NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I don't think Intel is in that bad of a position myself. They could always ditch their ridiculously lame iGPUs and 99% of buyers of a 2060+ cards would love it because it would allow them to release chips with a lot more cores and/or higher speeds. On the 8700K/9700K the GPU accounts for something like 33% of the transistor count which is essentially worthless to a lot of people.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
my big massive male brain strategy: wait until 1 week before Cyberpunk releases. Check out reviews for the best bang for the buck ratio and get that one.
Hadn't even factored that in. If AMD releases a week after Cyberpunk comes out, they're fucked. No one is gonna wait for the new AMD card if their current card struggles with it. They're probably already losing all the potential customers who need a new card for SW Squadrons as it is. Anything else that might be somewhat demanding about to be released?

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Hadn't even factored that in. If AMD releases a week after Cyberpunk comes out, they're fucked. No one is gonna wait for the new AMD card if their current card struggles with it. They're probably already losing all the potential customers who need a new card for SW Squadrons as it is. Anything else that might be somewhat demanding about to be released?

Pantheon

• 6Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
my big massive male brain strategy: wait until 1 week before Cyberpunk releases. Check out reviews for the best bang for the buck ratio and get that one.
Everything will be sold out and completely backordered at this point.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Looking on reddit the prices for used 1080's are already dropping like a rock.
I just took a look at Reddit prices aaaand are these motherfuckers serious?

$400 for a used 2080? $400 for a used card that will be obliterated by the $500 3070? Do people have such low confidence in the ability to get a 30X0 card that people are able to get away with this pricing?

• 1Like

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1599508345606.png

Some people are just completely out of the loop.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
It isn't surprising that people would be willing to ask that, only that people are responding and not calling him out for it.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
It isn't surprising that people would be willing to ask that, only that people are responding and not calling him out for it.
Well there's an announcement at the top of the subreddit page saying no "price policing" which I would assume means blasting them for their retarded asking prices.

Obsidian

<Bronze Donator>
People still try to sell something like a 980 for $300 (and they still sell on occasion) so those prices don't surprise me at all

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm still using an antiquated 980 on my gaming pc, glad I waited until this cycle of cards. I'll be upgrading to a 3080 day one.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I wonder if it will even be worth trying to sell my 1080ti or if I should just use it for my bedroom pc that only plays media. My, how the mighty have fallen

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I'm still using an antiquated 980 on my gaming pc, glad I waited until this cycle of cards. I'll be upgrading to a 3080 day one.

Yeah, I'm still rocking a 1060, but this winter is going to be a full rebuild. I realize computer building has gotten a million times "easier" now, but messing with jumpers, cmos, etc. has me seriously fucking traumatized when it comes to building PCs.

• 1Worf

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I wonder if it will even be worth trying to sell my 1080ti or if I should just use it for my bedroom pc that only plays media. My, how the mighty have fallen

Mine is going into my daughters PC.

• 1Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Don't know if everyone is building a new PC and getting ready or normally goes out of stock like this. AMD 3600 and 3600X out of stock until late September or mid October now.

Scratch that, only out of stock at Amazon.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Selling my 2070 super to a friend and picking up a 3080 founders edition. Should be a pretty sweet pc... 3900x, 32GB RAM 3600@cl14, 3080

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
In my situation friend PC is literally on its last leg so i built a 3900x for her because her video card died - She has an i7 860 from like 11 years ago or so and was using a 970 - so even this upgrade will keep her going for like another 4-5 years and can upgrade if ever the need - but considering shes been using a 970 and 60hz panel im sure she will be content and shocked by something more recent.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Don't know if everyone is building a new PC and getting ready or normally goes out of stock like this. AMD 3600 and 3600X out of stock until late September or mid October now.

Scratch that, only out of stock at Amazon.

Things have been in/out of stock all over the place. Amazon has had spotty availability before Covid. I had to order things from different places back in December 2019 because Amazon didn't have them in stock or at all.

BH Photo carries PC components, check there, too.