NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I've watched a lot of comparison videos - like when they sit shroud at 60, 144, and 240 hz displays and see how he reacts. There's definite noticable improvement. I'd say between 120-144 is the sweet spot for me (I've never looked at 240), but when it dips lower I can feel it. 60 feels absolutely disgusting. That's not to say gaming at 60 is disgusting, but to me after 4-5 years at 144 hz it feels disgusting.

That said, if a console actually played at 60 fps it'd be a miracle.
I really want a 43" 120Hz monitor of some sort. Or Gsync/FreeSync such that you can have something better than 60. The video smoothness of those monitors playing at 90/120Hz is just so amazing but I am not willing to play on a monitor smaller than 39" and less than 4k. Consoles at 60 look great too but I think with Ampere/RNDA2/3 we are finally going to be in a place with 4K/120Hz gaming is a real possibility.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Never really saw the point in such a big monitor, but to each their own. My company makes that absurd 49 inch ultrawide

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I really want a 43" 120Hz monitor of some sort. Or Gsync/FreeSync such that you can have something better than 60. The video smoothness of those monitors playing at 90/120Hz is just so amazing but I am not willing to play on a monitor smaller than 39" and less than 4k. Consoles at 60 look great too but I think with Ampere/RNDA2/3 we are finally going to be in a place with 4K/120Hz gaming is a real possibility.

Check out the LG CX 48 if it ever gets released

EDIT

Last edited:

Argarth

On the verandah
Still waiting on LG and company to get off their arses and start making OLED Ultrawides. Basically an OLED version of the monitor I have now, plus a GPU upgrade, and I can die happy.

For some it's Refresh rate, for others it's 4K, but for me it's Ultrawide. Just can't ever go back, and now I've had the 38" for a while, even a 34" wouldn't cut it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone who says 60 to 144 doesn't make that much difference - you're insane. If you play anything at all that makes you move the mouse, it is a noticeable difference. The smoothness is a game-changer, coming from someone still on a 60hz. I'm trying to hold off until later in the year that some badass monitors will release along with the new 30xx cards.

Now what I'm struggling with is whether not I want to stay ultra-wide. I think I do? Idk... I'd be very happy with a 32-34" 144hz 1440p IPS panel that was actually badass. Essentially a copy of that badass 27" IPS panel LG made.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
It's past 144 that makes zero to little difference, particularly for reaction time in FPS games. Linus did a good video on it with shroud and some others.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone who says 60 to 144 doesn't make that much difference - you're insane.
I'd say the same thing about ultrawide, and if I have to choose between 21:9 75Hz and 16:9 144Hz it's not even a question which one I'd pick (and if I was looking to spend the kind of money required to drive 144Hz at a proper resolution I'd still skip it in favor of going all the way to 32:9).

Crone

I'd say the same thing about ultrawide, and if I have to choose between 21:9 75Hz and 16:9 144Hz it's not even a question which one I'd pick (and if I was looking to spend the kind of money required to drive 144Hz at a proper resolution I'd still skip it in favor of going all the way to 32:9).
I feel like I'd be a great candidate for an ultra wide, because I don't play FPS, and if I do, it's so casual I don't care about refresh rates. I'm currently gaming on a 27" 1440p 144hz, but not a single game I play gets to 144 FPS, well other than EQ ... Lol. But I think I'll have to start looking at the ultra wides soon.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Never really saw the point in such a big monitor, but to each their own. My company makes that absurd 49 inch ultrawide

Blasphemy!

200.gif

• 1Worf

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
  • 1Worf

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I can't stand Jay, he's a twit/idiot/othernameshere. He is someone to not trust unless Linus posted a video on the topic 2 days before

Last edited:
  • 1Seriously?

Coleslaw

Blackwing Lair Raider
I need one of those cards asap to play games from 20 years ago gdi.

• 1Solidarity

Crone

I need one of those cards asap to play games from 20 years ago gdi.
Was in the market for a laptop since I travel most weeks. Then I got back into EQ on Aradune, and I got a job that has me close enough to home to be home every night. Was like nawww, don't need it now, not for EQ! Lol