nov. 19th, but I'm doubtful.

Maybe I'll do a complete rebuild with the new AMD processors, and just use the 1070ti in hope that AMD shocks us/Nvidia pushes stuff more than expected.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Thats really the only thing I keep thinking - Being able to grab any 30xx series card is going to be a pain in the ass. So even if AMD launches their card later than XX reason, they are still going to have plenty of adopters because those cards will be more readily available than the Nvidia's. I cant remember the exact situation, but I remember reading something about two different chips being used in the 30xx series. One chip was cheaper and far more available, which was going to be used on the 3060/70, and the 80/90 series would have the faster, far less available chip. If that's true, then I have no doubt that the new AMD card that launches will fill the hole in availability. Which is another reason the market for used cards is going to just "bottom out" immediately.

As far as mining goes, it needs more analytics. Power consumption, true gain over predecessor cards for strictly mining, etc. That just's just a "Brooo this sounds amazing!" article. Which is all they can do until they get their hands on one.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Thats really the only thing I keep thinking - Being able to grab any 30xx series card is going to be a pain in the ass. So even if AMD launches their card later than XX reason, they are still going to have plenty of adopters because those cards will be more readily available than the Nvidia's. I cant remember the exact situation, but I remember reading something about two different chips being used in the 30xx series. One chip was cheaper and far more available, which was going to be used on the 3060/70, and the 80/90 series would have the faster, far less available chip. If that's true, then I have no doubt that the new AMD card that launches will fill the hole in availability. Which is another reason the market for used cards is going to just "bottom out" immediately.

As far as mining goes, it needs more analytics. Power consumption, true gain over predecessor cards for strictly mining, etc. That just's just a "Brooo this sounds amazing!" article. Which is all they can do until they get their hands on one.

Possibility of a 30xx Ti this year is kinda nil, next year around march or so? Possibly, but this year? Not unless they want to fuck themselves in the ass buy screwing over people twice in one year. Alot of sour individuals over 2080ti vs 3080 for them to toss in a 3080ti with more ram so close to the 3080 coming out. Not to mention the supposed shortages with the cards anyways.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I just want to snag a 3080 16gb when those come out, but I'm having my doubts on being able to actually get one.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user