NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I hope that is another fake, because while a 30% performance increase is nothing to sneeze at - 30% more power usage for 30% more performance is a lousy trade off imo.

Would be pretty funny though, after watching Nvidia's best and exciting GPU launch (to me anyways) that they fall well short of their claims (or only achieve the performance they are beating their chests over in very particular circumstances, etc) and AMD comes out swinging.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Yeah, planning to build a new rig once everything is actually released, so mid 2021 at this rate :/

• 1Solidarity

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
At that point you can wait for the second spawn of that generation, the Super variants.
Since the miners will eat up the entire supply, most people will only maybe see these by the time the supers show up anyhow and AMD's cards are ranked.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I just want to know if AMD is going to do X670 chipset or not - now a whole month to wait and find out.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I'd expect x670 to drop sometime next year at the earliest - they have a new b520 coming and just released b550 recently. Not sure how much more they can improve AM4 tbh and I imagine the x670 boards will be expensive af

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Wasnt x570 last year and X470 the year before? I'd rather wait to be certain - id imagine cpu's are out mid to end of october - that will complete my build.

nu_11

The RDNA2 date is a huge let down. On AMD's last CC they specifically said RDNA2 cards would be launching before PS5/Xbox.
October 8 is just twisting the knife into Intel.

October 28 is just submission to Nvidia with tails between legs.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
October 8 is just twisting the knife into Intel.

October 28 is just submission to Nvidia with tails between legs.
Agreed, if you felt confident you could go head to head with Nvidia to me you’d leak something this week before ampere launch to give people like me a decision to make. Paper launch 6 weeks after Nvidia hardware hits stores is basically sneaking in your product hoping people have issues with Nvidia availability. Doesn’t fill me with confidence at all at feels like conceding.
Zen though feels like it could finally push Intels bloated corpse off the cliff.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Mad i missed Amazon slipping and allowing 3090 and 3080 preorders earlier. None of them have even been canceled yet.

• 1Rustled
  • 1RAGE
Reactions: 1 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Mad i missed Amazon slipping and allowing 3090 and 3080 preorders earlier. None of them have even been canceled yet.
I have my 3080 zotac preorder from amazon last week still. Hope it goes through and they correct price but I’m not banking on it. Pissed I missed msi today 🤯🤬

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
I didnt see the cost of the 3090s today - but they werent evga anyways! I want a FE 3080 and evga copper 3090

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
If anyone is interested, Originpc.com has the 3080 and 3090 available for preorders right now. They don't specifically call it 3080 and 3090, but you can get a PC build with the cards at the prices that Nvidia is saying on their site for both the 3080 ($685) and 3090 ($1,577). They just call both "Next Gen" Nvidia gtx cards. They just call the 3080 the "premium," and the 3090 the "ultimate." So far, it's the only computer company that I've found that's even offering them as a selection.

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How does it work when you buy from nvidia? Do you pay directly when you order or do they charge once they ship it? I'm going to order a few places when they release but also try a FE order, not interested in shelling out money in advance though and having to wait.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I just want to know if AMD is going to do X670 chipset or not - now a whole month to wait and find out.
Later this year: Rumor is that X670 was outsourced, while X570 was done inhouse by AMD because no third party wanted to touch PCIe 4.0 chipset production from the ground up.

The gains are minimal though. If you are not overclocking your memory, don't need USB 3.2 or Thunderbolt 3 (which isn't confirmed for X670) you can get probably the same performance with X570 boards. NVMe SSDs aren't saturating 4x PCIe 4.0 links at the moment, so the only uptick would be connectivity.

Zen 4 (5nm Node) on AM5 is planned for 2022 with DDR5 with USB 4.0, which requires new chipsets and boards anyway.

and AMD comes out swinging.
AMD is building the XBox and PS5 SoC's (Zen Cores + GPU). Grapevine says that the Sony engineers were smug as fuck about how they could build a better graphics hardware with the AMD RDNA2 IP than AMD could themselves.

If you want an in-depth look at the architecture improvements:

• 1Like

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
I am hoping the X670 has more of a presence in the Micro-ATX space. There are a number of cases I wanted to build in but AMD stranglely only has B550 chipset boards or below in mATX; I am hoping X670 changes that.

Also; I think that the Oct. 28th isn't a "submission to nVidia" but just a different strategy; I think AMD was heavily committed to the consoles and is also not going to just-beyond paper launch like what I hearing the 3000's are, plus they have publicly stated they wanted to be sure their drivers were better this time right out of the gate. Maybe this is wrong and they barely compete but the same things were said about the Zen2 in 2019 and look how that ended up. If you are buying the 3090, I might not wait; Who knows how they are going to compete at the top end and if you can drop 1500 hundred bucks, maybe you do go all in. RDNA3 is where they are expecting to compete at all levels, like the Zen3 is their parity/pull ahead product in the CPU space. If you are spending less than that, I might hold off and see what AMD is offering. I know that for a 10GB card that is only 35% faster than my 2080Ti, I am not dropping 700-800 bucks just yet.

• 1Solidarity

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I am hoping the X670 has more of a presence in the Micro-ATX space.
Problem with X570 is that it runs hot and has to be cooled. Also, when you are shopping for small form factor in µATX, why not go all the way to MiniATX? For example:

Details here:

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
1599743259976.png

This is supposedly a 3090 in a case -- notice what its resting on.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users